ADIOS Las Cruces...

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZLast point// THere is usually a hint of what they are hanging their hat on. I read the complaint, and in there is a nuget of what they were hanging this on.. There was a statement of where they dead were left and were not even skinned. I understand they don't know why you would or wouldn't skin out a coyote. but I sounds like some people found a dead pile.. I would suggest finding a local rancher that will allow the use of their dead pile area for the dumping all dead coyotes going forward.

I promise you they did not find a dead pile as a result of the PM Hunt.
That does not keep them from using pictures of a pile of coyotes that was at some hunt contest (which we never have been a contest) and trying to pass that picture of as us.

They will tell any lie to make their thinking sound believable.

At this point, I gotta ask.

1. Do Las Cruces liberals think that yotes who die from natural causes dig themselves a grave just before kicking the bucket?

2. Are Las Cruces liberals going to get the City Council to pass an resolution against driving automobiles on the local roads, so as not to litter the highways with dead coyote carcasses?

Originally Posted By: KizmoAt this point, I gotta ask.

1. Do Las Cruces liberals think that yotes who die from natural causes dig themselves a grave just before kicking the bucket?

2. Are Las Cruces liberals going to get the City Council to pass an resolution against driving automobiles on the local roads, so as not to litter the highways with dead coyote carcasses?

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the answer to your questions is "YES."

Unbelievable. I am surprised that they are not after the coyotes for eating the mice and other vermin not to mention any unsuspecting pets. Thank God I don't live in that area. The unfortunate reality is that sort of thinking (if you can even call it thinking) is too prevalent in our modern society.

In Michigan, where I live, there are out of State folks here raising a ruckus about last fall's wolf hunt. Go home and mind their own business. Most of the folks that I talked to in Michigan's wolf country had the same sentiment and were more than willing to share it; "Kill them all, they have decimated the deer population".

There is no doubt that responsible and legal hunters and hunting methods have lead to the almost universally highest species populations in recorded history.

Stay vigilant because there are too many liberals that want to take away all of our rights.

Originally Posted By: 5194Jeff et al........is there anyway to get this letter in PDF? Since having attended several PM events in Las Cruses, I get regular emails from the New Mexico Department of Fish and Game notifying me of upcoming events. I would like to take the time and send a copy of this letter to those on the email informing them of the efforts by Las Cruses. It may not do much, but this is one fight I can't sit on the sidelines and watch.

Kevin

ANYONE who would like a PDF copy of this letter, just send me an email at:

salesdirector@predatormasters.com

It's impossible to argue or even try and discuss rational idea's with a liberal, especially an animal fanatic or enviornmental radical group. They won't listen to reason and rational. It's a waste of time explaining to them cars kill more than trappers and hunters combined.
You also have to understand that they see Humans as a plague and need to be exterminated and controled to give the land back to nature.

I refuse to accept the premise that people are an infection on the planet. I also refuse to try and discuss a topic with someone that refuses to listen to differing opinions. It's just a waste of time.
I cannot tell you how many times I have heard people tell me that i shouldn't eat beef because they are causing global warming and they are living cruel lives, since they are raised in small pins fed corn all day. You can take them to a ranch and show them they have been lied to, and ranchers don't fill cows with shots they don't need too, but they don't listen.
We as a group will have to go after the town leadership where this week in the knee leadership trys to stop our way of life, and we need to get the businesses in these area's to get on our side and help us know when it's happening, and join us in pushing back.

Sure glad not everyone in Las Cruces is like those folks.
Most businesses were glad to see us there and most ranchers were also.
I even had a minister bless me and wish me luck while I was in the parking
lot to head out hunting.

That was 2 years ago.
Have things changed that much there ?

Originally Posted By: RJM AcresSure glad not everyone in Las Cruces is like those folks.
Most businesses were glad to see us there and most ranchers were also.
I even had a minister bless me and wish me luck while I was in the parking
lot to head out hunting.

That was 2 years ago.
Have things changed that much there ?

No. The warm welcome and sentiments that the town has shown is never faltering.

The only difference is that the small group of anti's that protest the hunt are organized and very, very vocal. They hit the press at the right times, they hit the local politicos with their lies, and push and push until the liberal City Council gave in and passed a worthless document that isn't worth the paper it's written on.

It was never a "contest" hunt, and hunting wasn't even mandatory. It was never done in the city limits, and PM didn't send letters out to subdivisions telling them to keep their kids inside because lots of hunters would be shooting coyotes out by the golf course, and they may be in danger.

The above were all lies that were actually posted and spread about the PM convention by protest group. In addition to those whoppers, they tried to get BLM to shut down, or charge for a permit on the premises of other lies about the legal hunting that was done.

