6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last contribution and then I'll move on and leave this discussion to the more hard-core learned folks.

I bought my 6.5 CM at a time that many of today's serious devotees didn't even comprende what 6.5 stood for. It has obviously kept my life from being horrible even though it's a safe/closet sitter most of the time. Maybe I'll drag it out in the next couple of days and try again to see what I obviously missed the first time around. Or not.

Se02t0Yh.jpg

Sell it and get something else! If it is that bad sell it cheap-someone will buy it that likes the 6.5! Not worth losing any sleep over it. Rudy

Originally Posted By: rudymontanaSell it and get something else! If it is that bad sell it cheap-someone will buy it that likes the 6.5! Not worth losing any sleep over it. Rudy

I very seldom sell any gun that I buy, and I definitely don't lose sleep over any of them. And none of them define my life style.
grin.gif

Get a grip.
laugh.gif
Its all good. Like a few others I just find all of the fawning and mutual hugging over a rifle cartridge amusing. It's almost like a kid scoring at the drive-in for the firs time and he has to immediately tell all of his friends what a great deal it was in case they didn't know.

Different things for different folks.

I have no use for a rifle if it don't meet my expatiation and find it odd that anyone would waste safe space on something they don't care to use.
But I am a shooter not a collector.

Up to now we have had many choices and nothing to keep us from having what we want except maybe money.
As far as the Creedmoor I agree it is just over hyped. Don't get one and quit buying up all the best powder.

Originally Posted By: xphunternightcaller,
Curious to know what kind(s) of shooting, hunting, and competing you typically do?
Steel? Bench or field positions?
Practicing to what max distance typically (size of targets?)?
Hunting big game or varminting? Both?
What distances are you comfortable with when shooting under pressure.
Favorite field shooting position for hunting?
Comps? PRS, F-Class, local roving LR steel matches?

Nope. This is not a tinder profile. This has nothing to do with my preferred positions in fields, size, etc, only my opinion regarding a rifle cartridge. I get too mad when people make fun of my long range hmr with my march 8-80 scope. My self esteem can't handle another non-believer in my achievements with this caliber.

Again, this thread has nothing to do with anyone personally, strictly the merits of the crapmore. This is not a "getting to know you" thread.

And welcome to the canook joining the conversation/site. I'm sure he and I will get along just fine.

What am I missing that’s better at similar tasks? Medium range hunting and steel shooting out to let’s say 1200 yards?

I’m just asking so that I can trade my 6.5x47 for one.

The only thing I’ve ever found annoying about a 6.5 Creed was that it was just a copy of the Lapua, with a subtle change to avoid patent infringement, but that’s water under the bridge at this point.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerOriginally Posted By: xphunternightcaller,
Curious to know what kind(s) of shooting, hunting, and competing you typically do?
Steel? Bench or field positions?
Practicing to what max distance typically (size of targets?)?
Hunting big game or varminting? Both?
What distances are you comfortable with when shooting under pressure.
Favorite field shooting position for hunting?
Comps? PRS, F-Class, local roving LR steel matches?

Nope. This is not a tinder profile. This has nothing to do with my preferred positions in fields, size, etc, only my opinion regarding a rifle cartridge. I get too mad when people make fun of my long range hmr with my march 8-80 scope. My self esteem can't handle another non-believer in my achievements with this caliber.

Again, this thread has nothing to do with anyone personally, strictly the merits of the crapmore. This is not a "getting to know you" thread.

And welcome to the canook joining the conversation/site. I'm sure he and I will get along just fine.

Seemed like you were sensitive about things...Now I just know it was concerning marrying a March to a HMR.

I think you did a good job of describing the 6.5 Creed:
"The cartridge is fine. The marketing superb. The manufacturers offering fast twist barrels in factory for use of high bc bullets was well thought out. The factory ammo is excellent."

It is a medium sized round that works, and has the markets support.
It is just a performance level that may fit or may not fit into what you or others either want or don't want to do.
In this area, "there is nothing new under the sun."
Enjoy your catharsis.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

There, I've got it off my chest.

Now, about that WSSM thing .......a man just ain't a complete rifleman without a .25 WSSM & $100/box ammo!
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tnshootistDifferent things for different folks.

I have no use for a rifle if it don't meet my expatiation and find it odd that anyone would waste safe space on something they don't care to use.

Up to now we have had many choices and nothing to keep us from having what we want except maybe money.
As far as the Creedmoor I agree it is just over hyped. Don't get one and quit buying up all the best powder.

laugh.gif
Now that is perfect logic as to why everyone should be just like you.

If you're really that important, why are you so apparently insignificant?

Originally Posted By: Wood Smoke IIOriginally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

There, I've got it off my chest.

Now, about that WSSM thing .......a man just ain't a complete rifleman without a .25 WSSM & $100/box ammo!
smile.gif

Or at least a 25 WSSM and 400 pieces of new brass......
thumbup.gif

Greg

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: tnshootistDifferent things for different folks.

laugh.gif
Now that is perfect logic as to why everyone should be just like you.

If you're really that important, why are you so apparently insignificant?

First part: people like different things. Good.
Second part: I just shoot and enjoy accurate rifles. I don't know much about fine rifles with fine wood.Maybe I have never had the money to have pretty things I don't use.They are beautiful however.
Next: You have heard about the push to outlaw guns going on now I am sure.
Last: meant as a joke.

So if I am out of line I did not mean to be.
Yes. I am insignificant. Just one of millions.I am OK with that.

I still like the Creedmoor.

Originally Posted By: tnshootist
First part: people like different things. Good.
Second part: I just shoot and enjoy accurate rifles. I don't know much about fine rifles with fine wood.Maybe I have never had the money to have pretty things I don't use.They are beautiful however.
Next: You have heard about the push to outlaw guns going on now I am sure.
Last: meant as a joke.

So if I am out of line I did not mean to be.
Yes. I am insignificant. Just one of millions.I am OK with that.

I still like the Creedmoor.

I too like the Creedmoor. I'm just not into the crowd that sees is as part of the Second Coming.

No cartridge is perfect for any application. The all have strengths and weaknesses. That is why we do indeed have many cartridge choices.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistDifferent things for different folks.

As for comments about what someone else does concerning rifles they may or may not have. What purpose does it serve when you make an effort to tell someone that what they are doing is "odd" in your estimation in comparison to what you do? Along with the strange comment about buying up all of the "best powders". Who is doing that? Where I live reloading supplies are in good volume so I don't think any of my buying choices in the "best powders" is causing others to go without. And I have no idea what the "best powders" are anyway.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistIt was a Joke man. Lighten up.

Alas, that guy does not know how to lighten up. He very much enjoys being an AH every chance he gets. I finally got tired of putting up with his immature BS and put him on "ignore". Might be a good idea for you to do the same. Sure been a lot better for me. Lots better.

100 'ish comments, 1450 views... Just makes me want to buy a crapmore. I really want to see for MYSELF, what the hype is all about.

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: tnshootistIt was a Joke man. Lighten up.

Alas, that guy does not know how to lighten up. He very much enjoys being an AH every chance he gets. I finally got tired of putting up with his immature BS and put him on "ignore". Might be a good idea for you to do the same. Sure been a lot better for me. Lots better.

Your crying over WF is as tiresome as anything else. Get off your woe is me mentality and drink some tomorrow juice. Open it by any method wanted.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760

Your crying over WF is as tiresome as anything else. Get off your woe is me mentality and drink some tomorrow juice. Open it by any method wanted.

Hmmm...tell you what. If you have a problem with me stating facts about somebody then why dont you just put me on ignore and you will never have to deal with it ever again. Sound good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back