check this out...I frickin new it

"We'll have to 'meet up'..." Isn't necessarily a threat, but with, "Dont threaten me" this is geting real close to a problem so would you guys just go back in your corners, please? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks, Matt

Sorry Java, i'd have to come out of my corner to go back... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Whats wrong with the picture? The man is standing, acknowledging the anthem. Oh wait, he doesnt have his hand over his heart does he.....SO WHAT. So no, it doesnt matter to me.

You dont deserve to be an American, I wish you were closer buddy, but I may make it down there some day, We'll have to "meet up" if I ever do!

'Acknowledging' the anthem??? If you are a real AMERICAN, you don't just 'acknowledge' the anthem!! There is some protocol involved which includes placing your hand over your heart!

Tim

That is YOUR personal belief, i think standing at attention and facing the flag while observing silence is perfectly fine.

Sorry, jwp, you are wrong--it is not my personal belief, but the proper way to pay RESPECT to our country and flag during the National Anthem.

This is from the National Flag Foundation's website:

When the national anthem is played or sung, citizens should stand at attention and salute, by placing their right hand over the heart, at the first note and hold the salute through the last note. The salute is directed to the flag, if displayed, otherwise to the music. If in uniform, the person should salute in the formal manner. It is proper to salute wherever the national anthem is played, for instance, on a college campus, in a public park, in a church, at a ball game, sports event, etc.

Tim

Quote:
I love this! I have never seen people so frightened of one word or one group! "oh no, he said MUSLIM!!! Run for your life!!!", "Lets talk about stuff that doesnt matter, instead of worrying about the REAL problems in his campagin!!"...like what his political agendas are, instead of his personal beliefs.

His political agenda, personal beliefs, and being muslim are all part of the same deal. And you're a fool. An ignorant fool. You haven't been anywhere, done anything or seen anything and have no idea about what the world's about. All you know is what you read in some book or hear from the other fools in your little playpen.

Edited for TOS violation. Foul language, of any kind is not permitted. KEEP IT CIVIL...thank you for your cooperation...

Last edited by a moderator:
Im disgusted at some of the comments I've read here.Thats an understatment really.Im so pissed off Im about to have a frickin heart attack right now.I for one am proud to be an American and I do feel a since of pride when I say the Pledge of Allegance or hear the National Anthem.If you dont your nothin more than a communist peice of trash I think.I dont care that Obama is a Muslim thats his choice.But I think that someone who is going to respresent this country needs to have some pride in being an American but maybe Im crazy for thinkin that I dont know.I think that someone who is going to run this country needs to say something nice about America every once in a while instead of running it into the ground every chance he gets but thats just my way of thinkin.I cant think of anything that Obama has done that has shown that he thinks very highly of America.I wouldnt take a leak on the guy if he was on fire but again thats just me.I always feel like Im going to get in trouble when I post a comment in The Church of Painful Truth but Im just saying what I feel and thats how it should be.If you dont like it well delete it I guess.

So if you dont put your hand over your heart, you have no national pride? You people get all worked up over some so small and meaningless......

Oh by the way timb, i dont really care what some non-profit groups made up rules say...sorry.

So please to all that think if you do not place your hand over your heart during the anthem is SACRILEGIOUS(and basically you are a piece of crap for not doing so), please by all means the next time you are at a sporting event and see someone not doing so, react the same way you have here(personally call out that person and his love of country). And when you do, i hope your judgemental butts get exactly what they need!

Quote:
Im disgusted at some of the comments I've read here.Thats an understatment really.Im so pissed off Im about to have a frickin heart attack right now.I for one am proud to be an American and I do feel a since of pride when I say the Pledge of Allegance or hear the National Anthem.If you dont your nothin more than a communist peice of trash I think.I dont care that Obama is a Muslim thats his choice.But I think that someone who is going to respresent this country needs to have some pride in being an American but maybe Im crazy for thinkin that I dont know.I think that someone who is going to run this country needs to say something nice about America every once in a while instead of running it into the ground every chance he gets but thats just my way of thinkin.I cant think of anything that Obama has done that has shown that he thinks very highly of America.I wouldnt take a leak on the guy if he was on fire but again thats just me.I always feel like Im going to get in trouble when I post a comment in The Church of Painful Truth but Im just saying what I feel and thats how it should be.If you dont like it well delete it I guess.

No trouble here my friend...

Very well said! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

BDS = My way of saying, "I told ya so". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Well guys like it or not he's your next prez and his biggest selling point was none other than the worst president ever, "bush".

