? about the unkindest cut of all......

trashcan

My wife and I are done. With having kids that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. Two is enough, one of each, and that is it..period. She is currently on the pill but we both are about ready for that to be over due to introducing chemicals to alter natures cycle etc..and I have been wondering about scheduling an appointment to get the big snip. I've taklked to my doctor and he has recomended some butchers to hack away at me but I still have my dobuts. This seems to be the best soloution to the problem. Sooo, if any of you gentelmen have gone through the procedure, I would appreciate any input (good or bad) about the snipping of the cords(just typing it makes me cringe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) Thanks guys and gals. Have a good one!!

Trashcan
Death Card Calls

I'm with you TC - my turn's probably comin'. I understand from several others that it's not a big deal. In, out, a couple days on the couch and you're good to go.

Had it done in 97. If I recall its not the first day that'll hurt ya. Its days 2 thru 6 that had me 'walkin wide'. Just to fore warn you that you will see that part of your body in colors you never thought a human could have. In the end all goes back to normal tho. The procedure only takes about five minutes and you will walk out, no problem.

Last edited:
Typically not a big deal, I was fixed in 2000. Humility is the worse part. The discomfort is when they pull on the tubes, not necessarily painful but just an uncomfortable feeling... Not a big deal, the Dentist is worse..

With that said, my procedure went awry and I was outta work for 6 weeks.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nodak

Make sure you follow post procedure recovery. Wear that jock strap ad keep them nuts packed in ice.The only real pai was whe they stuck the needle ito my gonad. The bur is short lived ad then your all numb.

Quote:
(just typing it makes me cringe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

Gives me the shakes, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wife wants me to go.......but I'm still making excuses..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FWIW, she can have an IUD inserted in her DR's office and get the same results with neither of you having any surgery and her medications are then gone also. And the UID is reversible (good selling point for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif).

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:
(just typing it makes me cringe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

Gives me the shakes, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wife wants me to go.......but I'm still making excuses..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FWIW, she can have an IUD inserted in her DR's office and get the same results with neither of you having any surgery and her medications are then gone also. And the UID is reversible (good selling point for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif).

Ahhhhhhh come on guys I know it is in an entirely different region but I have had rifle scope dings on my forehead that hurt worse than that.

Last edited:
I haven't had it done but I was in the Doc's office other day for the snot-colic and they were advertising a non-invasive (incisionless) method. Not sure if it will be any less painful or not.

I had mine done back in '69, when it was still illegal in KS where I was living at the time... One of those things where you 'sneaked' into the doctor's office early on Saturday morning, when no one else was around...

While not the most comfortable thing,,,,certainly not the worst I've encountered in my life..

As said, just follow the post op instruction, stay mostly immobile for the first 36 hours with ice packs in a recliner and, in my case, I was back at work on Monday....

Hmmm, heard it is a bit painful but not unbearable. Just had a good friend that had the procedure done in 1996, and just had a baby with his new bride at 47, and he did not get it reversed!

I think he is planning on visiting with the urologist that did it!

Tim

Cut?? Cut??? you want to cut what???? TC I can't believe you started a thread asking such a question.
I would more expect a thread explaining the do's and don'ts of using the rubber castration ring from a pred call. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I know a few guys that have the "procedure" done. Their wives all say it's no big deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Not like having to pass an 8 pound bowling ball. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I also know a few guys who drive Yugos, they say they are swell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also understand the side effects are not that great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif A buddy has uncontrollable urges to wash dishes sometimes, and I've caught him in his deer stand crying for no apparent reason, and it was my fault. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, go ahead and do what you're told, you'll have a ball. No Really!!

DISCLAIMER: nO ANIMALS WERE INJURED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS POST.

Quote:
Hmmm, heard it is a bit painful but not unbearable. Just had a good friend that had the procedure done in 1996, and just had a baby with his new bride at 47, and he did not get it reversed!

I think he is planning on visiting with the urologist that did it!

Tim

Your buddy there ought to check to see if the kid looks like the meter reader before he goes to the urologist.

Quote:
I would more expect a thread explaining the do's and don'ts of using the rubber castration ring from a pred call. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I also understand the side effects are not that great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif A buddy has uncontrollable urges to wash dishes sometimes, and I've caught him in his deer stand crying for no apparent reason, and it was my fault. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dang Redfrog,not sure I want free Medical like you guys in Canada.

They don't remove the equipment here they just make it fire blanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well gosh 220Swift. Where do you think Obama's free lunch program comes from? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Go Green!!! Recycle!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take it from a medical professional, the procedure is not bad. It's worse in your mind than below your belt. It's worth the minor, temporary post-op discomfort.

BUT.....

Make sure you go for your follow-up visit after the surgery to confirm you are no longer "shooting swimmers." I've witnessed several occasions where the procedure wasn't totally effective and the patient did not follow-up. One of my best friends failed to follow-up and he and his wife had twins about 10 months later. He was 42 and she was 44. It was a difficult pregnancy to say the least.

DO YOUR FOLLOW-UP VISIT!!!

Here's an article on how to, "Do It Yourself!"

Quote:
From the archives: (Arkansas Democrat
Gazette*):

Two local men were injured when their pickup truck left the road and struck a tree near Cotton Patch on State Highway 38 early Monday. Woodruff County deputy Dovey Snyder reported the accident shortly after midnight Monday. Thurston Poole, 33, of Des Arc, and Billy Ray Wallis, 38, of Little Rock, were returning to Des Arc after a frog catching trip. On an overcast Sunday night, Pooles pickup truck headlights malfunctioned. The two men concluded that the headlight fuse on the older-model truck had burned out.

As a replacement fuse was not available, Wallis noticed that the 22 caliber bullets from his pistol fit perfectly into the fuse box next to the steering-wheel column. Upon inserting the bullet the headlights again began to operate properly, and the two men proceeded on eastbound toward the White River Bridge.

After traveling approximately 20 miles, and just before crossing the river, the bullet apparently overheated, discharged, and struck Poole in the testicles. The vehicle swerved sharply right, exiting the pavement, and striking a tree Poole suffered only minor cuts and abrasions from the accident but will require extensive surgery to repair the damage to his testicles, which will never operate as intended. Wallis sustained a broken clavicle and was treated and released. "Thank God we weren't on that bridge when Thurston shot his b***s off, or we might both be dead," stated Wallis.

Imagine how effective this could have been using a 17hmr! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Cut?? Cut??? you want to cut what???? TC I can't believe you started a thread asking such a question.

Redfrog, my man, I still want it to work, not fall off!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Trashcan
DCC

Back