AR Trigger

I run 3# Chip McCormick single stage in two of my ARs and really like them. Both break right at 3# and very crisp.
I have a 3# Velocity single stage on order for my other rifle. It is scheduled for delivery on Saturday. I can't wait to drop it in and compare it to the CM triggers.

Velocity triggers is owned by one of the engineers ( Tom Vehr ) that left Timney triggers. It is based here in Phoenix AZ .https://velocitytriggers.com Most of the different drop in triggers you see out there are made by his Co.
Tarey

Has anyone got a Trigger Tech that also has or has had a Timney and Geissele to give a comparison. I have a Timney and have or have had several Geissele models but was thinking about trying the Trigger Tech next go around.

Originally Posted By: AdamTHas anyone got a Trigger Tech that also has or has had a Timney and Geissele to give a comparison. I have a Timney and have or have had several Geissele models but was thinking about trying the Trigger Tech next go around.

I’ve got a couple Geissele SSA-E triggers in my ARs and a TT in a bolt rifle and two Timney triggers in other bolt rifles. I know it’s not a fair comparison and not 100% applicable to your question, but the TT is my favorite trigger on any rifle (bolt or AR) that I own. My next lower build will have a TT so I can make a fair comparison.

I have a Trigger Tech adjustable, I highly recommend them. I only use TT and Geissele Hi-speed triggers anymore. I had a Timney 3lb in the past and didn't like it, I'd take a TT over one every time. The TT is what the AR Gold should have been, in my opinion (they're similar).

After playing with a trigger tech I'll go with one of those next. I have Timney, CMC And RRA 2 stage with springs now and had a CAR gold.

Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanFor a 2 stage I like the Larue MBT for $99 on sale.
For a single stage I really lIke the Hiperfire 24 3G for $149 right now at Joeboboutfitters

I've really been thinking of giving the LaRue a try in my 6.8 coyote gun. I like my Geissele S3G, smooth single stage. But all of the people saying it sucks for precision has me wondering if I'm missing out on something. I'm on LaRue e-mail list so hopefully the next time they go on sale I'll be able to grab one.

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanFor a 2 stage I like the Larue MBT for $99 on sale.
For a single stage I really lIke the Hiperfire 24 3G for $149 right now at Joeboboutfitters

I've really been thinking of giving the LaRue a try in my 6.8 coyote gun. I like my Geissele S3G, smooth single stage. But all of the people saying it sucks for precision has me wondering if I'm missing out on something. I'm on LaRue e-mail list so hopefully the next time they go on sale I'll be able to grab one.

For $50 more id rather have the Hiperfire 24 3G. Joeboboutfitters has them on sale right now for $149.

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanFor a 2 stage I like the Larue MBT for $99 on sale.

Why does the geissele suck for precision?

Originally Posted By: kswaterfowlOriginally Posted By: wormydog1724Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanFor a 2 stage I like the Larue MBT for $99 on sale.

It doesn't to me, the internets say it does because it's not a two-stage.

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724Originally Posted By: kswaterfowlOriginally Posted By: wormydog1724Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanFor a 2 stage I like the Larue MBT for $99 on sale.

It doesn't to me, the internets say it does because it's not a two-stage.

That means its true
laugh.gif

I have the hyperfire 24c and use it as a 3 gun style trigger. I have tried all three springs. Using the lightest spring and trying to use it as a precision trigger i can feel more creep than I like for precision. Using the heaviest spring there seems to be less creep. I have tried Timney, 2 stage Rock River, and ssa-e and didn't like the creep for precision. My favorite precision trigger by far is the geissele DMR. Yes its expensive but black friday deals are the best deals i have come across.

Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanOriginally Posted By: wormydog1724Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanFor a 2 stage I like the Larue MBT for $99 on sale.

For $50 more id rather have the Hiperfire 24 3G. Joeboboutfitters has them on sale right now for $149.

I just bought the hiperfire 24 3g for $119.99 from Brownells.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love my geissele S3G triggers, I have four of them. But for coyote hunting I've kinda been thinking I should at least try a two-stage. It's been probably two years since I've tried one, a rock river 2 stage and a geissele SSA-E. I didn't care for them then so not sure what makes me think I'll care for them now. It's the FOMO factor going on I guess.

I'm going to see if I can get the LaRue. Reviews for LaRue stuff I take with a grain of salt because of the general fan boyism that accompanies anything he touches. The only way to know for sure is to try it myself. If I don't like it, there's some LaRuemenati out there somewhere that will buy it.

I know what you mean. I can't leave anything alone. Always trying new things to see if I can shoot better with them. When I should leave well enough alone and use what I already have.

kswaterfowl said:
I know what you mean. I can't leave anything alone. Always trying new things to see if I can shoot better with them. When I should leave well enough alone and use what I already have. [/quote

I shoot Jewell triggers and love them. Everything is measured off of them. I bought a Hyperfire 3G and thought I had as close as I could get to a Jewell. Then I made the mistake of pulling a Elftmann in one of my friends AR and that was a big mistake. Now I have a Elftmann and the Hyperfire is in a bag waiting on another project. So far my friend's rifle and mine have sold four more Elftmanns. I have yet to find anything better.

Back