AR's and lost coyotes

Kevin, my day gun is also a 243 and currently my night gun is a 223 but with that said in a week or two my night gun will be a 6.5 Grendel

My favorite caliber for them is the 243. But i do hunt with a ar as well. Try the 65g sgks. I have taken large deer with that bullet. It dropped tried once to get up and that was it. Try them with h4895 or cfe with cci 450 mag primers. Good luck!!

I need to sit around longer and watch them and see if any of the ones I've killed with a .22 hornet, .221 fireball, or .17 Rem. or .223 get up and run off! Obviously I'am doing something wrong.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: viperI need to sit around longer and watch them and see if any of the ones I've killed with a .22 hornet, .221 fireball, or .17 Rem. or .223 get up and run off! Obviously I'am doing something wrong.
wink.gif
The only thing you and most others are doing wrong is being defensive and self righteous about their choices in cartridge and persecuting others for their choices. That, and being unwilling to accept that different areas require different approaches to obtain consistent success.

Three years go by and nothing changes. Everyone sits in here squabbling like children proclaiming they know best. If everyone shot as much as they shoot their mouths off, none of this stuff would even be up for debate. Everyone would already have proven everything for themselves and there'd be nothing left to discuss.

Originally Posted By: orkanOriginally Posted By: viperI need to sit around longer and watch them and see if any of the ones I've killed with a .22 hornet, .221 fireball, or .17 Rem. or .223 get up and run off! Obviously I'am doing something wrong.
wink.gif
The only thing you and most others are doing wrong is being defensive and self righteous about their choices in cartridge and persecuting others for their choices. That, and being unwilling to accept that different areas require different approaches to obtain consistent success.

Three years go by and nothing changes. Everyone sits in here squabbling like children proclaiming they know best. If everyone shot as much as they shoot their mouths off, none of this stuff would even be up for debate. Everyone would already have proven everything for themselves and there'd be nothing left to discuss.

^^^BOOM!!

Originally Posted By: orkanOriginally Posted By: viperI need to sit around longer and watch them and see if any of the ones I've killed with a .22 hornet, .221 fireball, or .17 Rem. or .223 get up and run off! Obviously I'am doing something wrong.
wink.gif

Reverend Orkan,

You had me at hello!

I shoot a frankenAR pieced together with a YHM 7 twist barrel. I don't have any problems with losing anything. I'm shooting 55gr vmax. If I shoot whatever in the rear end or Lord forbid, in the guts I'm sure its going to leave the county. But then again I pay attention to where I put the shot. Sure I would love to have a bullet on a string to lead it where I want, but crap happens. But if I kept losing animals I would check my hardware AND my software (meaning MYSELF).

I guess all them dead sons a bitches since VN all the way to Afghannystan was figments of someones emajenation,,,,,lol

Originally Posted By: RahlowI guess all them dead sons a bitches since VN all the way to Afghannystan was figments of someones emajenation,,,,,lol

You know your right.. But to be fair I had a bunch of runner there too.
frown.gif

I wish I would have had Vmax bullets vs. the FMJs. There would have been a lot less runners then.

Originally Posted By: RahlowI guess all them dead sons a bitches since VN all the way to Afghannystan was figments of someones emajenation,,,,,lol

https://www.military1.com/products/ammunition/article/538310-us-army-looks-to-new-sniper-ammunition/

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/07/03/army-wants-a-harder-hitting-pistol.html

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-us-army-wants-more-powerful-rifle-21216

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/05/foghorn/us-army-considers-ditching-5-56-nato-round/

What the military does has nothing to do with what is best for individual civilian shooters and coyote hunters. Yet even if that were not true there is proof that the military has needed and has wanted harder hitting rounds than 5.56 for a very long time. Nostalgia, nor opinions, will change that fact.

Still I ask, why can people not maintain perspective and stop being so fragile in ego to avoid sarcasm and crappy attitudes... but instead simply adhere to facts?

arugument-quotes9.jpg

Who resurrected this zombie thread and WHY???????????????

Stupid argument all the way around anyway. If you are not shooting a .17 hmr you are just making noise.

mike drop.

I went to the indoor 100 yard range today to sight in my Radius and IR Hunter Mark3.

It has five lanes and 4 of them currently had shooters. I am the only person shooting suppressed!

Due to the loud bangs and the rush of pressured air flowing away from our barrels I could not focus enough to get both devices sighted in to smack a Gnat at 100 yards so I just waited them out.

Eventually they all left and I had the range all to myself.

Now I am gonna smack that Gnats azz at 100 yards day or night and continue wondering why these other rifle shooters don't own at least one suppressor?

As far as AR's and Coyotes? It's all about shot placement, did anybody mention that?

A Pellet rifle will kill a Coyote as long as it is a VITAL'S shot placement.

Carry on Rookies!!!

ya, about every other page.. lol

But, an indoor 100yrd shooting lane.. wow.. that would be awesome.. I could dream.

It would be so nice for load development to have access to that...

You are lucky man Pop.

wink.gif

You get a kick outta bein a pompus [beeep]???? 😆

Last edited:
Back