Death to coyotes NOW

Originally Posted By: stanlyGet the Yotes, have them tanned, make a rug for your dog to lay on. Can you say Poetic Justice...

Now thats a great idea!!!

I fell your pain, I have had dogs cut up.
This thread doesn't do much for hunters as a whole. With all the talk of "illegal action".
Do as you like, but remember there are "trolls" here, and everywhere else, that would like nothing better than to call the law on you.
Just my thoughts. Duane

Thanks Duane. I appreciate the info. IF they called the law here, the law would ask for a beer and a spotlight. I have lived here 42 years. I went to school with some of the police. Know most others. Small town area.
Well, I said I was not resorting to illegal actions.
AND if there are trolls present... I am not hunting them... I am killing them. I am not in it for the sport, challenge, adventure, etc. I am doing it to protect my pets and property. Since most of them live in the city or their moms basement, they won't understand anyway.
AND what I do should not reflect upon anyone else. I have a situation that needs resolution. It will be resolved. Legally.
The bleeding hearts can kiss my [beeep].
Interestingly enough I have a tanned coyote on the floor and the golden sleeps on it all the time. I have a pic of that too. HA
Wags

Last edited:
Please don't think I am chest beating or am above the law. I will do everything I can to comply with the laws and regulations of the State of Il.
I have to see if baiting is even legal in this state. The state is ruled by Chicago politicians. (even though the capital is Springfield) So, probably not. I will contact DNR and see what they say.

Wags

Spoke with DNR today. Shoot 24/ 7 is what they said. Bait em, if desired.
Local LE says they don't care. Don't shoot people or other animals. DUH
Wags

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doggiNMWags, sorry about your dog. Did you witness the attack? Was it just one coyote?
I did not witness the attack. He has been in a scuffle with a coyote more than 1x. (and raccoons, possums, groundhogs, ducks, rabbits, squirrels, etc) An old country dog. I assumed by the damage it had to be more than 1. The other night I saw a pair in my yard. 30' from my door. The Golden took off after them and they held their ground until I yelled at them. Reached inside, grabbed my rifle, and the golden was only about 30' from them when they all stopped. They were 150 yards ish at that point. To close to shoot with an ar after being awake for about 1 min at 2am. No signs of scratching, so not a bobcat thing. Also, bobcats are not very common around here. No packs of dogs running. He was found at the neighbors house with the neighbors 3 goldens. One Golden was licking his ear wound, the other two were laying by his side. They play all the time, and it was to serious to be a "domestic dog" fight.
I could be wrong. But, it all seems to add up.
Road kill.. I am looking for now.
Wags

Oh, and it just snowed here. Perfect weather.

Last edited:
I honestly feel I have done my due dilligence in complying with laws and regulations. Sure, I said some harsh stuff, but I am back on the right track.
Not as pissy now. Makes me a better shot too!
Wags

Beautiful dog, Wags. Sorry he got hurt. Glad to see that everything is on the right track now, and no one is trying to keep you from protecting your family/land. GO GET'EM.
thumbup1.gif

Honestly, the first thing that popped into my mind seeing your dogs injuries was a dog fight. Either way coyotes in the yard isn't ok.

Looks like coyote attack to me.

I hunted one place back in Ind for a guy whose beagle lost a leg to couple coyotes.

Bout ripped the darn leg off and had to be amped off.

Same leg as ole Wags too.

Happened in front yard at night letting rover out to pee.

That old man HATED coyotes with a black heart after that!

Beagle would head for the house when the sun set.

Never same after that mauling.

He was revenged.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: doggiNMHonestly, the first thing that popped into my mind seeing your dogs injuries was a dog fight. Either way coyotes in the yard isn't ok.
I thought about that long and hard. Really I did. My dog does roam to neighbors after I leave for work. The neighbors goldens (3) come here, dog party, and vice versa. They have had fights as dogs do, but I have never seen a domestic dog fight with these results. Also the neighbors goldens had no blood on them when I got there. There aren't any other dogs close to my house/ vs where he was. I could not see how the goldens would not have had blood on them IF they were involved. My dog was bleeding a lot (obviously). I really thought it was his last day. I like my dogs better than I like most people- but I am a country guy. An animal suffering needs to be put down. Vet said give it 2 days and see if there is improvement. They had him doped up enough he was not in pain. He started to come around, so I kept the care up.
And.. here we are.
Wags (thinking much more clear)

Originally Posted By: wagspe208Originally Posted By: doggiNMHonestly, the first thing that popped into my mind seeing your dogs injuries was a dog fight. Either way coyotes in the yard isn't ok.
I thought about that long and hard. Really I did. My dog does roam to neighbors after I leave for work. The neighbors goldens (3) come here, dog party, and vice versa. They have had fights as dogs do, but I have never seen a domestic dog fight with these results. Also the neighbors goldens had no blood on them when I got there. There aren't any other dogs close to my house/ vs where he was. I could not see how the goldens would not have had blood on them IF they were involved. My dog was bleeding a lot (obviously). I really thought it was his last day. I like my dogs better than I like most people- but I am a country guy. An animal suffering needs to be put down. Vet said give it 2 days and see if there is improvement. They had him doped up enough he was not in pain. He started to come around, so I kept the care up.
And.. here we are.
Wags (thinking much more clear)

you let your dog run free?

Back