Californian parent problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rocky1Originally Posted By: Anna@eric_mayer your psychic, dead correct on the whole paragraph. Ill try your advise.
smile.gif
. Sweet talking usually doesn't work with them and they are additionally irritated by some over spending on credit cards.

I like the idea about trying to prove that I'm a safe firearms owner. I did pass hunters ed and have the little orange card from that. I wish It wasn't a two hour drive to the range though, that might make it a bit difficult to show my competency.

Well....... I don't want to throw any kinks into things here, but;

1.) You're living on Mom and Dad's dime.
2.) You're over-spending on Mom and Dad's credit card.
3.) You have bought a rifle that Mom and Dad don't approve of.

Just a shot in the dark here but, the rifle wouldn't happen to be what you purchased that caused the over-spending on the credit card thingy would it?

The fact that you're 23, living on their dime, and they have hired a "Life Coach", tells me your parents are liberals. The fact that "they don't approve of the gun" almost told me they were liberals, until you threw the credit card situation into this scenario.

-- If as I'm guessing, you probably went out and bought "The Gun" on their credit card, they probably have a right to tell your life coach to take the gun.
-- If you didn't buy the gun on their credit card; why are you living, (and over-spending), on their credit card, if you can afford to buy "The Gun"??
-- The fact that you're on here whining to a bunch of conservative gun nuts about your "Helicopter Parents" ordering your "Life Coach" to take "The Gun", when you only have 19 posts, and 7 of them are in this thread at time of this post, leads me to believe that Heretic is probably calling this one right.

-- If not... it's very likely that you have already proved yourself irresponsible in purchase of the weapon, when your parents are supporting you, especially if purchasing the weapon is in any way related to the over-spending on the credit card. Which the fact that your "Helicopter Parents" asked your "Life Coach" to take the gun at all, is indicative that that may be the case.

In addendum...

Considering Jack's post about things that aren't posted here, let's look at what's posted elsewhere... You'll have to pardon my cyniscism Jack, but this story went to far fetched about the middle of page 2, before I looked deeper; now it's really far fetched!!

You bought, not just any gun, but a Weatherby Vanguard Series 2. And, since you also pointed out in this thread that the "Life Coach" picked the gun up out of the Pelican case and put it in a soft case. And, previsouly pointed out the gun was scoped. That would suggest the Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 Package... Gun, Scope, and Case... at minimum... MSRP $999.00. Unless of course you opted for a much more expensive predator hunting scope. Which wouldn't surprise me in the least at this point.

And, you don't know if it's possible to " exchange the rifle if the bullets are the wrong size".

You just recently moved to boulder, having lived in Denver for 4 years before that. Meaning you left mom and dad's nest at 18 - 19, and moved to Colorado. Suggesting that you went to Colorado to attend college, for the excellent ski slopes. And, now after 4 years of college, you want to be a Taxidermist.

You "only just got a car". Not an SUV, or a Jeep, or a Hummer, or a pickup, but "a car". Because it's hard to hunt using public transportation.

And, you don't have a computer, just an I-pad. Which sorta doesn't wash with the being a college student living on mom and dad's credit card and buying guns theory.

huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif

And, that's all in just 19 posts. A couple of which didn't even add to this saga.

Anna, We are going togo ahead and lock this one down.

There is to many giving advise without enough solid iformation..

Liability on this is high if something goes wrong.

Anna if you feel you can give me enough information to satify the questions asked then you can private message me and we will consider unlocking it. James Lindley.. moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back