different feelings about hunting.

Everyone has their $0.02 to add. Here is mine:

1. Most passions have an expiration date

Not all. But, most. Remember when you loved to skateboard, ride a bike, or play baseball? Passions come and go. I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (for 20 years). Most people last for about 4-5 years if they make it through their first year. The newness wears off. Things become routine. Interests change.

2. Like the one guy said, check your testosterone.

I am not being mean. It decreases with age and makes men more passive. So does bad eating habits and alcohol. All of these things effect mood and agressiveness.

There is a whole long list of things I used to like doing that I don't do know. It is natural. Hunting is no different. You did it at first because it was fun. Now, it isn't. Perfectly normal.

The problem is the most people define themselves by what they do. "I am a hunter". It is then problematic when someone doesn't want to do that thing anymore. They then have an identity crisis. This is unsettling. So, they look to justify the change.

It sounds like you are looking for an intellectual excuse to justify your reason for stopping. You don't need one. Hunting is not your identity.

Last edited:
Back