243 vs 243AI...

Originally Posted By: justin10mmYes, but when fireforming loads you don't get the added velocity of a finished case. You don't see the gain in performance until the second firing.
Dose

If FF with hand loads,one can push them too the max of the parent case.

"If FF with hand loads,one can push them too the max of the parent case."

Max loads in a standard chamber should produce more velocity than max standard case loads in an AI chamber.

We can go back and forth all night.

Originally Posted By: justin10mmYes, but when fireforming loads you don't get the added velocity of a finished case. You don't see the gain in performance until the second firing.

Sort of, depending. Work up a good accurate load and "fireforming" velocity will be somewhere between the two and closer in velocity to a formed case. With the 243AI a good "fireform" load will be about the same or a bit less velocity than with formed brass.

Originally Posted By: justin10mm

Max loads in a standard chamber should produce more velocity than max standard case loads in an AI chamber.

Of course they do.....but finding a fireform load you start at max and go from there. A good - accurate - load will be over max for the std. cartridge and it'll be considerably faster.

Originally Posted By: justin10mm"If FF with hand loads,one can push them too the max of the parent case."

We can go back and forth all night.

Sounds to me like your mind is already made up. So why bother ?

No sense in having 2 rifles to do the job of one. Your only gaining maybe 100-150 fps, and handloaded rounds in 243win are just as accurate as the ackely just dont get the fps gain. I dont see the reason for two rifles. Just my 2cents

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeThe average shooter/hunter will have a hard time wearing out a barrel.

As for the guys that shoot alot,a shot out barrel is no big deal.

yup.... barrels are cheap when you shoot a lot !

I'm not against the AI cartridges, the more the merrier.

I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing.

If you know your stuff, you should be able to debate either side of a topic.

Originally Posted By: justin10mmI'm not against the AI cartridges, the more the merrier.

debate this ... do you belong here ??

If I wanted to argue... I'd be talking to my wife and not on the computer !! LOL
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: justin10mm

So you're purposely trying to look like a fool.

"do you belong here ??"

No I Don't.

I'm opinionated.

I speak my mind.

When I make a joke, I usually get blank stares.

Every were I go I seem to annoy people I don't even know.

I was just trying to point out that there is no right or wrong side to the discussion.

That's what I thought we were having, a nice friendly discussion on the pros and cons of the AI cartridges.

A few of you guys need to lighten up, its nothing to get all worked up over.

Guns, shooting, and hunting are my passions, if I'm talking about any of them, I have a smile on my face. I wouldn't intentionally aggravate someone over the subject, I just sometimes forget that not every one is as light harted as I am.

But I don't think the name calling was called for, aren't we all on the same side?

Originally Posted By: justin10mmI'm just arguing for the sake of arguing.

LOL !
I don't even have a .243 ai . I do have .243 wins.

So what side I'm I really on ?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Catkiller Everybody shut up! Forget about both of them! Just buy a 6mm remington and your world will be in harmony once again. LOL!

only if it is a 6mm AI....
thumbup.gif

AI= PITA for little or no reason IMHO. The game arent gonna know they were shot with an AI so it doesnt have the same affect as telling your buddies how cool it is. 100 to 150 fps is a negligible increase in velocity.... Hey guys whats better .270 or 30-06
smile.gif

Back