at what age did you start reloading ? poll

Woops, the above post was me
laugh.gif

I was about 22 when I started reloading. Never knew about reloading till I was about 21 when I seen My Uncle reloading.
Been doing it ever since now I am pushing the ripe old age of 66
and still love the challenge of developing accurate loads.

Currently working on loads for three different bullets for my AR 15. in .223 Rem.
wub.gif

DAB

Been around it since I can remember my grandfather and 3 different uncles were into pretty heavy, on the weekends we always went to my one uncles house and the MEN always hung out in the basement telling long tales. I received a RCBS kit for Christmas when I was about 12-14 from a uncle. I am still buying stuff to go along with it(chronograph,case mate prep center) I have a 5 year old and a 11 year old that likes to help me and I don't mind passing the knowledge on.
Mike

I started at 15, shot IBS Hunter Class Competition. I worked for a commercial reloader that took me under his wings.

I first loaded for a 6MM Vamint with a Lee "Nut Cracker" hand loader, no scales, no full length sizer. My house would not hold the crows, dogs, cats, turtles, that I shot with that varmint rifle.

When I rebarreled the rifle, you could drop a bullet down the barrel 3"...it still shot 1" groups.

Last edited:
I believe it was 1966 when I bought a 12ga. hand Lee Loader that you used a hammer to drive done the wads. I'm 61 now so it's been a few years.

I appreciate the response. I guess most guys learn about and practice reloading a little younger than when I started.My friend probably had that notion because he learned really young.One things for certain your never too old to start.
If your a person who likes to tinker and are a bit of a perfectionist(or suffer from OCD),and you dont reload allready but have been considering it,GO FOR IT!Thanks again for the contributions.PS- I believe Lee still makes those hammer and wood block kits lol.

Back