Fathers Day Special**REVISED****

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoOriginally Posted By: catwhackerNew 17 Rem. upper is here!!! Just what I wanted in every way!!!

Thanks Scott.

Jim

Can't wait to see how that .17 patterns.

Just put a Burris E1 4.5/14 on it. As soon as the wind stops blowing we'll find out!!!

024.jpg

Scott if you lived a little closer I would give you a country whooopin--you let me go help out the church yard sale///then go all the way to the hunting woods to put out some yellow acorns...drive all the way home thinking I gotta cut the grass-With this beauty laying by herself on the front porch... [img:center]
IMG_1026.jpg
[/img]

Man i could have stayed home and hugged the mail lady...
Thanks buddy
tt2.gif

Now all she needs is a frame and some glass..come on Eagle..

Thanks David

Any Range reports yet ?
I got out yesturday to start the break in.
Only shot about 20 rounds to start break in, fire one, clean, fire three, clean, you know the drill. So no Range results yet. However the upper functioned
smile.gif
100%
Can't go out again until next week, gott'a go Deer huntin' in the morning
wink.gif

Last edited:
Well mine showed up this Morning Also, Bad Picture taker but it gives you a idea... Would like to say a BIG THANKS to Scott again for the FDS...

photobucket-3894-1318727898777-2.jpg

Originally Posted By: reddog964Well mine showed up this Morning Also, Bad Picture taker but it gives you a idea... Would like to say a BIG THANKS to Scott again for the FDS...

That looks nice. What supressor do you have on it?

Originally Posted By: stealthmanOriginally Posted By: reddog964Well mine showed up this Morning Also, Bad Picture taker but it gives you a idea... Would like to say a BIG THANKS to Scott again for the FDS...

That looks nice. What supressor do you have on it?

It is the YHM 7.62 Phantom quick detach! I run it on my 243win, 264LBC, 6x45, 223rem and now the 17remy.... Range time tomorrow with it and the Chrony.

Did some range work today.26.5 grains of varget with a 60 gr nosler ballistic tip in lake city brass and a remington 71/2 primer did real well.Had a couple left on the way home and blasted this little guy.
[img:center]
squirrel.jpg
[/img]

Sure hope the picture works.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: digger11Did some range work today.26.5 grains of varget with a 60 gr nosler ballistic tip in lake city brass and a remington 71/2 primer did real well.Had a couple left on the way home and blasted this little guy.
[img:center]
squirrel.jpg
[/img]
Sure hope the picture works.

Thats what I'm talkin' about
Rifle an a dead Critter
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: catwhackerRange report is good. I did the shoot clean shoot clean thing. I got it on paper and shot the first 3 group at 100 yards. I would normally shoot 5 but I'm low on ammo. Look close there is 3 shots there.
I let it cool off and shot 1 shot and adjusted up 2 clicks shot 2 more and then did 2 clicks left. She's dead on now. Time to get the reloader fired up. It's a shooter!!!!!!!!

17001.jpg

17002.jpg

Very cool man. It's a shooter. Care to share your load data?

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSOriginally Posted By: catwhackerRange report is good. I did the shoot clean shoot clean thing. I got it on paper and shot the first 3 group at 100 yards. I would normally shoot 5 but I'm low on ammo. Look close there is 3 shots there.
I let it cool off and shot 1 shot and adjusted up 2 clicks shot 2 more and then did 2 clicks left. She's dead on now. Time to get the reloader fired up. It's a shooter!!!!!!!!

17001.jpg

17002.jpg

Remington 25 grn . HP factory load.

I was just informed by my better half that there was a triangular shaped USPS box, about three foot long, sitting by our front door this evening when she got home from work. Could it be? Could it be? Could it be?
thumbup1.gif

She has verified that it shipped from Arizona.........Hmmmmm

It's safe to say that I've not been this stoked since US troops sent Bin Laden to meet his maker!!!!!! How, oh how, will I ever be able to get to sleep tonight?? Man, I'm freaking stoked right now.........

Last edited:
That is good news. I think mine shipped in this last batch, and I see where Utah and those areas got theirs on Saturday, it looks like Missouri got theirs today, so I am hoping mine makes it to Ohio tomorrow. That drive home from work to see if I have a package is a speeding ticket waiting to happen.

Originally Posted By: catwhackerOriginally Posted By: BOBTAILSOriginally Posted By: catwhackerRange report is good. I did the shoot clean shoot clean thing. I got it on paper and shot the first 3 group at 100 yards. I would normally shoot 5 but I'm low on ammo. Look close there is 3 shots there.

17001.jpg

17002.jpg

Remington 25 grn . HP factory load.

That is definitely a fur taker! It is so nice when you can just walk them on in like that. I really hadn't had a rifle like that until I had gotten my .204 from Scott. I am still waiting on my .17 upper. Since I am the odd man, I love the bull barrels, wouldn't you know that the barrel guys screwed up my barrel. Scott is trying to fix it, but it could take a little while. Scott is doing all that he can as usual, it's just a matter of time.

It is so good to see all of you getting your guns and getting out to use them. I am envious.

Back