Birth of the next production howler (pics)

Originally Posted By: donlynchTony, would you mind telling us how the reed is held in place?is it just the rubber band or does it fit into the call itself. i worry about losing it.
don
You can see in the pictures that the reed is held on with the rubber band. I have several of Tony's calls and losing the reeds is not a concern. I will be getting one of theses as soon as they are available!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rynokronOriginally Posted By: donlynchTony, would you mind telling us how the reed is held in place?is it just the rubber band or does it fit into the call itself. i worry about losing it.
don
You can see in the pictures theat the reed is held on with the rubber band. I have several of Tony's calls and losing the reeds is not a concern. I will be getting one of theses as soon as they are available!

I'll second that. Falling apart or breaking is the last of your worries with one of Tony's calls.

What you can't see is the ring, or notch that's carved into the area at the base of the toneboard. It retains the calf band which, in turn, combines with the shape and size of the toneboard itself to keep the whole works solidly in place.

Across the board, Tony's production line is dead-solid reliable, good sounding, and easy to use. I need one of these, too.

Al, this howler is LOUD....DANG LOUD!
grin.gif
I have to put my hand over the end of it to use it on my normal day stands.

The reed is held in place by the band. Deep grooves and solid back bend of the reed is what I use. I've been using the same reed hold design for all my custom and production calls for the past 15 years or so. Easy to make adjustments and/or change a reed in the field...no tools required and nothing to lose.

I just ordered a dozen of these from the molding company, yesterday. Hope to have them in hand in a week or two.

Thanks all...

Tony

I appreciate it Dan. Hard to keep track of requests, so I'll probably do a pre-order sale, like I've done in the past with new calls and dvds. Will make a new post for it, tomorrow or the next day.

Gunner pups have been going out the door, faster than he can produce them. He covered Annie "Coyote Freak" again, about a month ago. Should have pups in another month or so from her. Those two make gorgeous litters, that do well. I have a mess of pups here, that I'm working with, but none are from Gunner.

Thanks...Tony

Tony and the rest of you guys, thank you very much for the info on the reed. that's all i wanted to know. you can't beat satisfied customers. that goes to show, make a quality product and your customers sell it for you. way to go guys.
don

I received the howler today and to my surprise I was lucky enough to receive the prototype! Nice looking call that is definately loud and crisp. Great call Tony! thanks.

Glad you like it. I get alot of paypal orders from non-PM members, so I was hoping the prototype was going to a PM member. Otherwise, they'd think "What the heck does Proto 2012" mean??? Hahaha.

Thanks...Tony

Back