Baiting

Spot, check the menu on your thermal, should have defective pixel repair in there. I can't remember what you are shooting, but should have something of that nature. May not need to send in.

Spot, I’m not far behind you on wrapping it up for the season. Two or three more weeks left for me, so one better hurry up if he wants shot this season. Lol.

Running 10 bait sites sounds like a full time job. I keep saying I want to build a mobile hunting shed so I can move to other properties, but funds haven’t allowed it just yet. It’s nice to think about anyway.

A little luck last night about 9:30. Little female came into the 170 yd site. Same 22-250, 50gr NBT.
However, I manually activated my video this time for a bit longer video than the shot activated gives me. For some reason the video showed up black and would not play back. I have used this method many times with no issue. I checked it again in the house later, and it took video fine...weird. So, pics only this trip. # 6 I guess for this slow, off year. I'll take it.
20240309_222423.jpg

Spot, I’m not far behind you on wrapping it up for the season. Two or three more weeks left for me, so one better hurry up if he wants shot this season. Lol.

Running 10 bait sites sounds like a full time job. I keep saying I want to build a mobile hunting shed so I can move to other properties, but funds haven’t allowed it just yet. It’s nice to think about anyway.
I got some mini bait sites with cameras going to locate coyotes/bobcats. So far I called over 1 site and had a skunk come in. Funny enough he went right past the bait and right to the e-caller. Lot's of work for a skunk! This skunk was way out of their normal range, way up in the Cascade Mountains.

Beeper (alarm) went off at 2:30 too but I couldn’t see anything,
At 4:20 the beeper went off again I figured it was a coon but it was a coyote. Took a price of the beef fat and went about 35 yds to the left and was eating it when I shot. DRT
For over a month the beeper would go off randomly but I never saw anything. Since the bait is no longer froze the coyote would grab a piece and run. This time it didn’t run quite far enough. Pics coming after daylight

Lake and beach house?

Do you need someone to inherit all of that?
Lake house and a house on the ocean where I live now. I have a feild that’s 100yds from my house to the ocean. When I was behind the feild duck hunting last fall I was seeing coyote tracks in the snow every day on the shoreline. So I set up a bait station with an alarm. Worked out well.

Good job, Scalloper. I would not have thought about coyotes being on a beach like that.

I mainly use small 1” to 2” pieces of bait scattered about. That keeps their nose to the ground searching for the next tidbit. When we have snow I have found that a carcass staked down works really well and brings returns.

Nice little surprise last night about 10:20 pm. 130 yd alarm goes off, I check things with my thermal scanner, nice, a coyote. This was my .223 LTR, 60 gr vmax, and my Rattler 35-384. Great performance from the 60 gr vmax. I was playing with the zoom for this shot. I'm quite zoom shy with these thermals, but coming around.

Back