BEST SHOT YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: Vect0rstarNobody said it was shot at night using thermal. Could've easily been shot during the day and recorded with thermal.

Personally? I am gonna have to call BS unless proven otherwise.

350+ yards is a poke day or night........

Too many unanswered questions and the OP has gone silent.

I am sure he is still looking for it?

Seriously?!? 350 is a poke day or night? If you struggle to hit a 2 moa target at 350 I can see why you dont believe the video.

So am I right in that you had to guess hold over? That scope does not allow one to dial up with turrets, correct? For anyone to guess the correct hold over at that range is, well, not hardly believable.

That it was just a wild azz guess on hold over, that's where it becomes unbelievable to me. I'd wager that it was a dang lucky hit at best. And just because a coyote was hit is far from meaning it died.

I have a guy that I hunt with every now and then that is just like this. By golly if he can see a coyote, he's flinging lead. Gets lucky every now and then too. But for some reason he doesn't talk about the misses very often, only the lucky hits.

Originally Posted By: songdogSo am I right in that you had to guess hold over? That scope does not allow one to dial up with turrets, correct? For anyone to guess the correct hold over at that range is, well, not hardly believable.

That it was just a wild azz guess on hold over, that's where it becomes unbelievable to me. I'd wager that it was a dang lucky hit at best. And just because a coyote was hit is far from meaning it died.

I have a guy that I hunt with every now and then that is just like this. By golly if he can see a coyote, he's flinging lead. Gets lucky every now and then too. But for some reason he doesn't talk about the misses very often, only the lucky hits.

Not a guess at all, halo lr has a mil reticle at 2x, i have a rangefinder, a chronongraph, a kestrel, the home screen on my phone has holdovers out to 1000 yards, and i practice at distance. I posted the video because being able to kill a coyote at that distance at night is pretty cool. Never said i havnt missed, if you hunt anything enough you will miss. Shot around 100 coyotes with this setup, missed at 500 yards and at 200 yards, and many times at runners.

Maybe some of you guys could learn something if you asked questions instead of calling me a liar/ lucky bastard.

I have nothing to sell and do not give a f if you believe the video or not, but i do not like being called a liar.

Have a nice day,

no one called you a liar. Just several that are very skeptical.

I will remain skeptical even with the known info of having a mil reticle at 2x. Shooting a coyote at 880 yards with 2x is a lucky shot from anything other than a bench rest. No way around it.

Originally Posted By: Fur On The GroundOriginally Posted By: songdogSo am I right in that you had to guess hold over? That scope does not allow one to dial up with turrets, correct? For anyone to guess the correct hold over at that range is, well, not hardly believable.

Not a guess at all, halo lr has a mil reticle at 2x, i have a rangefinder, a chronongraph, a kestrel, the home screen on my phone has holdovers out to 1000 yards, and i practice at distance. I posted the video because being able to kill a coyote at that distance at night is pretty cool. Never said i havnt missed, if you hunt anything enough you will miss. Shot around 100 coyotes with this setup, missed at 500 yards and at 200 yards, and many times at runners.

Maybe some of you guys could learn something if you asked questions instead of calling me a liar/ lucky bastard.

I have nothing to sell and do not give a f if you believe the video or not, but i do not like being called a liar.

Have a nice day,

Um FOTG,

Most people on here usually don’t just post a link and then name it Thermal Coyote Kill at 880 yards, then go silent.
Information included with the original post would have kept the Skeptical Hippos away!

Thanks for coming back on and clarifying some of the info we were seeking, now, in all seriousness? I am Still a very Skeptical Hippo!

PS - 98% of my day and night shots are not from a bench with sandbags, Kestrel, Chronograph, most of us use homemade shooting sticks and are in a sitting position.

“Most of us use homemade shooting sticks” 😂😂😂 get out of here with that crap, tripods are pretty cheap and most people I hunt with use them. Definitely not saying using homemade shooting sticks is bad if that what works for you, kill em however you want. For me, at night, i stand up with a tripod. Or apparently carry a shooting bench and sandbags around. 👍.

