Best place for do it yourself predator hunt

But to recommend a certain place or area where one’s odds off success would be higher, where would that be? Lots of public access to hunting lands, lots of predators, whether coyotes, foxes and or bobcats.

It’s interesting looking back at the responses in 2005, seems to me that people were a lot more open about sharing good areas to hunt for non residents than they are in the present time. With OnX and updated aerial imagery those secret spots aren’t so secret anymore. In my opinion, there’s a little more greed amongst hunters when it comes to land access these days? I’m not saying it’s necessarily a bad thing, just have to work a little harder to find those hidden gems

It’s interesting looking back at the responses in 2005, seems to me that people were a lot more open about sharing good areas to hunt for non residents than they are in the present time. With OnX and updated aerial imagery those secret spots aren’t so secret anymore. In my opinion, there’s a little more greed amongst hunters when it comes to land access these days? I’m not saying it’s necessarily a bad thing, just have to work a little harder to find those hidden gems
man I can remember back in the late 70's - early 80's it was tough to find private ground to hunt. Then as now, you had a choice for public hunting, and man was it tough to hunt and accessibility was just as tough, especially when you shot something. In 89 I moved to WY. got a bunch of BLM maps, a tank of gas, and a lunch and went road riding to establish boundaries and potential hunting spots, this went on for a few years until I pinpointed "honey holes". As the years have progressed hunting properties have decreased and things have just became more difficult. With the internet things like harvest reports have at least made it easier to target regions or counties a fellow might want to start trying. There's no doubt that hunters mentality has also changed over the years.

I've been retired 15 years and some years hunt as many as five states. Before I retired I'd take long hunting trips hunting and fishing. Between wives I took 7 years off and spent the time hunting, trapping, fishing and just working odd jobs to make ends meet.

Eastern Montana is a coyote hunter's paradise. State land a plenty and coyotes out the wazoo. Everyone wants to go to the west end of the state but the east side has a lot to offer. As long as you are not afraid of a little desolation you will do well. Coyote hunting is not regulated, it is encouraged. We have a large amount of cattle ranching out here. Coyotes can be a pain during calving season. Here are some tips. Get ONX and learn how to use it. I hate technology so that one pains me. However, State land is not clearly marked out here. You will get the most out of your hunt if you are not second guessing yourself. Good snow and grass camo are essential. I use a ghili suit when there is no snow. Most of the time I just use the jacket portion because I prone out. Which is another point worth discussing. You are going to be hunting the prairie so I would bring a bipod. Many hunters prefer the shooting sticks and I am definitely a fan of them. Out here you are just going to have many great hunting areas that just are not going to lend themselves to the sticks. Sometimes you are just going to have to get low in the grass and play the wind. Bring your sticks as well but I am just telling you that many areas are devoid of trees. You are going to be hunting land you have no experience on so come prepared. Lastly, bring your thermal underwear, it can get a bit cold. Feel free to get with me about particulars. You will not be disappointed. Shoot for sometime after mid December. That is when the real action begins.

Eastern Montana is a coyote hunter's paradise. State land a plenty and coyotes out the wazoo. Everyone wants to go to the west end of the state but the east side has a lot to offer. As long as you are not afraid of a little desolation you will do well. Coyote hunting is not regulated, it is encouraged. We have a large amount of cattle ranching out here. Coyotes can be a pain during calving season. Here are some tips. Get ONX and learn how to use it. I hate technology so that one pains me. However, State land is not clearly marked out here. You will get the most out of your hunt if you are not second guessing yourself. Good snow and grass camo are essential. I use a ghili suit when there is no snow. Most of the time I just use the jacket portion because I prone out. Which is another point worth discussing. You are going to be hunting the prairie so I would bring a bipod. Many hunters prefer the shooting sticks and I am definitely a fan of them. Out here you are just going to have many great hunting areas that just are not going to lend themselves to the sticks. Sometimes you are just going to have to get low in the grass and play the wind. Bring your sticks as well but I am just telling you that many areas are devoid of trees. You are going to be hunting land you have no experience on so come prepared. Lastly, bring your thermal underwear, it can get a bit cold. Feel free to get with me about particulars. You will not be disappointed. Shoot for sometime after mid December. That is when the real action begins.
Thanks for the tips on the big sky country. I definitely will get in touch if in fact I do get a chance to get out there.👍

After I retire, I am thinking of doing a little guiding for coyote hunters out here. I think predator hunters need more opportunities for reasonable hunts out west. The wife was born and raised in western PA so she can cook like nobody's business. I really have a lot of access out here to state lands just infested with coyotes. Who knows? Talk to me in two years.

Megaton what part of PA is the wife from? If you wanna come with me for some PA coyote hunting if you ever make it back here to visit family or anything get with me

After I retire, I am thinking of doing a little guiding for coyote hunters out here. I think predator hunters need more opportunities for reasonable hunts out west. The wife was born and raised in western PA so she can cook like nobody's business. I really have a lot of access out here to state lands just infested with coyotes. Who knows? Talk to me in two years.
that would be great, have you heard of the coyote craze college, or whatever it’s called. Pretty cool idea!

Cool, I hunt a bunch of ground in Tionesta area too. Got lucky to get one with a land owner who owns a couple thousand acres on 10 + properties out there. I love the area, but there is a ton of guys calling up that way. We still do well usually when we head that way

Back