You never heard a word like that from the folks that any member ever dealt with. They were always courteous, gracious and welcoming.

Very interesting read on Las Cruces' mayor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Miyagishima

Quote:Kenneth Daniel Gallegos "Ken" Miyagishima is the current mayor of Las Cruces, New Mexico, first taking office in 2007.

Kenneth Daniel Gallegos Miyagishima was born in Biloxi, Mississippi in 1963. He is of both Japanese and Mexican descent. He has lived in Las Cruces since 1971. He attended public schools and in 1985 graduated from New Mexico State University with degrees in finance and real estate.

In 1984 Ken began his insurance and financial services business while still in college. In 1992 he became New Mexico’s first American of Japanese descent to be elected to public office. from 1998 through 2000 he was voted “Best County Commissioner” in a local newspaper readers’ poll. Ken’s accomplishments were included in Distinguished Asian-American Political and Governmental Leaders, printed by Greenwood Press. In 2002, he received the Commander’s Award for Public Service from the Department of the Army. Ken won re-election as City Councilman in 2005 running unopposed. Ken is the first American of Japanese and Mexican descent to be elected Mayor of Las Cruces. He is also the second person in Dõna Ana County to have been elected both Chairman of the Dõna Ana County Commission and Mayor of Las Cruces.

Miyagishima is a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG), a group of mayors that are proponents for gun-control and civilian disarmament.

Nice.

A Bloomberg boy.
sick.gif

I find it interesting that the city council points out that everything was legal and that the area used was public (and hunting is legal/allowed there) Just a lot of contradictions that I see. A simple phone call or discussion probably could have cleared a lot of his up. It's a shame people don't even pick up a phone and call any more.

The really damaging part of this "resolution" is that a group of elected officials received a lot of BAD information and took their agenda to a vote without ever once consulting anyone at Predator Masters.

In their "resolution", it, once again, states that they are against "contest hunts", which our convention is not one of.

Below is an email I received from the BLM Official who we met with LAST YEAR when THEY received the same BOGUS information. They contacted US and wanted to hear our side of the situation.

After we met with the BLM & Forestry Officials, THEY determined that we were not a contest hunt and that not a SINGLE THING we were doing would even warrant applying for or obtaining a special use permit.

After this one sided resolution has been passed, granted, it means nothing legally, but it is a blatent attempt to tarnish the image of Predator Masters and anyone in the future may in fact be persuaded by a resolution such as this one.

Below is the email I received from the BLM just this past February...

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI think we should go back in 2015 just to get them knotted up
wink.gif

lol.gif
..like to `stir the pot` there Stu?.ha,ha I`m with ya
thumbup1.gif

But honestly, after reading through these post, I am glad there are many here with a better way with words(than myself), and a diplomatic approach to finding some type of resolution.
I feel bad for the local business, and friends made, people who look forward to PM`s return, the possible closer distance to the NM, location than AZ..among many other things already mentioned.
That said, I have much family that lives in AZ, and it may be an easier trip for me to make it there.
Keep up the fight and good work everyone.

Originally Posted By: ksduckhntrA simple phone call or discussion probably could have cleared a lot of his up. It's a shame people don't even pick up a phone and call any more.

ksduckhntr, while in some cases your statement is true, but with these types of individuals, you jump the Grand Canyon in making the assumption they want to have a discussion.....

Guys, it all boils down to one thing. If you choose to move the event to another venue next time, they win. They have no legal means to prevent you from holding the Convention in Las Cruces, but you seem ready to fold.

Results: Liberal Weenies 1, PM Weenies 0.

Don't be Weenies. Grow a pair and take it right back to them.

Last edited:
We actually had plans to move the hunt to AZ before they passed this resolution. It's been in the works for about 3 years now & we had already solved the primary issues prior to this years hunt and made the formal announcement during one of the banquets.

Not that the facts ever actually mean anything.

Originally Posted By: CAFRGuys, it all boils down to one thing. If you choose to move the event to another venue next time, they win. They have no legal means to prevent you from holding the Convention in Las Cruces, but you seem ready to fold.

Results: Liberal Weenies 1, PM Weenies 0.

Don't be Weenies. Grow a pair and take it right back to them.

They won nothing. The discussion of a change has been going on for over a year, well before any of this. The timing might make it look like we moved because of them but that had nothing to do with it.

It sounds like it's time to stop letting him run unapposed and start pointing out to the locals that it's time to start to reevaluate the party the vote with or for. It's time to ask themselves again if they really support someone that doesn't support their right to own a gun and goes along with a group of nuts that want to ban hunting. Is that really what their values are in line with?

Back