Californian parent problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

Not only are my parents mad at me about me being a budding taxidermist and having purchased animal skins on eBay to work with. They had my rifle, that I safely and legally owned and purchased with my own money, taken away from me. Just cause my mom and dad doesn't like guns. They live in a different fricken state, I suspect they just hate guns because to them their is no safe sane reason to own them.

I want my rifle back! I don't know what to say to them that will convince them to give it back.

I'm 23 if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
So.. where is your rifle at? Your parents are a little over protective/crossing boundaries if you're 23 and they feel they can still take things you legally own.

File charges against them. If you are legal and law abiding there's no reason for them to to that. Have a lawyer call them and let them know how serious you are. I know it's your parents but sometimes it takes something that serious to let them know how serious you are.

My life coach took the rifle and is going to store it in his gun safe until my mom gives him the okay to sell the gun.

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.If you really want to piss them off move to Texas.

I'd do that in a heart beat but I really don't like hot weather. Would Alaska, Montana, Idaho, work?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: AnnaOriginally Posted By: AubreyD.If you really want to piss them off move to Texas.

I'd do that in a heart beat but I really don't like hot weather. Would Alaska, Montana, Idaho, work?
smile.gif

Utah may work. One of the highest for firearm ownership. Next door, and not near as hot as Texas, as I've lived in both.
By the way, what the heck is a "life coach"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AnnaMy life coach took the rifle and is going to store it in his gun safe until my mom gives him the okay to sell the gun.

What is a "life coach", and what legal authority does this coach have over you?

Originally Posted By: AnnaMy life coach took the rifle and is going to store it in his gun safe until my mom gives him the okay to sell the gun.
-------------------------
What is a Life Coach, and why do you have one? If you purchased the rifle legally, I can't understand how your Life Coach has any right to keep the rifle. Call an Attorney right away because something really stinks here.

File a police report. Advise the police that this life coach is possession of stolen property. He can go to jail on a felony.

He's a person my parents pay to look after me since they live in a different state; ie california. i don't want to get the authorities involved I don't want this to be a stink big enough to cause a rift in my relationship with my parents.

Originally Posted By: AnnaHe's a person my parents pay to look after me since they live in a different state; ie california. i don't want to get the authorities involved I don't want this to be a stink big enough to cause a rift in my relationship with my parents.

If you're not willing to stand up for your own rights, dont expect anyone else to. Oh and .....If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
QUITYERBITCHEN

Originally Posted By: AnnaHe's a person my parents pay to look after me since they live in a different state; ie california. i don't want to get the authorities involved I don't want this to be a stink big enough to cause a rift in my relationship with my parents.
----------------------------------------
I really hate to tell you this, but there comes a time when a person must decide to take control of their own life. Nobody can help you until you are ready to help yourself.

Look, Anna...

There is already a "rift" between you and your parents, and until you take charge of your life, they will control you forever.

Are you under a court order, or has some court assigned this "life coach" control over your life?

If not, then you need to bring this to a stop, or your life coach will be controlling you until your parents stop paying him (which might not be for a long time).

If you are an independent, legal adult, then your "life coach" can advise you, but cannot make you do anything.

How did Mr. Life Coach get your rifle in the first place. Tell him to return your property, and then refuse to talk to him anymore.

Anna. Your parents sound like the ones need a life coach. They need this rift, and to let go, you need it, and to be free. If you are not under any court order, protection order they have no right especially at 23. Do you belong to NRA, GOA, JFPO or any firearms rights org? If so they coupe possible help, if not you should. BTW, I've lived in every corner of the states, center and have found Kentucky to be very gun friendly! Don't lay down, fight it.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: AnnaHe's a person my parents pay to look after me since they live in a different state; ie california. i don't want to get the authorities involved I don't want this to be a stink big enough to cause a rift in my relationship with my parents.

Look, Anna...

There is already a "rift" between you and your parents, and until you take charge of your life, they will control you forever.

Are you under a court order, or has some court assigned this "life coach" control over your life?

If not, then you need to bring this to a stop, or your life coach will be controlling you until your parents stop paying him (which might not be for a long time).

If you are an independent, legal adult, then your "life coach" can advise you, but cannot make you do anything.

How did Mr. Life Coach get your rifle in the first place. Tell him to return your property, and then refuse to talk to him anymore.

I am a legal adult and I have never been to court or had any charges against me or such forth. Ill see what I can do about getting him to give it back. I guess I need to show some teeth in the matter and stop being so meek. The life coach is mostly because my parents like to hover like a stinken helicopter over my life. There is a term for controlling parents "helicopter parents".

The life coach came over to my house to check on me as he does once a week. He told me that my mom had told him to take the rifle, he picked it up out of my pelican case, put it in a soft case and left with it. I told him I'd really prefer he didn't take it and he still took it since my mom had ordered him to do so.

I'm trying to get him to pick up his phone so I can demand he returns it or legal action will be taken. Additionally I'm trying to get my mom on the phone to see if I can calmly negotiate her allowing me to have my gun back. It's all a big pain in the neck.

I need to get some gun rights memberships. I have bow hunting/archery memberships, since my folks are fine with archery, but don't like guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back