ADIOS Las Cruces...

What really would be interesting is to have an actual Predator Hunting Contest staged from Las Cruzes since that seems to be what they thought PM was doing which was totally incorrect.
Maybe the World Championship could be moved from Belen,NM to Las Cruces one year.

By the way what I thought was funny was the fact that the local citizens treated the protesters with more distaste than PM did. I saw a few passer by's giving them the one finger good luck sign.

My favorite method for dealing with protestors is to smear or spray a little trapping scent where they are protesting. If they really believe in their cause, a little skunk essance shouldn't diswade them.

Dang, I've been offline for 3 weeks and I come back to this! UGH! I was really hoping to make this hunt next year but there's NO way I can go all the way to AZ, as much as I'd like to. That's a serious bummer! Sure wish we had enough land here in TX to offer up an alternative.

Awful news.

Here is a aggressive protester that I got pictures of. Stu put a picture of my Coyote on Facebook pm. We became Famous on there site. LOL. Rick

7B94E15C-7C17-488E-A794-7383A8561CD2_zpsrrsenrgt.jpg

40C91699-74B5-49BC-9C20-2C3520FD485E_zpsiuke7uze.jpg

Originally Posted By: Fling-a-arrowTucson is a liberal hotbed! Did u jump from the fire into the oven??

It seems like everywhere is a Liberal Hotbed........wait, that was a victim statement.......I must be a Liberal now. Poor me
cry.gif

These types of buffoons are tireless and now have fuel for their fire. Make a plan to beat them to the punch and you may be able to knock the wind out of them a little. For instance, sell the hides from your hunt (I don't know if they prime up down there and have any value) and contribute that money to an animal shelter or children's charity.Then be public about your gesture(letter to the editor or a friendly reporter).The right small gesture directed properly can promote positive results.As many intelligent people that post here I'm sure you can get a lot of good ideas. Just my .02

Predator Masters contacted the university in Las Cruces and offered to donate the coyote carcasses to benefit their wildlife program so students could use them for necropsy labs and other animal physiology classes. They did not need them. Maybe the University of AZ might when the event is held in Tucson.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZMy favorite method for dealing with protestors is to smear or spray a little trapping scent where they are protesting. If they really believe in their cause, a little skunk essance shouldn't diswade them.

Yeah, douse 'em with "Gusto"....
lol.gif

I agree w CAFR, whether or not the move was being talked about on PM's part, you can't give into these types of people and their motives. Soon you will end up having no where to go. Then what? Stand toe toe w them and you will win every time!

in this regard it is in fact a no-win situation.

We've wanted to move the hunt for 3 years. We've been working all this time to make suitable arrangements, with the particular goal of better hunting in mind.

If we went back to Las Cruces next year & then moved the year after, all that does is let them claim victory a year later.

The reality is that the calling around Las Cruces in late jan/early feb isn't all that great and most members are limited to only coyotes.

At that time of year, jeff Mock promises that the hunting around Tucson is way better and we're not limited to coyotes. Fox, bobcat, coatamundi -the only north american location where they can be hunted- and other species are legal. For those who wish to buy lion tags, tags are OTC and there are a lot of lions in the area.

So, we move the hunt now or move it later, the antis say "See!!! We ran those murdering bastards off!!!"

We had already decided to move for 2015. That does not mean that Las Cruces is permanently off the table & even with lesser hunting opportunities, I'd be fine with adding it into the mix to go back to some years just to see how much apoplexy we can cause
wink.gif

tbone did you know that there is a simple formula for skunk essence,and it easy to make.When I was in high school we made a pint of it and dumped on main street on Halloween night. A balloon full at one of their protests should do it.

Be fun to return to Las Cruces in 2015 but even more fun to move on to liberal Tucson and stake out a PR win there. The Las Cruces libs will have some contact with the Tucson libs. Be cool and be smart, they will come after you/us. Don't post fotos of a coyote with 4 bloody rounds down his side, unless on a forum where one needs to be a member to sign in, never mind he was probably hit on he run and only the forward round would've dropped 'em.

