Baiting

Way to stay after em everybody. Congrats on the kills!!! I'm done for the season I think, all of the little critters make it impossible to keep my sensors on.

Originally Posted By: baitpileWay to stay after em everybody. Congrats on the kills!!! I'm done for the season I think, all of the little critters make it impossible to keep my sensors on.

I seem to remember someone else saying this about a month and half ago...
grin.gif
Don't haul those bones away just yet...

Last edited:
Picked up another male just after 10 tonight. There was a pair out mousing in pasture. Spined him so had to finish him when I got out there. 204 again with 40 nbt

[img:left][/img]

Originally Posted By: tj66Originally Posted By: baitpileWay to stay after em everybody. Congrats on the kills!!! I'm done for the season I think, all of the little critters make it impossible to keep my sensors on.

I seem to remember someone else saying this about a month and half ago...
grin.gif
Don't haul those bones away just yet...
Lol!!! Yep, just never know when the action is going to pick up. My bone piles will be around for a long while yet.

Yeah, nice work everybody. Good to see some more coyote action. I haven’t seen one since March 21 when I killed the last one.

Recently I stayed at the shack again, not for coyotes but thinking about a black skunk that has been a regular. He didn’t show. The stay was not in vain, though since I enjoy the time down there. Had Beefaroni for supper, hot coffee and some snacks, then topped it off with an hour long wild boar hunting video. I won’t be staying at the shack once the weather heats up, so I’m trying to get a few more nights in before it comes to an end for the summer.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Yeah, nice work everybody. Good to see some more coyote action. I haven’t seen one since March 21 when I killed the last one.

Recently I stayed at the shack again, not for coyotes but thinking about a black skunk that has been a regular. He didn’t show. The stay was not in vain, though since I enjoy the time down there. Had Beefaroni for supper, hot coffee and some snacks, then topped it off with an hour long wild boar hunting video. I won’t be staying at the shack once the weather heats up, so I’m trying to get a few more nights in before it comes to an end for the summer.

It's never a waste of time to get away from it all and take in all the quiet. Sounds like a great way to spend a night

While I don't say so often enough, good job guys, keep it up.

I do enjoy reading about it, and am slightly jealous that I don't have the ability to set up and monitor a bait site 24/7 living in town.

So I'm living vicariously through you that can and do.

Another black one has shown up. I really hate to waste a black one as I would want either a good mount or a nice hide for display. I also know there is no guarantee he would be around come fall either. I know it's really late in the season to expect much from a hide, not that SC hides are pristine anyway. To me, his tail looks pretty thin in this pic. What do ya'll think?

2UO8A3l.jpg

I'd hold off until fall and take your chances. The tail is a good indicator of his pelt quality.

You might have a great mount in the fall. Shoot him now and you know it's marginal to terrible.

Originally Posted By: SoftpointI'd hold off until fall and take your chances. The tail is a good indicator of his pelt quality.

You might have a great mount in the fall. Shoot him now and you know it's marginal to terrible.
Yep, that’s my thoughts too. Personally I would risk it and wait to fall. Would be ashamed to waste a black one.

By the way, I stayed at the shack again night before last. Was able to take care of three pests - the black skunk that I have been after, and two possums. They dropped quick from the 6mm Rem. and 55 Blitz Kings.

Just a slight odor, not bad. I shot one a few years ago that covered my trail camera and sensor. I have since learned to wait for the business end to be pointed in the right direction before squeezing the trigger.

Back