.17 Hornet

Originally Posted By: ARCOREYI had thought about doing a Ruger into a 17AH at one time. A five round rotary mag 17AH or 17HH would be a fun little rifle. If they would just lose that 3 position safety and go back to the tang safety
cursing.gif

Now see I like the 3 position safety - very positive, safer while unloading, just as fast to off. I'm gonna sell my tang safeties.

Good to see that they're getting on the 17 HH wagon.

Originally Posted By: sigprosWhat I want is the Ruger lever action in a 17. They make them in 22 hornet. Would be a sweet little truck/packing around gun

I didn't know they did them in a lever action?? You're not referring to the No. 1/No. 3 single actions are you?? Either would be sweet.

Well I guess I was wrong. I swore they made the model 96 in a 22 hornet. But I can not find one anywhere. But it still would be a sweet gun

Originally Posted By: featherbombOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: Ridgeline17So CZ and Sako more than likely from overseas, and Savage and Ruger from stateside. Hmm.

I would love to have a Ruger #1 in 17 Hornet...

... but a CZ heavy barreled varmint will suffice for a while
smile.gif

Here ya go Cat.........

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Custom-Ruger-3-in-17-Ackley-Hornet.cfm?gun_id=100275303

I don't like the stock on the #3... and that guy really loves that gun at that price, cuz he's sure gonna have it a long time
lol.gif

Received my 17 Hornet today. I need to get some rings and find some time to get to the range. I will be shooting factory ammo to try it out and will load for it after that.

I have one and it is a great shooter. I have about 50 rounds out of my model 25 savage. Have a 22 hornet in a ruger 77/22. The savage right out of the box is a great shooter.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: GaryOGreat for ground squirrel work, but little else.

I figure it for a dandy called fox round.
Just a little better on moose than the 17HMR!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSIs yours the savage Mark?

Yes, the synthetic one.
Reb what was your first impression of it ? I picked one up in the laminate from Dicks. You got a deal on yours I seen one on gunbroker for 529 ish.

Wileybeak you have a model 25 in 17 hornet also ?

Originally Posted By: stuart_hayes
Reb what was your first impression of it ? I picked one up in the laminate from Dicks. You got a deal on yours I seen one on gunbroker for 529 ish.

Mine was $495 shipped. My first impression was good. I like the feel of it. Seems to be well built. I like the detachable mag and it has a spring to eject it when you depress the button. It has the heavy barrel. I mounted a 3-9x40 Burris FFII on it last night. Would like to have something stronger to see how tight of groups I can get but that is what I had laying around.

Could one of you guys post some Pics of the Ammo for 17ah and this new hornet?? Please!!! I have never seen one also put like .223 round in for comparison. Thanks Jeff

Back