We can start a sticky thread of links/vids/news stories, such as the Gun Facts thread for the gun controllers, that counter the liberal anti 'feelie' points and members can quick reference. Really, the coyotes of Las Cruces will be healthier and they died a much more humane death getting shot than what nature provides. Let the coyote population explode, in 4yrs they'll be losing their pets.

Certain charity concepts are worthwhile. Donate to AZ Univ could work. Plan early starting now.

In 2015 when the Tucson stinky jobless libs cause a stink, have a few positives in motion, make a few pointed rapid replys that puts PM on the offensive, then sit back, enjoy a chuckle about 'em, and let's do it again in 2016.

Coyotejunk has a great idea of reporting money expenditures to the Tucson Chamber of Commerce in post below.

After thought: I only have a 17WSM but pretty interested in taking a coati out in the desert!

Last edited:
Might also turn out to be a fun idea, is to have everyone attending keep tract of how much money they spent and anonymously turn that in to be totaled. Then send the total to the chamber of commerce in Las Cruses to show them how much money could have been spent in their community or state.

Quote:Certain charity concepts are worthwhile. Donate to AZ Univ could work. Plan early starting now.

There is always a children's hospital needing money too. Many good charities.

If you want a good charity in AZ, we have one that takes kids out predator hunting and teaches kids about hunting in general. It's through the fish and game here in the state and I personally prefer to use money and efforts to get more kids shooting and hunting here and when posssible.

We can give money to a kids hospital all day, but that doesn't reverse the decline in hunters, especially among kids.

It may be a good idea to get the local kids involved to host a mid day egg shoot at the convention, with 22's, based on age groups and small trophy's, as well as classes on calling and maybe some video's shown or created to show what and how to for kids to start hunting. (i am sure that we as a group have enough 22's to supply the kids that would show up with what they need to shoot)
I have friends that have kids that love the idea of hunting, but they don't know the first thing and i take them shooting and bunny hunting on occassion, (mostly just shooting)

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZIt may be a good idea to get the local kids involved to host a mid day egg shoot at the convention, with 22's, based on age groups and small trophy's, as well as classes on calling and maybe some video's shown or created to show what and how to for kids to start hunting. (i am sure that we as a group have enough 22's to supply the kids that would show up with what they need to shoot)
I have friends that have kids that love the idea of hunting, but they don't know the first thing and i take them shooting and bunny hunting on occassion, (mostly just shooting)

That was started this last hunt in Las Cruces and it will continue but that did not stop the anti's from posting a picture of one of the kids shooting and saying something crappy about that.

well.. thats good it's happening, guess i am late to the show.. But gun ignorantant people are just that.. Until you take them out and show them otherwise.

I had the same issue with my Girlfriend.. Never even held a gun, scared to death.. lol I pointed out how she should be more afraid of her car based on her logic. Then let her hold one, and she calmed down..
At the first time we went shooting, she thought the brass ejecting from the 22lr was a rickochet, I then pulled one round apart and showed her the componets and explained that it was just the empty cases.. After 5 minutes and 100 rounds, she said it wasn't as hard and asked if we could make it harder, and if i had more ammo. Yep, another not affraid shooter is born.

{Most} anti groups are far more concerned with receiving publicity than they are their so called "cause". How many of the protesters in Las Cruses do you think really gave a flip about a coyote. Would they have been protesting if it were another hunting group's convention? I don't know if any of them can be silenced but those that have gotten an advantage over them that I,m aware of have done so by being honest, forthright, smarter and quicker.Foster positive feelings before they have a chance to promote negative ones. They are liars and will disregard and skew any truth to gain any advantage. It would be nice to just totally ignore them and pretend they don't exist but that may not be possible.

Speaking of sticky thread or link; a list of (ANTI) Organizations was once posted and I`m not sure where it was here?
I seen that ASPCA was on that list and that was one that my daughter likes to donate to (shes 13 now and has a soft spot for the so sad commercials that the ASPCA runs).
I will not prohibit her from donating if that is what makes her feel good, but on the same token explained to her where much of that money goes to, and that she could also help in better ways by offering help to a animal shelter close to us.

Was that list a sticky or just posted in a thread somewhere? Mods?

Back