1/4 moa

couesman

I as a reloader am always looking for that 5 bullets in one small hole at a hundred yards (204 &243). Then i bought a bmag and it changed my perspective on acuaccy.

He must of found that mystical one holer!!
lol.gif

the accuracy of the bmag is 2 moa . Makes me feel good that i can get 1/4 moa out of my center fires. Savage 10 action with criterion 26 "barrel rifle basics target trigger and b&c stock. savage mod 11 243 varmint (stock).
I used to drive myself crazy trying to get that 5 shot bug hole group !

I like em natural, but I dont judge.

Breast accuaccymentation has come along way though.
perhaps enough to change my persective.

Last edited:
I can't say that I've had a true 1/4 MOA stock Savage yet, (I still haven't tried my new .223 Model 12 VLPDBM) but I can say I have one that goes under 1/2 MOA with a BHW barrel. My 20 Practical with the right loads will shoot under 1/2 MOA all day long out to 500 yards. My steel target set @ 500 yards shooting 40 grain V-Maxs.

2014-07-27074350_zpsfa728a33.jpg

Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTRI can't say that I've had a true 1/4 MOA stock Savage yet, (I still haven't tried my new .223 Model 12 VLPDBM) but I can say I have one that goes under 1/2 MOA with a BHW barrel. My 20 Practical with the right loads will shoot under 1/2 MOA all day long out to 500 yards. My steel target set @ 500 yards shooting 40 grain V-Maxs.

Sorry...but how would this show anything about the accuracy of a Savage? It doesn't have a Savage barrel...Apples and Oranges...Savage makes some nice rifles...but all too often folks make them into something they are not (truthful for any/all manufactures really) Most folks are not even aware as to what a true MOA rifle is, let alone a 1/4 MOA.

And this is not a jab directed specifically to you...but a general observation.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTRI can't say that I've had a true 1/4 MOA stock Savage yet, (I still haven't tried my new .223 Model 12 VLPDBM) but I can say I have one that goes under 1/2 MOA with a BHW barrel. My 20 Practical with the right loads will shoot under 1/2 MOA all day long out to 500 yards. My steel target set @ 500 yards shooting 40 grain V-Maxs.

Sorry...but how would this show anything about the accuracy of a Savage? It doesn't have a Savage barrel...Apples and Oranges...Savage makes some nice rifles...but all too often folks make them into something they are not (truthful for any/all manufactures really) Most folks are not even aware as to what a true MOA rifle is, let alone a 1/4 MOA.

And this is not a jab directed specifically to you...but a general observation.

No problem, it's a good general observation and I agree. No my post doesn't show anything about the accuracy of a Savage, (other than maybe the action) that's why I disclosed what barrel it is I'm using.

I agree most people don't know what a true MOA rifle is, let alone a 1/4 MOA. The best I've had in my umpteen years of experience was a .243 built on a Savage Varmint action with a 28" full 1" bull Criterion barrel using Lapua brass and 107 gr Sierras and it was a solid 3/8" MOA rifle. That was the one I used to shoot flies off of a target @ 100 yards with. Shot several flies with that rifle @ 100 yards. Talk about fun!

2013-06-16133932_zps444618ea.jpg

Last edited:

Not quite a .25 moa but darn close, but, would be with a better shooter or better eyes.

Here's the kicker. That's from the model 25 nobody seems to like but me.

This is what a 1/4 MOA rifle looks like at 100 yards.

BR-Agg.jpg

Five shot groups, except the lower right, which isn't a group at all, it was the mothball I used for sighters. And a fly that got splatted, though not near as much gut spray around the hole as the earlier fly splat pictured.

Not a factory rifle. But, it actually does shoot 1/4 MOA.

- DAA

Back