Birth of the next production howler (pics)

TonyTebbe

I don't know how often yall get over into the Handcalls or Custom Calls forums, so I thought I'd post this here. There is always something involved with coyotes, here at my house. If I'm not killing them, I'm working on items that will help you to.
smile.gif

This is the birth of a new PRODUCTION coyote howler. I did this in the past with my Cyanide Sheila howler, a few years ago. It starts out as one of my custom one-piece cow horn howlers. A bunch of time, passion, and elbow grease goes into making a one-piece, indestructible tool. After hours of fine tuning and field testing, it'll be sent off the molding company for duplication. Each will be an exact replica of the master. This is how I make my entire line of production calls.

Before:
prdhwlr1.jpg

During:
prdhwlr2.jpg

After:
prdhwlr3.jpg

prdhwlr4.jpg

prdhwlr5.jpg

Hopefully, I will have them available in a 3-4 weeks, at a fraction of the cost of custom original.

Thought I'd share.

Tony

I've just started learning how to howl, but don't yet have a dedicated howler. How easy do you think that howler will be for a newbie to use? I currently use your TT Extreme and it's user friendly.

tt1.gif
Just when I told my wife I don't need to buy anything else to hunt with you go and do this?

I'll be getting one. Tony's calls are awesome!

Last edited:
Cool time lapse pics, there's a lot of work that goes into sanding and fine tuning those cow horn howlers...I'll be interested to see what the sound difference is with the cow horn howler v/s the plastic howlers.

Originally Posted By: jasonpredhunterCool time lapse pics, there's a lot of work that goes into sanding and fine tuning those cow horn howlers...I'll be interested to see what the sound difference is with the cow horn howler v/s the plastic howlers.

The pitch will slightly raise with the resin version of this howler, as there is zero sound absorption in the resin. I engineered that into this master howler, by going slightly deeper on the base tones, than I normally do. Hopefully, they'll be spot on.

Thanks for the fine comments guys. The amount of customs coming out of my shop has been greatly reduced over the past few years, due to my schedule. Hoping to continue producing custom quality, semi-production calls for yall.

Appreciate yall.

Tony

Tony im a machinist so I know how it is to take a ugly lump of something and turn it into a nice shinny functionable tool.
It takes a lot of skill and dedication to make things of beauty like your howler and calls.

That's a sweet idea Tony
thumbup1.gif
! About how much will they be; give or take? If the ones they make meet your approval; I might have to get one.

Merry Christmas,

Arden

Arden,

They should be in the 25ish dollar range, like the other production howlers I've offered in the past.

Appreciate the fine comments Carsonwild.

Thanks...Tony

I'll be waiting for mine in the mail so that I can make sure that it's good enuff to put on my lanyard......lol.

If that howler is anywhere near as good as them other ones that I got from you, everybody's gonna be speaking coyote not just me.

Looks like a fine call.

I was hunting the last couple of days with your TT extreme and the knowledge of having watched your "so, you want to be a predator caller". I could do ok with the distress calls on it but was thinking I need to get a howler from you! I need to practice on the extreme and I could make some pup in distress calls. I was very impressed with your video. How to work the wind, stand choices, placement of my e-call, decoy dogs, It was the most informative coyote hunting DVD I have purchased. Gunner really gets after those yotes too! I will be purchasing this call, and a few more from you in the future! Thanks a bunch!

Looks good Tony. how long did you test it out? And looks like a lot of work. What is the sound range, can it pick up coyote at 2-3 miles away?

Back