6mm vs 22-250

Any 6mm with a .473 bolt face and a 58gr or 65gr Vmax should fill the bill. If you really want to impress the coyotes a 25-06 or 25 WSSM with a 75gr Vmax would fill the bill.

I shoot a 25-204 and find it too destructive for coyotes, but I like to skin them out.

I don’t believe he questions the 22-250’s ability to kill a coyote. Shooting a dog at a hundred and watching it run 300 yards then dying makes for some long walks. If you’re doing tournaments that’s a lot of time. If your night hunting it makes for a difficult find afterwards. If you’re lazy it’s a lot of extra effort… 6 creed/.243 win with 87 vmax if it’s a bolt gun. 6 arc with 87 vmax if you want an AR.

If u are shooting coyotes with a 22-250 u can ass shoot m and they aren't going 300 yds.They are not cape buffalo.

lol. I’ve had a couple get away from low, or gut shots with a 22-250. I am looking at building a 243. In a perfect world I shoot them good and they go down immediately. On coyotes that come running into the call, and stop facing, quartering, etc I am wanting something with more destructive results…. I hate tracking coyotes and do hunt tournaments where it has cost me a lot of time I should have been making stands…. Plus, who doesn’t need another gun lol.

We will see how this shakes out. Thanks for the input thus far guys.

Haha, well everyone's "season" is subjective, I start hunting in September a little, some in October, skip most all of November because of deer season and hammer them in December, January, February and a few days in March so my "season" is almost over!

I'll finish up well over 200 for the year and killed in 5 different states so far, if I take another trip I'll add some to the list!
Holy that's a pile of coyotes.👍
Up here in Canada I am approaching the 200 mark....but it's taken 10+ years.😆

lol. I’ve had a couple get away from low, or gut shots with a 22-250. I am looking at building a 243. In a perfect world I shoot them good and they go down immediately. On coyotes that come running into the call, and stop facing, quartering, etc I am wanting something with more destructive results…. I hate tracking coyotes and do hunt tournaments where it has cost me a lot of time I should have been making stands…. Plus, who doesn’t need another gun lol.

We will see how this shakes out. Thanks for the input thus far guys.

Ya know I'm the same exact way, but live out west where the shots can be as long as you can see sometimes and they get hung up. I used a 25/06 for the first 15 years or so with 85/100/115g NBTs. Then I wanted something a little different in the 6mm flavor so I went 240 WBY with 87g VMAX. I never lost any dogs with a bad hit with either. Just a whole different class of power and destruction over the little 22 cals haha. Good hit, bad hit, it didn't matter. Now I just finished up a custom built 6 Creed and use the 108s ELDMs and again, it's pretty nasty. Same as a 243 at the end of the day which I believe is the best dog rifle, behind a 25/06 and 240 WBY that is 🤣

I have a 6 creed shooting 108’s. It hammers the coyotes. With that said I still prefer a 22-250 coyotes. You hit them with the 250 and they go down! I also prefer not blowing massive holes in them. Bobcat comes in I’d rather a small entrance hole than a hole
Exit hole when I’m saving fur

Back