BuckKicker choke tube

Shotgun,
I won't get in to an argument with you over this issue. I purchased all of the shotguns, choke tubes and ammo that I have tested. The honest results are shown here. I am quite sure that Predator Masters would like to see the results of your own testing if you feel so inclined.

Rich:

It wasn't intended to start or invoke an argument....It was intended to be semi humorous and I was typing while on a concall and didn't pay attention....I apologize for the way that it came across.
confused.gif

Yes, of course I would willingly supply the choke and bullets....I defer to you for the selection and testing, if you want to. This only made sense to me as you know the controlls and metrix of the experiment and having me do it would be a flawed and inconsistent model. I respectfully bow out, I was just looking for comparative results.
smile.gif

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
one shot~one kill

[This message has been edited by shotgun (edited 04-23-2001).]

Shotgun,
I sometimes get a little grouchy these days for some reason. Sorry about that. I guess the only true comparison would be for me to try a Briley on same shotgun that I tested the Hastings .655", the PatternMaster and the Kicks BuckKicker. My shotgun is a Browning BPS with standard invector or "winchoke" system. Shot size of choice is #4 Buck.

Rich:

WIth your permission, I will order one tomorrow - to be delivered to your house )I have the address from ordering my calls). What kind of bullets do you want? Federal, Remington? Let me know, I'll ship them to ya...and thanks for taking the time to do this, I personally appreciate it.
wink.gif

BTW-DId you every see Grouchy Old Men? Did you know that it was written and filmed in Minnesota? Do you know why - because we really are like that up here...too much cold and snow and leffsa and lutifisk and not enough Coyotes and etc...!

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
one shot~one kill

Shotgun,
Sure I will try a Briley tube, and will be glad to post the results right here on Predator Masters. My advise is to ask the folks at Briley which brand of fodder they recommend for their choke. Banser, and Pattern Master both recommend Federal "premium" shells. Be sure to tell them which gun I am using and that #4 Buck is my choice of shot size.
Sure I have seen "Grumpier old Men", I mean after all I am one of the REAL grumpy guys.
smile.gif

Well - How did the test turn out? I have a Pattern Master choke in my Browning 10ga and have been fairly happy with the patterns it throws but am always looking for something better. Its odd but Pattern Master only has one choke for the 10ga. I was assured that this was the only choke that I'd ever need, but I don't completely believe that. I didn't see what your results were with the PatternMAster. How unfavorably did it compare to the others?

Michael
Whow, was that post ever jumbled up, don't exactly know what happened
[This message has been edited by Michael J. McCasland (edited 08-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Michael J. McCasland (edited 08-09-2001).]

Michael,
I will see if I can find that thread and bring it to the top for you. If I remember correctly, the Pattern Master didn't pattern worth beans in my Browning. Now other folks are reporting better results and every gun is different so go figure.
smile.gif

what is the diameter of the buckkicker you are talking about I have a .665 choke I am going to use on turkey, Is it alright to use these tight chokes for large shot like the buck shots

[This message has been edited by howler (edited 01-27-2002).]

Howler,
My BuckKicker tube is not all that tight but I have shot #4 Buck thru .655" Hastings tube with fair results. Your .665" tube should pattern #4 Buck real well but the larger sizes of Buckshot may put too much pressure on your tube (meaning larger than #4 Buck).

thats what I have, a hastings, I have some OO buck, some left over bear medicine from a moose hunt, well maybe I'll try some #2 lead 3 inch

I purchased a patternmaster for my Remington 870 and it arrived last night. I am going to use this for mainly deer but want to hunt turkey, and coyotes. I went out today and did some patterning of different types of shot shells and brand names. I was shooting (8,7,6,4,00B 2 3/4) and (5 turkey 3.5"). I have never patterned a shotgun before, I was 40 yds away and shooting into plywood and using old christmas wrapping paper.
I was not impressed with the results of my PM choke. I don't know if I was doing something wrong but the results that ya'll are getting with other chokes and my results seem very different. My patterns were spread out and not dense in any area. Out of all the shells the buckshot seemed to pattern the best. I am going to try some other shells and differnt shot sizes and hopefully the PM will be as good as their website boasts.

P.S. The choke started backing out of the threads. At one point I was able to turn the choke w/ my hand and tighten it back up. Has anyone had any problems w/ this?
Sorry about the long post.

Newbie,

I've had similar results with buckshot with my PatternMaster tube. I bought it so I could shoot tight patterns with tungsten shot. It does group those better than my factory modified tube by quite a bit, but I haven't tried any other aftermarket tubes like Hastings or Briley.

Mine backs out of the threads as well. I don't really like that either, but I check it regularly when I'm using it so haven't had any trouble yet.

-dan

Newbie,
I had exactly same experience as you did and I have a pretty good thread about Patternmaster in this forum somewhere. I will see if I can find it and bring it to the top for ya.

Rich Cronk,
Can you shoot 3.5" 000 buck through your buckKicker tube? I want a tube that will pattern (big) buckshot the best and also be used for turkey hunting. I will give patternmaster one more try, and if it fails I will give buckKicker a try. Thanks for all your help.

Newbie,
My Browning is not chambered for 3&12" shells, but my Remington 870 "Super magnum" is. When you call the folks at Kicks, be sure to tell them which shotgun you have and what size shot you want to use. I don't have a Kicks tube for my Remington yet, but plan to fix that problem very soon.
smile.gif
In my opinion, the 3&1/2" shells are built for shooting large charges of steel shot at geese and such. When shooting lead shot, there is no advantage to shooting anything bigger than 3" fodder. You will only get more fliers in your pattern and sure kill range will not increase with the big mule kickers when using lead shot.

Back