Oh good Lord...DR, I expect a big piece of you is going to fly away on Marine 1 in what will no doubt be, for you, a bittersweet moment when the Bushes leave the WH in February. I expect that their departure will leave you with a profound sense of loss and, perhaps, even depression. I know it isn't easy to suffer from Bush Derangement Syndrome, but just hang in there and you'll get through it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
So if you dont put your hand over your heart, you have no national pride? You people get all worked up over some so small and meaningless......

Oh by the way timb, i dont really care what some non-profit groups made up rules say...sorry.

So please to all that think if you do not place your hand over your heart during the anthem is SACRILEGIOUS(and basically you are a piece of crap for not doing so), please by all means the next time you are at a sporting event and see someone not doing so, react the same way you have here(personally call out that person and his love of country). And when you do, i hope your judgemental butts get exactly what they need!

You people get all worked up over some so small and meaningless...... Exactly what people are you referring to JWP? The one's who are on this board and share a basic belief, or someone else?

i hope your judgemental butts get exactly what they need! What exactly is it that these "people", you are referring to, specifically "need"?

I get the feeling that although you understand full and well that just about everyone here feels the same way, you are, somehow going to let us all know exactly how wrong and uneducated on the issues we really are.

I suggest that you join the Military and explain to your Drill Sergeant exactly why you don't feel that saluting the flag is necessary, and that just standing and facing it is patriotic enough.

While you have the right to express your opinions JWP, don't start telling everyone here just how "nut's" they are for believeing what they believe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

No Mr. Mock, i am not saying my beliefs are correct. But for someone to think that just because a person doesnt put their hand over their heart during the national anthem, they dont deserve to be a U.S. citizen is a bit ridiculous.

If you want to put your hand over your heart, DO IT!! I see NOTHING worng with it!!(show me where i said it was wrong to do so) But to condemn a man and his percieved values for not doing so is just plain ignorant.

I am referring to the ones that want people charged with treason for not "placing their hand over their heart".

And what they need is to get their nosey/judgemental butts whipped for making outrageous assumptions.

Quote:

Nothing meaningless about it. And at the drag races two months ago.....when the anthem was sung everybody - in the stands, in the pits, lined up on the back road, EVERYBODY - stopped and put their hat or their hand over their heart. It means something, and you have a lot to learn. Maybe you don't care. You should've been there telling those folks how meaningless the whole thing is. You'd have got educated.

If he'll lie about being a Muslim what else will he lie about? Answer- EVERYTHING

Rabbit- If W is the worst ever you'll change your tune after four years of this clown. Perhaps a big pay raise for bureaucrats will eventually change your mind.

Quote:
Quote:

No trouble here my friend...

Very well said! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

+1 Here, too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
i'm surprized he is from texas. here in wyoming we would tie him to a post.

... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif...I just dont understand how a post like this acceptable

Quote:
But to condemn a man and his percieved values for not doing so is just plain ignorant.

I am referring to the ones that want people charged with treason for not "placing their hand over their heart".

And what they need is to get their nosey/judgemental butts whipped for making outrageous assumptions.

My intent was not to be "cute", but to illustrate, as you have done so eloquently here, that to condemn a person, or group of people, for their perceived values is just plain ignorant...

I am not seriously suggesting that you serve your country in the military JWP, I am merely making a point that while you are in fact a member of the Armed Forces, and saluting is a requirement, it is also what is known as a "Military Custom and Courtesy", much like placing your hand over your heart is considered a custom and courtesy. Many people choose to do it, and some do not.

For you to compare some folks at a basketball game to the potential Commander in Chief of the United States is just plain ridiculous! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Quote:

... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif...I just dont understand how a post like this acceptable

Well, all I can recommend is that you re-read the TOS.

I see no violation.

Your posts often stir peoples' passions, frequently about issues very near to their hearts.

As Harry Truman said: "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!"

We will enforce actual TOS violations, but unless a bona fide violation occurs I am not going to get involved. I can't speak for them, but I suspect Jeff and Stu are of a similar mindset on this situation.

Quote:

What a (Edited, Java, TOS...). There's a lot you don't understand.

Quote:
Quote:

What a (Edited, Java, TOS). There's a lot you don't understand.

Well sir i have a lot...a lot i would like to say to you, but i'm not going to violate the TOS...unlike yourself.

Thank you, can we please cool it now guys? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif--Matt

Quote:
Quote:

Jwp. He's just refering to the old cowboy and indian movies. Buzzards comming along and all that.

Just a question. When the klinton's said the burning of the US flag was just freedom of expression, does that sit well with you jwp. Alot of Americans paid with all for that ragged old flag.

I know exactly what he is referring to...and it doesnt really have a place here.

Would i burn a flag? [beeep] no. If you do burn the flag, you better be prepared to face the consequences of doing so....

Does that answer your question?

Back