LBL Hunt dates

Hey Bopeye, it's good to see you post. As for me bein da man, I ain't exactly feeling like it this year. I haven't gotten the pattern down yet up there. Last year by this time I had called in 30 of those beggars. This year , one in the LBL. I heard several reports of midday activity from the duck hunters. Tracks confirm some of that. I also believe human pressure has them way out on the points to avoid all the human traffic during the day. Some crappie fishermen reported seeing them out there both early and late in the mornings. They have me as puzzled as we were two years ago :rolleyes: Jimmie

Jimmie,

Coyote hunting can be a very humbling experience can't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My success has often been directly related to pure dumb luck and doing the "wrong thing" that turned out alright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I try to out-think coyotes and sometimes I'm impressed with my results... Sometimes I just do anything and everything I can think of and get lucky (or not). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I regret to inform everyone that I definitely can't make it to LBL this year... My home in south Florida is sold and I have a closing Feb 4th after which I have to move 400 miles... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BUT!!! I'll be in much better hunting territory in north Florida and much closer for the next LBL which I fully intend to come to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

$bob$

Just thought Id let you fellers know Ive been doing some scouting up in lbl for the past few weeks, lots of sign. I just cant seem to find there travel patterns down yet. They seem like there all over the place, never in the same place twice. Jimmy, Ive been all over areas 1-3 and it dosent look good. They either have a extra large travel range or there two small groups and dont travel very far.I hope they do somthing soon other wise its gona be agervating. Skeetshooter/ Stephen..

Welcome to the board Stephen! Hope you figure out them rascals this week. I'll be down there on friday, Lord willing. See you there. kyray

Thanks KyRay, Glad to be here. Ive been a member for about a month now. I just havent been able to get in on any discussions yet. I meet jimmie up at goldon pond a few weeks back, a super guy he gave me alot of helpful hints, advise, and pointers.I cant wait to meet you guys I feel like I already know yall by your forums. Sounds like theres alot of ribbing that goes on in here, sound like yall have a good time. LOL
Stephen...

Ribbing????? At the LBL Hunt? .......No Way!
:eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brent

Yep Stephen, you'll get to meet some of the best there are. We have drive by Keekee Treekiller aka Ilcoyote and Rock chucker Stan just for starters. I guess since Plumbrich got here today I am officially one up on ya Keekee already. Ya better hurry up :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Jimmie

Yea first day of coyote season on lbl, boy it was great for this rookie, called in 3 nice sized does and 2 really well colored red tail hawks. What no coyotes! Well that is just my luck see every animal known to man except what I am looking for. I have been trailing a small pack for a week waiting for this day, when the rookie will go out and show them something. Well I showed them when the day was done I killed the prettyest colored well conformed plastic jug in the woods. (had to clear moisture out of barrel). They weren't in the bottoms ,on the ridges , or in the draws at anytime I was. **** happens try again tommorow. That must be why they call it huting. Got to luv lbl. Jimmie got jeep?

Im heading outa here about 4:00am! If the weather is good????? I dont think they know what its going to do here, rain sleet,snow or ice, then I should be there around 10:30am or so! Just enough time to get checked in and get in a few stands before dark! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You cheated Jimmie! Not fair!

Brent

$55.65 that is if you get it from the inter net at ky fish and wild life site. Looks like mike and me are heading out this evening. Stan, jesse, and lance tomorrow morning if not late tonite.

I wont be able to hunt friday, but I am coming up. Ill be up there right after work about 4 to 4;30 what time is everyone going to meet on saterday to go hunt. I just cant wait, I hope I can call up and "KILL" my first coyote. Ive been trying my best to learn there patterns and find where they are. Ive been up there every chance I can get. If I cant one of you pros might have to help me. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think Ill have a pretty good time though if I dont.Stephen

Friday night we get to know one onather and put some faces with some handles. Ideas are cussed and discussed and palns for the following morning are made.Every one scatters before first light on saturday morning . They sometimes return around noon before they scatter again for the afternoon. We all meet again on saturday night to hash over mistakes and dead trees.Sunday morning is a repeat of saturday. All come in to say adios around 11 before everyone heads for home. That's about it. Nothing to it, no big deal or anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Ya riiiight! Jimmie

Geez, Jimmie, I can'at believe you wrote that account and didn't mention Wayne's Chili. Heck, that's the only reason I'm coming, cause you've already shown me for two years that there isn't a single yote in that whole LBL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I hope the cell phone # I have for you is still correct. Frank (formerly Bunny Boy) and I will hit down that way around noon or just before. I'll punch up your cell, probably just about the time you get a yote coming your way. Ha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sorry I couldnt make it to wranglers to meet everyone.Ihad to hurry home for work.But I did get to hunt today and my partner kiled a 36 pound male in area 3.Hey jimmie do you drive a red and white truck?I think I passed you in area 5 around noon.

Back