I'm using 45gr sp right now. My rifle won't stabilize 40 gr but these are shorting and shoot better than 32 gr. Haven't had a splash yet. Only shot a couple though. Been thru and thrus.

Originally Posted By: mjfritz07I had two splashes with SP. Didn't end up to well lol. 40gr were marginal.

Lol. You will never convince them of that. The 204 is magic.

It's a sickness kinda like the 17hmr.

With special bullets, that can scarcely be had, the 204 is THE fur round (not). The 223 does the job just fine too with run of the mill bullets that are available.

Let not your heart be troubled. Run your 204. It kills fur just fine. Fur friendly is a myth in rifles. In truth it is called trapping. Otherwise take the hit on price and/or learn to sew.

That's truth.

Originally Posted By: mjfritz07Any demos on sewing anywhere?

Naw. You just have keep poking your own fingers Until you get it right. Heeee heeeee.

35 gr bergers do great on coyotes. Small whole in and no out, so I guess if you think you need to sew a .204 whole have at it. Ive been hunting with 223 for the last 15 years until last year and I bought a 204 and they are alot easier on fur.

And yes I agree trapping is the only true fur friendly way to put up fur. For someone like myself I sell my dogs on the hoof dont have time for all the prep work so my little 204 sure dosent make such a mess on the critters.

35gr. Bergers here too. But I much prefer IMR8208XBR powder. H4895 worked good also, but not as good as 8208 has.

Rem 7 1/2 primer. Hornady 40 gr V Max. CFE 223. 28.5 grs Load from Hodgdon. My velocity 3600. Data says 3769. Powder range 27.3 - 29.0.

I call more fox than yotes here in NY. The only reason I got te 204 was I had a dimension in 308, and TC doesn't make a 17. I wish they would. AND I'm a lefty.

Last edited:
Geez u guys need to keep the 35 bergers on he down low they are hard enough to get. My load is 30.3 gr of cfe223 and a 35 berger. And I've been using the 40gr bergers over 29gr of blc2 with better velocity than the cfe223 and it seemed to be cleaner burning than the cfe.

Back