Anyone shootin tss for predators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursMan bob brought it out 👍

Bob confirmed what several of us said. Thanks for the informational post Bob.

These numbers and weights will help show the difference between the density of lead 11.36g/cc shot and the density of TSS 18g/cc shot.

#2 lead shot has about 89 pellets per ounce, each pellet weighs about 4.91 gr

#2 TSS shot has about 54 pellets per ounce, each pellet weighs about 8.10 gr

#4 lead shot has about 136 pellets per ounce, each pellet weighs about 3.21 gr

#4 TSS shot has about 83 pellets per ounce, each pellet weighs about 5.24 gr

The TSS #4 pellet weighs more than the lead #2 pellet.

I already have a source for 2's and 4's, that has load data too.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: ackleymanSounds like this shot is going to take shotguns to a whole new level.

Probably not unless it becomes factory loaded and a whole damm bunch less expensive. It has the potential from a performance only consideration.

Nitro is testing it and as high as their loads was and as high as heavy weights are I'd bet tss will be around the same cost or smudge more but the gain tss brings people will pay that extra once they figure it out. People don't buy high dollar guns fancy callers camo scope and the sorts to not shoot quality stuff when the shells are the cheapest part of hunting depending how you look at it. Biggest thing for nitro is if they get it going will be pressure testing and mass producing

Originally Posted By: ackleymanSounds like this shot is going to take shotguns to a whole new level.

Going to? It already has. Cost a lot upfront and to get going but your not gonna buy a load right now that will be anything like tss

I guess someone has to ask!

So were can a guy get some #2s and load data?
wink.gif
wink.gif

Sounds like some pretty impressive stuff...

I will say this red dog. A friend is shooting 4's and. 5's in a 1oz load and killing deer st 80 yards. Your pattern density is better than the 2's. Oh and that load is 1400fps

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursI will say this red dog. A friend is shooting 4's and. 5's in a 1oz load and killing deer st 80 yards. Your pattern density is better than the 2's. Oh and that load is 1400fps

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: BirdsandspursI will say this red dog. A friend is shooting 4's and. 5's in a 1oz load and killing deer st 80 yards. Your pattern density is better than the 2's. Oh and that load is 1400fps

a friend of a friend told me he could kill that skeptical hippo with a 1 oz load of #2 at 70 yards. easy.

Maybe not #2's. But Probably with #4 or #5 shot. Gotta ask,just how big are those deer? Cough, Can I see pictures of this please.

TSS shot is really impressive when it is reloaded in the smaller gauges for turkeys and waterfowl.

Goose loads
28 ga, 3/4 oz TSS #7 shot at 1300 fps gets 2.50" of gel penetration at 67.6 yards with 137 pellets per shell
12 ga, 1-1/4 oz of steel BBB at 1500 fps gets 2.50" of gel penetration at 46.6 yards with 76 pellets per shell

Duck loads
410, 1/2 oz of #9 TSS shot at 1250 fps gets 1.50" of gel penetration at 66.5 yards with 178 pellets per shell
12 ga, 1-1/4 oz of steel #2 shot at 1500 fps gets 1.50" of gel penetration at 47.7 yards with 154 pellets per shell

The below link with the penetration test results in it is what really opened my eyes about TSS shot. Seeing that TSS #9 shot out penetrated copper coated lead #4 shot blew me away.
http://www.gobblernation.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1653

One thin ounce of #5's or #4's killing deer reliably at 80 yards... horse apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back