buds gun shop....what a joke

I hear the "buds Gun" talk all the time....well i can get this gun off internet for 50 less then what you have it for.....I tell people go for it....What is not typically said is that even [beeep] your getting it "tax free", free shipping, and this great deal...Typically you have to pay a transfer fee from them...then you have to pay transfer fee to the dealer excepting the gun. Another fact that is also over looked is that your supposed to pay the tax at the shop you pic it up at...I am almost positive this is the case. Ive always been a little confused by all that. Anyway, after you add all that in, and the time and headache you spent your not saving that much and sometimes got a worse deal. Plus you might as well support a local shop...

Smokin',
My son saved $240.00 on his Vinci over our local shop after the transfer fee was paid there and everything all totaled up. No, you don't pay sales tax if Bud's is out of state for you and shipping was free. Took about a week to make the deal and receive the shotgun at the local shop. We wanted to buy local, but our dealer just couldn't come even remotely close to the price and $240.00 isn't chump change to a young guy. Our dealer was glad to handle the transfer for us and told us that he handles quite a few transfers from Bud's. I would like to deal locally, but sometimes you just cannot make it happen.

Like GC said, "no sales tax if you live in a different state".
The transfer fee on their end is also untrue.
The transfer fee on your end is pretty standard (although prices in different ares vary greatly), and is understandable considering the cost to maintain an FFL.

I've bought a few rifles from Buds.
Good prices,,, slow shipping.
I didn't wait until I needed the gun tomorrow to order (not saying you did) so the few extra days wait wasn't a big deal for me.

Hopefully your gun will show up soon, and the excitement of a new firearm will ease some of the pain.
Luck

Originally Posted By: Jeff VFinally got the email that it shipped.

Good news! Enjoy your new gun...
smile.gif

I guess im just lucky to have a dealer close to home that does it part time inbetween doing body work on customers vehicles. He can usually come close to Buds price and have me the gun in two days. He has a very small selection in his shop due to not being a fulltime dealer but you tell him what you want and he goes and gets it. He makes a run once a week to his supplier so I have never had to wait more than 2 days for a gun. If I do ever buy a gun elsewhere, he does the transfer for free so thats a plus. He did tell me one time that Buds is the only place he charges a transfer fee for due to problems hes had from them in the past.

I feel sorry for all of you with the rude clueless gunshop worker's. My LGS is the best I've ever seen(lived in 3 states). I've checked Bud's 2-3 times, each time my LGS had lower price's, I only check one's that I looked at the price at my LGS in the last week or two.

You think the customer service sucks at buds, try going in the store! I've never been around such rude and lazy people in mu life. I'm glad my brother has his ffl's. Dealer cost plus tax and shipping only for me.

Originally Posted By: RePeteLike GC said, "no sales tax if you live in a different state".
The transfer fee on their end is also untrue.

Incorrect....i have seen on more then several occasions people charge transfer fees on their end....which i think is ridiculous...shipping should be only fee if your purchasing gun from them...but i have seen people charge for transfers like that...

The only time I ever ordered from bud's gun shop was my last. They had a security breach and someone got my credit card number. They sent me an e-mail saying my card information had been comprimised and sure enough I had $200 in unauthorized charges on my card. I understand that buying online has its own inherent risks, but for me it was a deal breaker. Never again.

I have read mixed things about Budsgunshop.com.

I have bought a few guns from Bud's. I get them in a week or so.

Yesterday at 11:30am, I ordered a glock 19 gen3. Well, it was shipped last night. I should have it tomorrow. They must be changing things at Bud's.

Buy all my guns from buds and sometimes ammo. ALways fine service. All the gun dealers are swamped with pistol sales so doesn't surprise me. Just try to be patient. Here in CA you learn to be patient because after all the shipping there is 10 days waiting period.

I hate local dealers. Sky high prices and flat out lousy service. Typically the guy behind the counter doesn't know squat and they often enjoy telling you the gun you own or the one you want is a POS. They flat out lie when they don't know the answer.

One guy tells me my g-20 is a horrible weapon and 10mm stupid as heck because at night I will be blinded by muzzle flash. No matter how many times I tell him a 9mm or 45 acp won't stop a bear and that is my only use for a handgun I still get the same old BS. I buy everything online. If my local gunshops go out of buisness they deserve it.

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660 I hate local dealers. Sky high prices and flat out lousy service. Typically the guy behind the counter doesn't know squat and they often enjoy telling you the gun you own or the one you want is a POS. They flat out lie when they don't know the answer.

I try to patronize the local guys , but most of them make very difficult for the reasons mentioned above. I buy more and more online too.

I have paid as much as $30-$40 more buying from the local dealer..I almost feel obligated to do some business there it`s a 15 mile trip as opposed to 60 miles to the big chain store. It`s nice to have a shop closer and he will order anything for me w/out ship charges if I wait for his orders.
Carries bullets n powders, large selection of ammo.

Have bought several firearms from buds. There my goto place for any firearm as their prices are usually pretty good. It just takes awhile for $$ to be credited to their acct before they ship. Shipment has been fast and I will continue to use them if things stay like they have been for the last 4-5yrs for me.

I guess its a blessing and a curse that Whittaker's is only a little over an hour away. I haven't seen anyplace online or otherwise that could touch their prices and I can drive up there and walk out with what I want because they have EVERYTHING (including way too much of my money).

Last edited:
I went to my favorite gunshop and asked to buy a new shotgun and because they have a gunsmith on site, if they would shorten the stock and throw in the labor. HE told me it would be cheaper for me to order the gun from Bud's as he couldn't touch Bud's prices. It ended up costing me less to buy the shotgun from Bud's have it shipped to the gunshop pay full price for the stock shortenning and pay the transfer than he could have gotten the same shotgun from his supplier. It worked for me and him.

We are blessed here in central Texas for sure. There are a several shops that have good to great gun folks that own or run them. Last week I decided I wanted a CZ in .222 Remington for my dad. I checked online and then made the 10 minute drive to the local Ace hardware store and my helpful Ace man said I don't have one but can get one by tomorrow and the price was about the same as online so my dad has a CZ .222 now and as soon as I finish playing with it he can have it.
tt2.gif

Back