A Turkey for Weasel

Oh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You thought it was funny when I ripped my beard off? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I gotta admit, even though it hurt like a son of a gun, I couldn't help but laugh when I looked in the mirror on the truck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif For the folks that haven't heard it, here is the story.
The "incident" happened long after that photo was taken. My beard had grown to a considerable length. I was out in the desert patterning different loads through my shotgun. I was shooting 3" loads of buckshot for the most part. Well, the wind was picking up so I was hurrying to shoot a few more load, choke and barrel combinations. I was down to my last few loads and the wind was blowing pretty good. The wind blew my beard across my shoulder. When I brought my gun to my shoulder a big portion of the right side of my beard was trapped between my shoulder and the recoil pad. When I pulled the trigger it felt like a combination of a hard right punch and my face being set on fire. I put the gun down and watched as clumps of gray hair blew across the desert like little tumble weeds. At first I was doing a dance that must have looked like the Looney Toons Tazmanian Devil, Taz trying to do the River Dance. After I settled down I walked up to my truck and immediately saw my reflection in the window. I then looked into the side mirror, by this time I was laughing, but my face still felt like it was on fire. The balls of gray hair blowing away really cracked me up. The right side of my face was pretty red for a few days.

Oh, I'm really bad about taking pictures, but I plan on making a real effort to take them as this is a trip of a lifetime. My camera is already packed and waiting to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Best of Luck!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Turkeys are out of control round here and we could use some help thinning out the flock! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS, Dont forget to feed on a couple of the "Real" Philly cheese steaks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif George knows what im talk'n about!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My bad, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif I see you already got that covered. Make sure you prep him in advance. Hate to here that Weasel got sent to the back of the line! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dave

Last edited:
I've been reading up on how not to be sent to the back of the line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I need to confirm the process with George first, but I've been practicing. Wiz wit - Wiz wit - Wiz wit????? Oh, the pressure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Hey guys!

I just found this post or I'd have chimed in sooner. Don't look in the bird section much...

When is your PA trip planned? If you're still around for May 1st, I can swing through PA & pick you guys up on the way upstate for a NY hunt or three. You probably be sick of ol' George by then anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif...luv ya bro!

It would be my pleasure to put Randy & WEAS on a couple gobblers!!!

Non res small game is $55 and another $30 for two bearded bird tags.

If you want to slam two states in one trip, I can get some birds fired up on my turf.

Just throwing that on the table for ya...

Last word was Randy wasn't going to be able to make it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I've already booked and paid for (Thanks Randy!) my return flight for the 4th of May.
6.gif

FAST FREDDY,,,
We will be hunting the 28th to the 4th,, so if he runs out of tag's before the end of the week you will get a phone call,,,, I am only 11 miles from the NY border just east of Binghamton .

shoot me a phone number,,,

thank fred for the invite pal,,

weas, may need more tail fan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
weas, may need more tail fan placks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm already looking at pieces of furniture in the house. I'll cut up a dresser or bookcase for a plague. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am thinking you will need more then a couple fan plagues after this hunt buddyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
the way i see it, lots of predator callers come here and kill long bearded tom's..
but lots of predator callers come here and attempt to call and kill the real PA trophy ,
and it ant no turkey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I have a good feeling you are going to be in a very exclusive club when you leave PA..

Last edited:
That went way over my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif For some reason, I have been real lucky when it comes to hunting so I'm optimistic. What's the real PA trophy that isn't a turkey?

p.jpg

I don't know of any western callers that have come and killed a coyote here in PA,
I am hopping after this trip i will know one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:

NO, we can call coyotes 24/7
It's not my trip pal, so the trigger time is all yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I can try my hand at busting primers on PA dog anytime.

PS
we can only hunt turkey till 12 noon, so i am thinking lunch then coyotes in the afternoons and maybe a couple night

No,No,&No /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I even have 2 video cameras set up so you can tape anything you like on the trip and take the tape home

AND YES I HAVE THE TAPES /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks like Will Primos to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
Hmm, I look like Wil Primos and talk like a race car driver? Those that have ridden with me think I drive like a race car driver. LOL. I wish I could make the trip, but this is for Weasel. I have a wall full of turkey beards and spurs. Other than missing out on a great memorable trip, as for the turkeys, I have been there and done that. I am sure I will regret not going after Weasel post his pictures. Weasel will be in good hands with Big George. While they are having fun, I will be building my new shop. Timing just isn't in the cards for a trip this spring for me. If ya'll get to hook up with Knockemdown, the trip will be even more rewarding.

Back