Bering Optics Phenom: 12 µm 640 Scanner

Originally Posted By: buba52shad my phenom turn of in the cold is any one haveing the same problem Is it turning off or is hibernating? The Phenoms have an auto-hibernate setting in the firmware. This hibernates the Phenom around 10-15 minutes if nothing else has happened to the thermal. You can simply press the Power button with a quick tap, and the screen turns back on. Many people believe the power is off, and it is not.

Bering will most likely add a setting in the future to stop this from happening but in the meantime, if you go into the Main Menu (middle button hold down) you will see an option for Video Out. Turn this on. With the scope thinking it needs to send Video Out, it will not automatically go into hibernation. If this setting is on, when you power down the scope, this setting will save, and you will not have this happen. I have had this also happen with gloves on that I have hit the Hibernate button by accident and turned the screen off.

I have used it 2 separate times around 0° and it has worked fine. I wouldn't leave it out in the cold for long periods at below zero temps but on a coyote stand, it should be fine.

Back