22 Creedmoor - Updated with yote down

Originally Posted By: liliysdadOriginally Posted By: Huckleberry75I don't doubt that for a second. That's why I bought plenty of 6cm brass from GAP. This is a field gun, not a match gun and my initial brass should last me a good while.

I have a good conection in the reloading supply industry, so I feel confident that I will be able to scare up 1 box to try, initially.

I have a feeling you and I will be getting brass from the same place...and no, I dont worry about being able to get it.

It's a short trip to Mr Gene's...even shorter when I call ahead to Mr. Bailey.

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry75Originally Posted By: liliysdadOriginally Posted By: Huckleberry75I don't doubt that for a second. That's why I bought plenty of 6cm brass from GAP. This is a field gun, not a match gun and my initial brass should last me a good while.

I have a good conection in the reloading supply industry, so I feel confident that I will be able to scare up 1 box to try, initially.

I have a feeling you and I will be getting brass from the same place...and no, I dont worry about being able to get it.

It's a short trip to Mr Gene's...even shorter when I call ahead to Mr. Bailey.

Thank God...

Just a small update...

Been doing load workups with the bullets I happened to have on hand; 69gr SMK, 75 Amax, and 80gr Nosler Custom Comps. I had Varget, RL17, and managed to get my hands on a bit of 4350.

SO far, a little luck with the 80s...the gun simply does not like the 75s. At all. Speed sucks, accuracy sucks...just sucks. The 80s show some promise, but the 69s seem to be the ticket. I am still going to work with the 80s some more, and plan to get a hold of some Berger 70VLDs, and some Nosler 70gr RDF..

0.320" five shots at 100yds, just a tick over 3500 fps. 69gr SMK over 39gr of Varget. Im just starting to see a hint of pressure. I may back it off a tenth, and rock with it.

Last edited:
Back