6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, if it happens, should make some heads explode for one reason or another. On both sides of the argument.
thumbup.gif

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread...cm#Post12741373

I can see it now. Some people will immediately be in a corner doing weird things to themselves out of joy and others out of grief.
laugh.gif

This adoption could solidify the future of the Creedmoor. Surplus components would be a decently cool fall-out effect.

I think it is a pretty darn good cartridge. I just find it hilarious all the fan-boys and the anti-creed crowd both shouting from the rooftops. It never isn't entertaining.

The 260 with 120gr bullets should have been a success for deer hunters. The 7mm WSM should have been a success for long range deer, elk, sheep. Neither were adopted by the masses. If the Creedmore becomes popular I might buy one but for now I will stick with my 270.

BTW my 270 digs the Barnes LRX which shoots flatter than the Creedmore so I may never switch.

Thanks nightcaller and Winny Fan, you 2 have riled the sheep and made me laugh. And I have to admit I just loved the pictures with the 6.5 cm comments. Just glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: joedThanks nightcaller and Winny Fan, you 2 have riled the sheep and made me laugh. And I have to admit I just loved the pictures with the 6.5 cm comments. Just glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time.

I think it was on 24 HCF that I first saw the Hill Street Blues urinal photo. It is a classic and its making the rounds.
Wherever it was that I saw it first, the funny part was a bunch of true 6.5 CM fans crucified the guy who posted it for several days for mis-spelling Creedmoor.
laugh.gif

There's no middle ground for most people when they see or hear 6.5 CM. I think that the cartridge is good but not good enough for me to buy a yellow Jeep and all of the appropriate matching clothing.
cool.gif

This photo is one of my favorite 6.5 CM photos.

kUbMTXZl.jpg

You guys are too much. I just look at the drop and drift out to 300 yards, about as far as I am going to shoot any animal in the field. Out to that distance, velocity trumps BC, so other calibers are better in my mind. Maybe if they factory loaded lighter bullets I would find it more interesting. I think the majority of hunters think they will be a super sniper and take coyote and big game at 1000 yards like they see on TV, but in the end 300 to 400 is a long shot. However, for a round that has only been out a short time it has a crazy number of factory loads. Last time I checked Midway had like 45 loads. Other odd but good calibers like 260, 7mm-08, and 25-06 only have about 20 to 30 loads listed.

Originally Posted By: Zen Archery.264 round has been around since the 50s
Creedmoor is just another platform launching the “round.”

If you're bound and determined to fall on your sword, don't use semantics to trip you up. You're gonna be major league bloody, dude, by the time you finish.

The .264 bore diameter was around far before 1954. The Swedes were playing with it in 1891 and came up with a cartridge that is still very useful today. The 264 Win Mag which was being rung out roughly in your time frame is a great cartridge, but it didn't start anything unless you have a very short attention span.

Originally Posted By: West.Mass.HunterSo....should I buy a 6.5 creedmoor
thumbup1.gif
or not
thumbdown.gif
??
blink.gif

I bought 3! Savage Stealth, Ruger Precision, and Savage 11/111.
One supressed, one not and one to hunt with.

Buy a few, then you too can be a sniper.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

There, I've got it off my chest.

Just say you don't understand ballistics, that would be easier.

Where's your ballistics tutorial to help us all understand the superiority of the 6.5 crapmore? You have obviously discovered something that defies conventional ballistic wisdom.

This is going to get good. This guy stepped into a pile that there's no way to get out without at least a little feces oozing between his toes! Let's see if he washes it off with a hose in the yard or tracks it through his shag carpet living room.......

(I'm enjoying this thread way more than I expected to)

This guy has got to be right up there with the guy that I talked to that inspired this thread. After I mentioned to him that I shoot longer ranges regularly he had to show me what the "real shooters" were using. So he brought his new savage crapmore in for show and tell. I'm fine with the rifle it was a good looking tactical version with a relatively high scope rail. then, he mounted his scope in Burris pepr on top giving him well over 2" from bore to crosshair. I did the obligatory shouldering of the braggerts rifle to a crosshair that wasn't even close to level.

I like this guy just as I'm sure I would get along just fine with any of you. Its just that the awkward attitude of infantile wisdom that results in the condescending attitude such as "just say you don't understand ballistics...." causes a deep peeve.

The cartridge is fine. The marketing superb. The manufacturers offering fast twist barrels in factory for use of high bc bullets was well thought out. The factory ammo is excellent. The first time long range guys that found the holy Grail on the first try.......they have stinky feet.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

There, I've got it off my chest.

What an -sshole comment!

nightcaller,
Curious to know what kind(s) of shooting, hunting, and competing you typically do?
Steel? Bench or field positions?
Practicing to what max distance typically (size of targets?)?
Hunting big game or varminting? Both?
What distances are you comfortable with when shooting under pressure.
Favorite field shooting position for hunting?
Comps? PRS, F-Class, local roving LR steel matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back