A good Ar?

Originally Posted By: BlingThey had Anderson's trigger kits there too. Are they worth a hoot or is there better

they are just a ar15 trigger. they work but nothing special about them.

of course there's better. how much you want to spend?

Originally Posted By: BlingOriginally Posted By: AdamTOriginally Posted By: BlingAlso can I build these into 204 and 6.5 grendel?

Yes

Ok thanks

In case you didn’t know, the 204 will work with a standard .223 bolt, and use metal magazines, not magpul, to allow for the longer case length. The Grendel will need its own bolt and magazine specific to that cartridge.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: BlingThey had Anderson's trigger kits there too. Are they worth a hoot or is there better

they are just a ar15 trigger. they work but nothing special about them.

of course there's better. how much you want to spend?

I just would like something crisp that's not harder than a stripper pole to pull. I really don't know what is decent so I'm confiding in yalls experience.

Much appreciated for yalls help

Originally Posted By: AdamTOriginally Posted By: BlingOriginally Posted By: AdamTOriginally Posted By: BlingAlso can I build these into 204 and 6.5 grendel?

Yes

Ok thanks

In case you didn’t know, the 204 will work with a standard .223 bolt, and use metal magazines, not magpul, to allow for the longer case length. The Grendel will need its own bolt and magazine specific to that cartridge.

Ok, I will be asking for advice on that as we go and what is good barrels and lengths. Im searching here too but trying to keep it all in 1 thread.

Thanks for your help

Its surprising how good a stock AR trigger can end up.

I put in a trigger adjuster screw, bobbed the hammer a bit and polished everything. I left in the stock heavy hammer spring for reliability even when it ends up -20 or less, the JP light hammer spring would do a bit more. I love it, certainly wouldnt pay to replace it. It's a couple pounds heavier but I would even have a tough time swapping it for the aftermarket triggers I've tried if I got one for free.

You mentioned rural king so you're probably in the southwest portion of the state. Don't recall seeing them elsewhere in my travels. I'm in Charlottesville.

Get an AR while you can. This current legislation is bad news for gun owners in the commmonwealth. If you think you want to have one AR, buy two or three stripped lowers. You can always build them into full rifles later.

Originally Posted By: coryjYou mentioned rural king so you're probably in the southwest portion of the state. Don't recall seeing them elsewhere in my travels. I'm in Charlottesville.

Get an AR while you can. This current legislation is bad news for gun owners in the commmonwealth. If you think you want to have one AR, buy two or three stripped lowers. You can always build them into full rifles later.

That's what I found out I can do

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Owning a small truck load of 80% lowers wouldn't hurt a guy any either LOL
I just found out about those last night too

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Have u looked at bear creek arsenal complete uppers? They are like Doritos lol

Sir im just now getting Into the AR game so I've never heard of them. I'll google them now. Just got in.from milking my cows and fixing supper and my fire

I own quite a bit of bear creek stuff. We use their sidecharging uppers for our hunting rigs. The sidecharging bolts operate like a 1100 or 11-87 Remington. I've received a barrel or two with crowns that didnt suit me but they have always taken care of any issue. You can't even begin to piece an upper together for what they sell for and I've had great luck with accuracy and it takes quite a bit to please me in the accuracy dept. I assure there is more expensive stuff out there that isn't as accurate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223 You can't even begin to piece an upper together for what they sell for and I've had great luck with accuracy.

Thats a pretty bold statement considering you can buy a simple factory complete rifle for close to $400 now days and can piece one together for not much more than that if you don't go hog wild.
They must have some really good prices if true.

EDIT: Just checked out their site. Exceptional proces! WOW!

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: varminter .223 You can't even begin to piece an upper together for what they sell for and I've had great luck with accuracy.

Thats a pretty bold statement considering you can buy a simple factory complete rifle for close to $400 now days and can piece one together for not much more than that if you don't go hog wild.
Check em out.
They always have deals and sales coming and going as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: varminter .223 You can't even begin to piece an upper together for what they sell for and I've had great luck with accuracy.

Check em out.

I did look. I didnt see any 6.5 in stock or a 204. Looked liked was 5.56 223 7.62 and a 12 something. Never heard of the 12s?

I got a complete AR15 from Bear Creek Arsonal for $389
(This BCA AR-15 Complete Side Charging rifle has a 16" barrel with a M4 Contour profile, made of 4150 Chrome Vanadium with a Parkerized finish, and features a 1:8 Twist Rate, a Carbine length gas system
The rifle includes a 15" MLOK Rail, an M4 flat-top forged upper receiver with forwarding assist, a BCA Bolt Carrier Group, a Flash Hider, and a Charging Handle. It is chambered in .223 Wylde and machined with M4 feed ramps in the barrel extension.)

Originally Posted By: BlingOriginally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: varminter .223 You can't even begin to piece an upper together for what they sell for and I've had great luck with accuracy.

Check em out.

I did look. I didnt see any 6.5 in stock or a 204. Looked liked was 5.56 223 7.62 and a 12 something. Never heard of the 12s?
12.7x42 numerical designation for 50 Beowulf.
Had to look it up myself.

Back