Bell and Carlson or HS Precision??

I tried a B&C stock & gave it away. Was not rigid/stiff enough for my taste. I own 2 HSP stocks one on a 22-250 heavy varmint rifle with palm swell & one on a Rem700 ADL 30-06 sporter weight rifle, no palm swell. I'm very happy with both rifles.

HS

After I tried a friends HS stock with the palm swell I started looking at the HS line. If I'm correct most have the swell which to me feels like gripping a small tree.

At that point I ordered a B&C Medalist. Nice stock, took 5 minutest to install and it has worked great for me.

HS? No thanks, come back when you start making stocks without the palm swell.

Originally Posted By: joedHS? No thanks, come back when you start making stocks without the palm swell.

They make stocks without the swell, have been for years.

LOOKING AT THE PICS...it appears the varmint model definately DOES have a palm swell..but the one I want which is the "Pro Series Sporter" does NOT have a swell..

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeWhile I've had both palm swell and non swell, I prefer non .

I've yet to find a B&C I like.

My choice at the moment is McMillan.

But for $520 each...they can keep then as far as Im concerned

Last edited:
sully2, I don't think you'd regret the B&C, I have one and like it. My advice is buy it through Midway or someone that has it in stock.

When I ordered the B&C in Nov last year I was told 2 weeks. It came Xmas eve. If you don't want to wait 8 weeks choose someone that stocks them.

HS also has a catalog online that tells you if the stock has the palm swell. This is my only complaint with HS. They look well made but I don't have gorilla hands.

Originally Posted By: joedsully2, I don't think you'd regret the B&C, I have one and like it. My advice is buy it through Midway or someone that has it in stock.

When I ordered the B&C in Nov last year I was told 2 weeks. It came Xmas eve. If you don't want to wait 8 weeks choose someone that stocks them.

HS also has a catalog online that tells you if the stock has the palm swell. This is my only complaint with HS. They look well made but I don't have gorilla hands.

I was told today that HS had the much better stocks and that the owner of them was the biggest A**Hole known to mankind..??? The man thta told me could care less what stock I buy...he's building the other parts for me

I could be wrong (and probably am), but I think most of the H-S Varmint stocks don't have a palm swell and the Tactical (like the PSS and LTR) do. A good place for a Micky stock is the ones listed as Specials. Click on that and look around, prices are quite abit cheaper. JMO

Originally Posted By: sully2Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeWhile I've had both palm swell and non swell, I prefer non .

$300-400 for a barrel, what's another $500 for a stock ?

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: sully2Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeWhile I've had both palm swell and non swell, I prefer non .

$300-400 for a barrel, what's another $500 for a stock ?

I can buy a really good stock for less $.....cant get a really good barrel for less...already priced every brand made that posts on the internet!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogI could be wrong (and probably am), but I think most of the H-S Varmint stocks don't have a palm swell and the Tactical (like the PSS and LTR) do. A good place for a Micky stock is the ones listed as Specials. Click on that and look around, prices are quite abit cheaper. JMO

Stocky's shows pics of those and you can see the swell in the upside down views and it appears you are 100% correct.

Originally Posted By: sully2Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeWhile I've had both palm swell and non swell, I prefer non .

No, actually they can't keep them. There's usually a 3 month wait to get one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: sully2Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeWhile I've had both palm swell and non swell, I prefer non .

No, actually they can't keep them. There's usually a 3 month wait to get one.

Another good reason why I'd pass them bye. On top of that...I dont care for the colors they have either and their CAMO jobs make me ill feeling. I prefer a grey or tan base coat with black webs. ( Remember my thread about how does one do webs on a stock.....:)

Originally Posted By: sully2 I dont care for the colors they have either and their CAMO jobs make me ill feeling. I prefer a grey or tan base coat with black webs.

Now sully!!! You gonna hurt my feelings
cry.gif

No way this (grey w black web HS-Precision NO PALM SWELL)
1116090822a.jpg

Is better than this...
(black & yellow Micky)
DSCN2028.jpg

Hard to answer when not comparing specific models, as they both make a lot of them.

I've owned at least a half dozen of each. For standard hunting rifles, I've come to prefer the B&C grip to the H-S on most rifles.

The H-S may be a tad better put together, but for a hunting rifle, not an issue IMO.....

here is an ltr stock on an sps tactical this stock has no palm swell and a shorter narrower forend for shorter barreled rifles.
223spstactical2.jpg

Originally Posted By: coleridgeOriginally Posted By: sully2 I dont care for the colors they have either and their CAMO jobs make me ill feeling. I prefer a grey or tan base coat with black webs.

Now sully!!! You gonna hurt my feelings
cry.gif

Nope...dont care for either of those stock colors

Originally Posted By: sully2

I prefer a grey or tan base coat with black webs. ( Remember my thread about how does one do webs on a stock.....:)

Dude.... you need to take your medicine again. That is GREY BASE COAT WITH BLACK WEBS!!!! You really are a *******...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: coleridgeOriginally Posted By: sully2

I prefer a grey or tan base coat with black webs. ( Remember my thread about how does one do webs on a stock.....:)

Dude.... you need to take your medicine again. That is GREY BASE COAT WITH BLACK WEBS!!!! You really are a *******...

If it does it sure isnt apparent.!

2950Colors.jpg

see THAT grey with black web?? Or the green...or the Tan..?

Last edited:
Back