AVAILABLE Blades... From RainShadow Custom Knives!

Got these three all finished out today. All three for hunting-washington members... Blade "J" and Blade "R" are here, the damascus was a complete one-off, ground up, custom order...

DSC06597.jpg

Top is a Black Micarta gripped ATS34 Stainless Bird/Trout/Boning knife. Killbilly, Robodad, and I were at my dining table looking at a heavily modified, kinda shabby Case knife I sheathed for a friend of Robodad. We thought it was a neat idea, so I built one, and Killbilly just had to have it!

DSC06600.jpg

DSC06604.jpg

Middle is Teacherman's knife... Finally!!! Frank Isom damascus billet, ground by me, gripped with Moose antler and Amboyna burl, pinned with brass, and inscribed with the date of build, the birthday boy's initials, and black bear tracks. All CA stabilized. Came out really nice. What a sweet handling knife!

DSC06599.jpg

DSC06603.jpg

Bottom is Craig's three finger caping skinner. ATS34 and Jerusalem Olive Wood. Sweet little worker. It's a slight modification of my #1 knife. Sorry it took so long Craig! (The wood actually came from Israel! I thought it was in a warehouse here, but it came from the desert!)

DSC06598.jpg

DSC06601.jpg

Again, sorry for the delay, guys! I'm back in the saddle now!

Thanks Jim! I've got your blade set aside, but haven't got to it yet. Check out the Buffalo Skinner in a thread I'm posting up now, I'm thinking of using that rubber for part of it... soemthing new, I'll practice on you!

Here's a LOT of 6 Frank Isom Damascus Blades.

They've all got welded mild steel tangs, ground, tapered, and then heat treated for hardening and temper. Isom damascus is some of the most beautiful steel I've ever dealt with. These will be awesome knives...

DSC06736.jpg

DSC06742.jpg

DSC06741.jpg

DSC06740.jpg

DSC06739.jpg

DSC06738.jpg

DSC06737.jpg

Sorry for the low quality, dining room table pics... but they're good enough to get the idea.

Let me know if you want to have a project built up on one of these!!!

Thanks guys!

Somehow the new software dredged up every PM I've ever had and put it back in my box!!! Says there's 675 in there!!!

I'll get to it... I'll try to reply to you now, but go over to regular e-mail...

Dang! Over a Month since I updated this thread! Sorry!

Here's Damascus #5 as mentioned above...

DSC06866.jpg

DSC06867.jpg

Maple and Buff, going to have a matching enclosed reed and open reed when I'm done with the project, but here's the knife!

Here's ... ummmm.... I'm gonna have to refer back and edit.... Oh yeah! This one was made special to-order, so it wasn't on the thread yet...

DSC06868.jpg

DSC06869.jpg

DSC06870.jpg

Nickle/Maple over convex ATS34 Stainless. Sweet handling!

And here's Blade O, I did this one for the Local Game Farm where I'm gathering the Cougar recordings. (Up over 50 individual sounds now, plus a BUNCH of purring! You won't believe the sequences I'm going to make with them!)

DSC06863.jpg

DSC06864.jpg

And it stands up by itself...
DSC06865.jpg

It's D2 steel, with brass, and the Bison and the Sika Deer are both products from the Game farm. The inlay is mother of pearl from local oyster shells.

And here's Blade E, for the Predator Hunting Talkcast! It's going to be a giveaway there, so get with Brian Downs and find out the rules, you could win this one!

DSC06862.jpg

DSC06859.jpg

It's a super handy working blade style I've seen professional fur handling men use alot. ATS34 Stainless. The grip is bone spaced black, Amboyna Burl spaced red, and a spacer of Wooly Mammoth Ivory! It'll have a pack sheath.

Again, get with the Predator Hunting Talkcast / Brian Downs... you could win this one!

I've been looking at your knives for a few days now and I am greatly impressed!! They are not only beautiful, but from what I've read, serviceable as well! A great combination!

I dare not ask any prices right now with winter coming on because I know i can't afford it right now, but I do have a question; do you ever make any with an Ulu type shape to them? Not necessarily an ulu BUT maybe something similar with an open handle? I'm sure I'm not making myself clear, so I'll have to draw a picture and get back with you!

That one is nickle bolsters and Desert Ironwood, Steve.

Wolfwoman, I've made one Ulu on production steel, never ground my own Ulu steel. If I did, I'd definately be interested in doing something unique and custom, as I'm not a big traditional Ulu fan.

(I actually think I'm following you, but I'll wait for your pic, so as to not skew your creativity with my own!)

I love using the Ulu, but I am looking for more finger space and a more comfy grip than the traditional types. Open blade/handle on one side, and a grip that fits the fingers and palm. I want a blade that I don't have to sharpen every 2 minutes when fleshing a bear or a moose hide!!

This is really bad, but I think you get the jist of it... the handle needs to be larger... better, but... well you tell me!

Ulu.jpg

Steve,
I come into your threads for the sole purpose of just looking at your knives. They are the most incredible works of art I have seen. One day I will purchase one. Thank you for posting them.

Back