Good shooting man. Don’t let the negative comments get you down. The bullet has to land somewhere and with enough practice you can make it land where you want further and further out. Now if you want to prove your point get some more videos of you poking holes in them at longer distances and at some point they will have to admit it ain’t luck

Originally Posted By: reaper4Good shooting man. Don’t let the negative comments get you down. The bullet has to land somewhere and with enough practice you can make it land where you want further and further out. Now if you want to prove your point get some more videos of you poking holes in them at longer distances and at some point they will have to admit it ain’t luck

Thanks Jeremy, I appreciate that.

When I went hunting in the endless plain of Romania, roe deer could be seen, obviously during the day, at 800 meters (880 yards) measured with the rangefinder and often did not come closer. So in most cases, I didn't shoot because the 308 W caliber wasn't suitable for those ranges. I have asked myself many times ... which was the most suitable caliber to shoot at those distances, bearing in mind that there was always a continuous and annoying wind. Some recommended the 300 W.M. caliber, others the 30-378 Weatherby Magnum, and still others the 6.5x55. They even recommended the 338 Lapua to me! But I still haven't figured out which caliber is the best .... I don't just reload and use only commercial cartridges.

Originally Posted By: Ernest49When I went hunting in the endless plain of Romania, roe deer could be seen, obviously during the day, at 800 meters (880 yards) measured with the rangefinder and often did not come closer. So in most cases, I didn't shoot because the 308 W caliber wasn't suitable for those ranges. I have asked myself many times ... which was the most suitable caliber to shoot at those distances, bearing in mind that there was always a continuous and annoying wind. Some recommended the 300 W.M. caliber, others the 30-378 Weatherby Magnum, and still others the 6.5x55. They even recommended the 338 Lapua to me! But I still haven't figured out which caliber is the best .... I don't just reload and use only commercial cartridges.

300 win mag if you dont reload seems logical

I have little experience with thermal but not a ton. I was curious if the video was shot with the shooters optic or someone else as the cross hair was in the middle of the screen and the coyote was upper left.

I have seen a lot of you tube thermal hunting and sometimes there are multiple shooters with multiple recording so I wondered if it was that, or a Windage and elevation dope. I didn’t know thermal scopes had that capability. I hope to get a thermal sometime soon.

Just for a second, imagine a 1/2 mile shot during the day, and then 1/2 mile in complete darkness.

Thermal makes everything look further away than it is.

880 yards x 3’ per yard, 2640’, 5280’ in a mile. Surprisingly the shot was 880 yards which is exactly 1/2 mile. Coincidence??

Can it be done? I am sure it is not impossible. What say you night hunters or even day hunters ?

I know Kirsch make some pretty decent shots at night, 1/2 mile??

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerI have little experience with thermal but not a ton. I was curious if the video was shot with the shooters optic or someone else as the cross hair was in the middle of the screen and the coyote was upper left.

I have seen a lot of you tube thermal hunting and sometimes there are multiple shooters with multiple recording so I wondered if it was that, or a Windage and elevation dope. I didn’t know thermal scopes had that capability. I hope to get a thermal sometime soon.

The scope that was recording was on another rifle

Mr. Poppadopalis said:
Just for a second, imagine a 1/2 mile shot during the day, and then 1/2 mile in complete darkness.

Thermal makes everything look further away than it is.

880 yards x 3’ per yard, 2640’, 5280’ in a mile. Surprisingly the shot was 880 yards which is exactly 1/2 mile. Coincidence??

I ranged the coyote at 878 yards, matt, one of the other hunters that witnessed it and the one who recorded it and put it on his YouTube channel called it 880. So what? Do you think my friend doctored the video to make me look good? Do you think he lied about the shot that he witnessed to impress his 6 youtube subscribers? SLOW DOWN THE VIDEO, I hit it, its really not up for debate.

It was an awesome ***** shot, deal with it.

Last edited:
Back