Anyone heard of "CounterSniper" Military Scopes?

BigWave

Stopped by my local gun shop today. He had some scopes that he swaid were purchased at a gun show by the name of Counter Sniper military scope. He said that they were built for the military and these were leftovers. Nice looking peice. I did a search but couldnt come up with anything. The one I looked at was a 5-25X42 with an illuminated mil dot reticle selling for $700. Let me know if you've heard anything about these.

Thanks!

I finally found some dirt on them on a sniper site. Sounds like a buncha cheap marketing crap, and the same scope I looked at should sell for about $350 and the guy thought that was too much for the quality.

Thanks!

No, no, no... they were "military"... They were left overs from a run made up for the Bulgarian Navy Spec. Ops unit... You know the same guys that usually do the cooking on the Bulgarian Navy rowboats.... On weekends they use their scoped Red Riders to shoot at match books in the galley...

It is a sure bet that anything called: sniper, tactical, counter sniper, or any similar terms is at best overpriced, at worst junk.

Jack

Quote:
No, no, no... they were "military"... They were left overs from a run made up for the Bulgarian Navy Spec. Ops unit... You know the same guys that usually do the cooking on the Bulgarian Navy rowboats.... On weekends they use their scoped Red Riders to shoot at match books in the galley...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif All these years I thought it was the French /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

How would you counter a counter sniper? B1 bomber? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
It is a sure bet that anything called: sniper, tactical, counter sniper, or any similar terms is at best overpriced, at worst junk.

Jack

Truer words have never been spoken....... er, typed.

If you want a real military scope get a Mark 4!

Or a S&B...

+1, or a US OPTICS, if you want to spend less on a "Military/Tactical" scope look at the Super Sniper, It's no leuppy or S&B or a USO, but they aren't bad. They have the Navy contract.

Quote:
"... if you want to spend less on a "Military/Tactical" scope look at the Super Sniper, It's no leuppy or S&B or a USO, but they aren't bad. They have the Navy contract.

The "Super Duper Snippy Sniper Scope" does NOT have "the Navy contract".

They were first made by some nameless off shore (Philippines?) Asian maker, and imported by Tasco or some other cheap scope importer that went belly up.

Then SWFA picked them up, and had them made. They are only sold by SWFA.

The military does not "contract" for odd ball stuff like that.

If you want a Military Grade Scope and don't mind to fork out the mortgage on the home , then US Optics is the scope to buy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
The Super Sniper is the poor mans idea of a sniper scope.

A lot of Nightforce scopes are in use by the military as well. Availability of those scopes was tough at times, due to the military purchases.

Quote:
Quote:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif All these years I thought it was the French /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

How would you counter a counter sniper? B1

bomber? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

So sorry, there are not French... The French scopes all have a big "ding" in them from where they were dropped and trampled by their fleeing owners...

Quote:
Quote:
"... if you want to spend less on a "Military/Tactical" scope look at the Super Sniper, It's no leuppy or S&B or a USO, but they aren't bad. They have the Navy contract.

The "Super Duper Snippy Sniper Scope" does NOT have "the Navy contract".

They were first made by some nameless off shore (Philippines?) Asian maker, and imported by Tasco or some other cheap scope importer that went belly up.

Then SWFA picked them up, and had them made. They are only sold by SWFA.

The military does not "contract" for odd ball stuff like that.

The super sniper was made by Hakko in japan, not sure who makes it now. It is only available through SWFA. IT IS or was the scope contracted to the US Navy, not sure as to when the contract expired or expires.

Chupa

ETA: Don't take my word for it though, Do a Google search on them and read for yourself. Personally I like facts over what I've heard from somebody else, and a little research never killed anyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How would you counter a counter sniper? B1

bomber? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

So sorry, there are not French... The French scopes all have a big "ding" in them from where they were dropped and trampled by their fleeing owners...

Never fired and only dropped once huh!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Stopped by my local gun shop today. He had some scopes that he swaid were purchased at a gun show by the name of Counter Sniper military scope. He said that they were built for the military and these were leftovers. Nice looking peice. I did a search but couldnt come up with anything. The one I looked at was a 5-25X42 with an illuminated mil dot reticle selling for $700. Let me know if you've heard anything about these.

Thanks!

i saw one @ my local shop in 10-40x50 for $650 but upon research online i found the exact same scope for $350 in a first focal plane model which was the same as the store model! just do a search or some checking before making a mistake when you can buy it alot cheaper online-if i was to buy one i would save the money from buying online!

Back