Bobcat kill in central TX

Quote:
lol maybe.... I shouldnt have said that, I would hate to start an uproar over me being careless / irresponsible even though I personally dont see a problem with it so long as the drinking is in Moderation.

I think everybody will understand. Don't worry about it. You're probably not the only one either! Haha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

AZ- haha yeah I bet Im not the only one

$400 ?? I know I screwed up, but didnt know that was the going rate for a nice cat. =\ wow, that wouldve paid for that FX3 in full... Almost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

"Bobcat pelts now draw some of the highest prices among trapped furs, recently commanding as much as $550 for a single hide. As the price has gone up, the number of bobcat skins exported by the U.S. has nearly tripled in five years, to 49,700 in 2006." -->

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090612/ap_on_re_us/us_bobcat_trapping

Per NAFA March 2008 Wild Fur Sale:

Bobcat Average$
Western $449
Canadian West 264
Canadian East 195
North Central 122
Northern 88

Yes those are impressive numbers but they are for northern cats. I have sold dozens of cats over the years and they just don't bring anywhere near that price here.The fur market this year really tanked and the buyers were paying alot less than in previous years.I know several people in Texas that sold fur this year and the prices were way down. Bobcats were selling for $15-$50 on average.Not trying to argue with anyone but don't want people being misled into thinking a summer time bobcat in south Texas will bring $400 plus dollars. It won't happen.

Scott

Western Oregon Bobcat brought an average $118.72 in 2008, and only $48.90 in 2009.

Eastern Oregon bobcat brought an average of $579.05 in 2008, no numbers for 2009, and brought a high of $1026 in 2008

thanks for the link Motox, sure does look a lot like mine I would have to agree.

Yeah I figured 400$ would be pretty steep, especially for a summertime coat. oh well, I guess I'll just have to get another /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

thanks,

Butch

Thanks, I agree that the video does it more justice than just pics.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: hm1996That is a beautiful cat. His spots look almost like an ocelot.

Regards,
hm

First thing that came to mind when I saw the pic, almost like an ocelot..

-Juanjo

Back