******** #186 lbs ******** Story Added

Congratulations on a great cat, and thanks for sharing the story and pictures
thumbup.gif

AZspike--Man, OH, Man!!! You had me right on the edge of my computer chair the minute you mentioned you thought you heard something behind you. Since you were able to type up the story, I knew you hadn't been killed by a predator and I'm happy for that. My heart was really racing and it is great that you had enough self-composure to grab that shotgun and get off a killing shot!!! I'm not sure many of us would have been able to do that!!!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing this exiciting hunt with us!!!! Hunter of the Month!! FOR SURE!!!

Great hunt and story, you are a gifted writer... felt like I could see everything happening.

I just started carrying a shotgun(Cooey model 34) with me today on stands and all I had was some copper plated 3in #4 Buck. Half way through the day I was checking out the turrets on my new-to-me B&L 3200. I shot rocks down at the shore from the 200yd zero up and down from ranges out to 350yds. Worked out perfect.
As I was about to go I thought I'd better check to see if the ol relic of a single shot shotgun could handle that particular load. I knew what was coming just didn't know how nasty it would be. Violent is all I can call the recoil, kinda like when you get in an accident and do a quick mental check of your body to see if all is still intact. Lead #2's are gonna get the call from this point on.

Last edited:
WOW... great story! I'm glad you saw him in time! Great reaction time... I bet your heart was about pounding out of your chest.
Congrats! You got my vote for HOM.

I walked into a stand once and on the way back there was a lion track on top of my track in the sand. It was a little unnerving...

You have a great story here and I am glad you had a great outcome.

Pack

Hunter of the Month???? Sheesh.....I say HUNTER OF THE YEAR!

Awesome story, what an experience and rush that would be.

Congrats man.

Tony

HOM, HOY for sure. That was a great read. So much detail, after almost being kitty poop. He meant business my friend and he was coming to get you. He had already sized you up, and was coming in.

That will live in your mind for a long time.

Now go change your hunt title to 186 lb Mountain Lion killed..... You will get more views.....lol. Sell some tickets man. Did you buy a lottery ticket, cuz u just cashed in buddy.....lol

Thanks for sharing.

I'm with Tony Tebbe on this one! Hunt of the YEAR!!!! That was the best story I can remember reading.

This is really a hunt of a lifetime, and almost the last hunt of a lifetime!!!! :-0

I've had that "something is watching me" feeling before. It happened every stand last time I went solo hunting, and I won't solo hunt anymore because it. I would have been trying to quick draw my .357mag Security Six and put some rounds in the kitty.

Glad to hear your cat wrestling match was only getting it into the Jeep!

Whew! I noticed my heart rate rise a little just reading that! Can't imagine what it must have been like being behind that shotgun. Great story!

Back