Bell and Carlson or HS Precision??

popcorn.gif

Sully,

Here are some better (but still not good) pics of the rifles. I'm posting these two stock as they are very similar & about what you are looking for (i think). I zoomed in so you can see the "black web" on the HS. You'll have to excuse the scuffs & dings as this one has been much used. This is an aftermarket HS (actually says HS on the pad). I don't remember the web being anymore pronounce (even when it was new). But I guess it could have worn through the years???

2011-06-08_22-47-15_577.jpg

2011-06-08_22-47-28_893.jpg

2011-06-08_22-52-32_74.jpg

100_1539.jpg

I have had several HS's & a couple B&C. I still have a few HS but only have one B&C currently. It is a "Rem TI" lightweight stock. It's a pretty decent stock. Kinda bulky around the grip & not as stiff as any my HS of the same size. Once, I had two identical "VS style" stocks at one time (HS & BC). The HS was hands down stiffer.

McMillians are nice but it is hard to spend as much as an entire rifle costs, on just a stock. For the value I think the HS is were its at (especially if you can catch them on sale at Midway). Were I see a Micky being good is when you start looking at options. Adding hardware & specialty peices the McM becomes a much more value.

I personally really like the "swirl" look. THe yellow black is my favorite one I have. I can post some others but if you not like this one you really wont like the others. All personal pref. Nut'n wrong with that (as long as your not making up excuses to hate 'em
sneaky2.gif

You do realize the Mcm does have standard style camo also? Looks really good. It's not all swirls & blends...

Personally, if you can live with a laminate that's not a bad option. I'm sure it would be a good stock. The reason I like fiberglass synthetics (other than scratches & stiffness) is that when wood gets wet it swells & warps. That doesn't help accraccy.

Originally Posted By: coleridgeSully,

Here are some better (but still not good) pics of the rifles. I'm posting these two stock as they are very similar & about what you are looking for (i think). I zoomed in so you can see the "black web" on the HS. You'll have to excuse the scuffs & dings as this one has been much used. This is an aftermarket HS (actually says HS on the pad). I don't remember the web being anymore pronounce (even when it was new). But I guess it could have worn through the years???

2011-06-08_22-47-15_577.jpg

2011-06-08_22-47-28_893.jpg

Personally, if you can live with a laminate that's not a bad option. I'm sure it would be a good stock. The reason I like fiberglass synthetics (other than scratches & stiffness) is that when wood gets wet it swells & warps. That doesn't help accraccy.

MUCHO better pics! And thats the sort of thing I PREFER ( or the green w/blk...or tan w/blk)

I can easily live with laminated wood. The plastic finish they use is great and the epoxy holding them together is waterproof for sure. Besides..I dont worry about the stock getting wet...because that would mean "I'M GETTING WET"....and if I wanted that to happen Id stay at hole in the shower.
grin.gif

You mean wet like this

Left.jpg

It had been raining HARD that evening. When it slacked up it started freezing. You can see the freezing rain sticking to the trees. I've killed some good ones in the rain! Little bit of water aint gonna stop me long as I've got time off work. Didn't bother that McM stock one bit either
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeHow many deer down that lane ,2 ?

I see what you are looking at, but actually they were none at the time (that I noticed anyway
confused.gif
). I just had that pic on my cell phone as a reply to a buddy had texted me asking were I was hunting that eve. However, later that same evening the lane filled up with deer. 12 if I remember correctly. I have ALWAYS had luck in the rain. Especially if it slacks up a little at just the right time
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: coleridgeOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeHow many deer down that lane ,2 ?

I see what you are looking at, but actually they were none at the time (that I noticed anyway
confused.gif
). I just had that pic on my cell phone as a reply to a buddy had texted me asking were I was hunting that eve. However, later that same evening the lane filled up with deer. 12 if I remember correctly. I have ALWAYS had luck in the rain. Especially if it slacks up a little at just the right time
thumbup.gif

How many prairie dogs or groundhogs are there!! Im not making a deer rifle...nor one good for anything from the sand of Iraq to the swamps of New Guinea

Originally Posted By: sully2Is one any better in real life than the other? If so how??

Thanks

Originally Posted By: sully2How many prairie dogs or groundhogs are there!! Im not making a deer rifle...nor one good for anything from the sand of Iraq to the swamps of New Guinea

Originally Posted By: sully2And this is beginning to get WAYY off thread.....

Well chit Sulley... I thought we were talking about rifle stocks? Isn't that the OP?

You seem to be the one steering the post. I mean we went from HS vs B&C to you getting a wood stock. And BTW... where in the post did you say you were building a dedicated groundhog/p-dog rifle??? I guess someone should have asked you "what do you intend to do with the rifle"??? We just had to assume from the other of your many posts, you were looking at lighter "woods walking" stocks. That's what these are. Plus I can bring either one of these rifles & kill every groundhog you can get to stand still for me (that makes 'em GH rifles 'eeh). I really tried to give you some helpful information about something you obviously know nothing about!

Please enlighten us great one. What specific answers are you looking to get out of this vague question.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: Tim Neitzke
IMG_0306.jpg

WATCH OUT TIM! Theres a bear!!!

Whooo, saved your life
grin.gif

Chupa

LOL !

Thanks Jay !!
thumbup1.gif

Back