BuckKicker choke tube

Here is my 75yrd #4 buck target I don't know how impresiv it is but I am confident that no coyote or fox would get up and away from it unless I was draging him lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
fcc13300.jpg

14 hits in a 10inch x10inch circle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I am happy with this .....all I know is I could not do this with any 12ga 2 3/4 ,3 or 3.5 load choke combination that I have tried or have seen but I just made a choke for a friend for turkey prize
shoots and he said he has doubled his hits and is now wining lots of turkeys as a matter of fact he is droping one off tomorrow that he wone
today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif .........Jonathan.......

Johathan,
I don't know much about this stuff, but that looks impressive!! I have an 870. Do you make one for it??

Rich,
Thanks for bringing this to the top. Now you have gone and REALLY done it! Now I have more questions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif What became of testing out that Briley that was supposed to be sent to you? Did you get a Buckkicker for your 870? If so what did you find out in both cases?

I have a like new 870 2 3/4"-3 1/2" I recently bought. I don't even know how to remove the stock the guy put on it. He replace the factory stock with the one on it now and it has like 10lbs of lead in it. Came with tru-glo's and a case. How can I tell what choke is in it? I shot it with 3" BB and 00 so far. But I don't know what to use for yotes. Lead copper etc?? Shot size?? Give me some input if you would???? Should I shot 3" or 3 1/2"?? If I were interested in buying a new choke would my best bet be to go with the Buckkicker?? Where is the cheapest place to buy the choke you recommend?? How about a shoulder strap for this gun? Any suggestion's on a decent one and where to buy??

Never been heavy into guns here. Own a 22 and owned a Auto 5 that I practically gave away a few years ago because I had not shot it in >10 years. I have lived for Archery and Bowhunting the last 15 years and its my passion. But now I am focusing my "dislike" for the yote into a new found passion!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm just tired of being awaken by them all summer long, finding yearings half eaten on my walking trails, hearing them into the poults, seeing more yote tracks on my property and the surrounding area that deer track,....and darn near having more yote sighting in the last year than deer!!! I was grilling out before dark a few weeks ago and one caught a rabbit across the road somewhere. What a ruckus!!! Guess that about sums it up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for your input guys!!

Twang,
The person who was going to send me the Briley choke never followed through with his offer. My Remington model 870 "Super magnum" shoots well with the extended turkey choke that came already installed on the gun. I like copper plated and buffered fodder such as Federal "premium" or winchester XX magnums. Shot sizes #2 birdshot, BB and #4 BUCK are my favorites for coyote. In my own testing, the results showed twelve gauge 2&3/4" magnums having about same sure kill range as 3&1/2" ten gauge. I am almost certain that the new Hevi-Shot fodder would give further sure kill range. I am also convinced that a man could improve his shotgun patterns by rolling his own fodder with premium stuff from folks like Ballistic products company offers. I have spoken to Mark Banser, who is well known for his shotgun expertise. His findings were same as mine concerning sure kill range in 12 vs ten gauge. The folks at Kicks choke tube company also advised me that there would be no increase in sure kill range using 3&1/2" fodder in a 12 gauge. Just more "fliers" from the pattern. Are you confused enough yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I need to remind readers that I am talking about shooting lead shot here. Steel shot is where the big ten gauge and 3&1/2" twelves really show their stuff.

Mr.Cronk

well Sir...I must disagree and the pics above
........well thay speek for them selves,I would think! I have spent many (hundereds of hours)
pateren testing with many diferent 12ga 2.5 2/34,3,3.5 as well as 10ga-20ga-28ga and the only
thing I can agree with is about 3"and 3.5" there
is no diference (enough to warent price increse)
BUT that is only true for steel shot...
not trying to start anything just ofering another oppion..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ...Jonathan.....

Well this looks like a great topic so I shall add a couple of notes from my testing of the PatternMaster tube.
I started with the 870, testing with Fed. 3" #4BK's and at 40 yards I got 32 pellets that hit the body of the computer drawing of a coyote (full size).
I then bought the same tube for my Bretta 303 and done the same testing. This time the tube placed 35 pellets into the body of the coyote.

So the Patternmaster seems to work good in these two guns.

coyote control
do you have a link to wher I can get that full
body coyote target? I would be real intrested
and will give results with the 10ga at various
ranges and shot sizes????

..........Jonathan.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rick Cronk

I would think so aswell but not alowed to use the 10ga in any of those games(rudolph the red noesed 10ga lol) ......(then one day along came a yote) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif oh well I will have to make one for my tac. mosberge ....won't thay be !@##$ when
I play those games with a 12ga ...at 18.5 "I will
get it shooting better than Vang comps ...for shure. Ps.is it just me or do the group's they show of realy suck?

....Jonathan....

Jonothan, If you go to as much work tuning your twelve as you did that ten gauge, you will be more than a little bit surprised at the results. The patterns will be just as tight and the kick will not be nearly so hurtful. And just think of all those trophies you could win. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

my friend and I talked about this today after the
third cotton tail was spotted making a brake for
it at about 60yards we looked at our chokesand then at each other and shurged and started planing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I know that you have a great deal of knoledge
about shotguns and i value your opinion so i have a question as to porting ...I know it can if
mad right:reduce recoil,barrel jump,stabelize
the wad and also help in early seperation.....
what I do not know is does it inherintly increse or decrese patteren density? :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif but then again
I am not selling these and I do not have the money to promote it to the proper byers who cares /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif .....I would love your opinion though?
thanks in advanced Jonathan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jonathan,
The conputer drawing that I have of the coyote was bought through the NRA many years ago, probably around 10 years or so.I bought 12 of them.
You could maybe write them or get on their site and see if they still carry them.

Jonathan,
My pea sized brain always keeps telling me that by the time the shot cup (or bullet in other cases) makes it down the barrel far enough to reach the ports, about 99 percent of the recoil has already taken place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know that this is not true, because I have read too many reports of reduced muzzel jump and reduced recoil. I have also read reports which say that porting causes increased muzzle blast. Effect of porting on shotgun pattern? I don't know for sure.

One of the effects of porting on a shot column is that the ports tend to retard the shot wad. This slowing of the wad keeps it from blowing through the rearend (!) of the shot column. By not disrupting the back of the column of shot, there are fewer fly away pellets. Those disturbed pellets careening around bumping into other pellets cause the shot pattern to disperse and become uneven in worst case scenarios. At best, there are simply more shot that stays undisturbed and online, contributing to the overall density of the pattern.

I have tried a fair amount of choke tubes, for turkey shoots and also turkey loads.I had an extra full brily I got from Cabela's, I sent it back it was not any better on the patterning board than my invector plus full. My friend has a patternmaster and had ok results with it. We both ordered chokes from george Trulock I got a .650 and a .660 the .660 is very good with turkey loads and number 4 buck the .650 is a winner every time I go to a turkey shoot.(around here it is 71/2 or 8 shot at 20 to 40 yards depending what shoot you go to. My friend has a berreta and got a .640 and .650 the .650 work just a little better for him he only does the turkey shoots.All 4 chokes shoot to the point of aim very well compared to the other we have tried. The prices are good so you can try one without breaking the bank. her is the link to his sight http://www.trulockchokes.com/home/ Good luck finding the right choke for your gun it can be costly and flusterating.

Back