1/4 moa

Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTROriginally Posted By: coleridgeCherry picking a single or few groups out of MANY don't count at all. It's not the best group that defines the rifle but an average. What it does CONSISTANTLY.

This is true and I think most of us understand this.
wink.gif

I think it is quite the opposite... Most guys shoot that ONE group & thinks that's what the rifle is capable of EVERY time & it just simply is not. It's easy to say "that's my fault" if it's not, or "I pulled that one". I've even heard it in the thread already "I'm just not shooting good today". No way it could be an un-tuned rifle
tongue.gif

One of the main reasons most the SR BR guys load at the bench, is so they can tune their load/rifle to the conditions THAT day & time.

---
I'm not bashing guys for posting the single groups. Congratulations it was a good one. Just don't go off saying your rifle is 1/4MOA shooter without backing it up with a #ell of a lot more evidence. It takes some very good equipment & a lot of work (load development) to have one... & the $500 factory ones that are; well only exist on the internet
unsure.gif

I said I've owned a 3/8 MOA rifle, and I currently have a 1/2 MOA rifle but I've never said I have/had a 1/4 MOA rifle, because I don't/haven't.
cry.gif
I hope to someday.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: DAAOriginally Posted By: ShovelheadaveOriginally Posted By: DAA
Not a factory rifle. But, it actually does shoot 1/4 MOA.

- DAA

I'd love to hear more about that rifle !!

.22BR w/zero freebore, .246 neck, Nesika K, Jewell HVR, Lilja HV, Lee Six HBR, Nightforce 8x32, custom bases/Kelbly rings.

It's the one in front with the fire breathing dragon burning down a prairie dog town painted on it. The other one is my .243AI, shoots almost, but not quite as good.

Rifles2.jpg

- DAA Them ain't Savages. I'd like to build a full blown bench gun one of these years on a Nesika or Borden action. I have a few Dakota Predators built on Nesika or Nisika type spin off actions. Never did get that straight as to exactly what actions Dakota is building their Predator rifles on. Grizz

Originally Posted By: DAAThis is what a 1/4 MOA rifle looks like at 100 yards.

BR-Agg.jpg

Five shot groups, except the lower right, which isn't a group at all, it was the mothball I used for sighters. And a fly that got splatted, though not near as much gut spray around the hole as the earlier fly splat pictured.

Not a factory rifle. But, it actually does shoot 1/4 MOA.

- DAA

I'd say these groups were shot with a true benchrest rifle. I've seen plenty of benchrest match targets that come in just about like that. Not to denigrate anyone's shooting skill, but pulling off groups like that is much more about knowing what the wind is doing and having your setup all dialed in. The triggers on these rifles break with a mere touch so it's not really about trigger control as it is when shooting ordinary sporters.

If I am wrong, and these targets were shot with anything other than a true benchrest rifle, then you are one [beeep] of a skilled shooter, DAA.

Not exacxtly a 1/4 MOA but this was shot by Ritch with his current coyote rifle. 6.8 AR with a 16" BHW barrea, a BTE gas block, BTE and a BTE FF tube. Far from a bench gun getting down to less than seven pounds IIRC. The Aggregate average for five groups was 0.432. This was shot at 100 yards so ignore the 200 yard printed target name.

68aggregate_zpsd9d18f12.jpg

Greg

Back