LBL Hunt dates

Still didnt get it Jimmie....Try this one..

keescalls@yahoo.com

So, you did get the Heads up e-mail.

If you cant get threw e-mail send me a Pm here.

Brent

I hope I'm not out of line suggesting this being a newbie to the LBL hunt, but it occured to me that it might be really interesting if we knew any hound hunters (legal?) who would bring some running hounds down. I'd love to get involved in a hound hunt sometime. Of course, this wouldn't keep us from going calling as everybody couldn't all tag along behind the hounds everyday. But that might net another coyote or two. I guess it could be quite a hassle for a houndman to keep a pack of hounds around camp for a couple of days but.....

GC,
That brings up a very interesting question: Are coyote chase dogs legal on LBL? If anyone is thinking about bringing hounds it would be prudent to call the LBL office first. No where can I find references on this subject at either the LBL or TWRA website.

As per LBL regulations:
“Coyotes may be taken during daylight hours in any open hunting season with weapons specified for that season. Hand, mouth, or electronic calling devices are permitted for taking coyotes. During the month of February, centerfire rifles and handguns may be used for coyote hunting.”

Source link:
http://www.lbl.org/SmallGameGuide.html

I been looking myself and cant find any info on it either. I have a small decoy dog a Jack Russell that I am working with and had thought I may bring him along but I cant find any info on it either. I will be working with him all season, the lbl would be a good work out for him. And a good time of year to use him to. I want to get some fotage of him in the video.

I may give them a call in the morning, and see what I can find out.

Brent

I have a small decoy dog, a Jack Russell...
Hey Brent, there's some big coyotes on LBL. Last year Plumbrich found they often come in hard and fast... Ya' better use at least 100# test line on that "lure". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

100 pound test won't do him any good Chet. He's the one that nicknamed them drive by yote's. Went by him so fast he didn't even get the safety off'n that fancy little semi auto. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

He'll need at least 200 pound line and some of those yo yo reels we use for limblining cats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brent I have a few 8/o hooks around somewhere to hook in that pup's collar if ya need'em /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Jimmie

The yotes seem to be even thicker this year I have seen them on most bow hunts there this year.Havent had any come to the mouse squeck yet.But I know its only a matter of time.Ill probably be bring my r.v. for the weekend.

200# Test? Im going to hook him to my 6/0 Penn reel! Should be a good fight?

Yep, Sure enough, dive buy coyotes! For sure! I sure cant get the gun on them fast enough sometimes!

All joking a side...I have realy like working with this dog. Very interesting for sure. I have like the results. I would love to see how the LBL coyotes like the decoy dog! And I think he is up for the job. He stays close and seems to know his limets. I do keep him on a long check core in the thick cover. And will be packing a shotgun some down there to.

Hey! He just told me to tell you all he was upset that you didnt think he could hold his own down there! Said he was ready!

Brent

I have been asked to give some details about this hunt by some who are interested in it.

This came about a couple of years ago as an oportunity for those of us here in the east to get togehter and do a little hunting . We got to put some faces with the names on the board and meet some really great friends. We all aren't able to get together often enough. It was and is a great way to meet in an informal setting and just plain have some fun, once in a while at someone elses expense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And once in a while at my expense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

All that is required is that you be a member of this board. Follow the laws and rules for the state in which you hunt. And keep in mind that safetey is first.

You can contact http://www.lbl.org for info on cabins, maps and hunting regulations.

That is the slow time of the year for Wranglers camp and there should still be plenty of cabins left. We haven't filled them yet but maybe someday this hunt will be big enough to do so. The LBL is around four hundred square miles of prime wildlife habitat that gets a lot of use by humans during the year.The coyote population is roughly estimated at one for every square mile. There are all color phases of the coyote present here, from almost white to solid black and every color in between. The terrain can be very rough and hard to hunt due to thermal winds from the sister lakes, Ky and Barkley. All who have been there in the past will agree that this place will test your skills and make you question your sanity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Febuary is centerfire coyote season ,which is why we hold it then, Tennessee has some crazy weapons regulations that none of us believe contribute to clean kills during the earlier seasons which limit us to rimfire and shotguns.

Weather here at that time of year can be fickle to say the least so be prepared for anything from balmy to artic blast's.

BTW anyone caught with radio blaring at two in the morning, in front of my cabin, will be uncerimoniously dumped in the nearest half frozen horse trough. I'm sure GC will be quite willing to assist me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Jimmie

And if we can't find a half frozen horse trough, we'll throw ya in the nearest fire! Yea ha, we're having some fun now!

If I wanted to bring a trailer camper and use full hookup would I be able to camp near y'all in your cabins? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

$bob$

Idhunter
Yes there are many hook up sites in the wrangler camp. Contact them for info on water and the like. For this info call 270-924-2200 Hope this helps.

Originally posted by keekeeyelp:
[qb]Ok...Got the cabin...#B-14 From Feb 3rd - Feb 7th.
[/qb]
Brent,

I called the campground and talked to a woman there that told me there isn't a B-14 cabin. She didn't seem very interested in giving me information on the phone so maybe she was just being uncooperative. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

She also said that some of the campsites were "nowhere near" any of the cabins but didn't seem interested in trying to assist and seemed a bit confused herself... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Does anyone have a jpeg (scanned or photo) of the campground showing the sites? I would think it would be a LOT easier to try to get everyone close together if we could all see a map.

$bob$

ShotTaker,

No email yet.. Be sure to send to...

bobwmonahan@earthlink.net

***Update.. It just arrived... Thanks... ***

The map is VERY helpful. Thanks...

Where are the cabins?

btw... I'm LDHunter... Not IDHunter. I'd change it but would have to start over and I have a "small number" cuz I've been here a LONG time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LDHunter stands for Long Distance Hunter.

$bob$

Thassalright... Everyone else get's it wrong too... Most other forums I used CAPS so there's no mistaking it.

Does anyone know where the cabins are on this map?

$bob$

Sorry, Posted wrong! Its cabin B-15! Just got a letter from them today with all the paper work in it.

If Im thinking wright, there were camp sites right there by the cabins! Cant remember for sure but I think so.

I have never had any trouble out of them they are always very helpful when I call, dont understand that. Must have got one in a bad mood I gess! Dont know?

Brent

Looks to me like Area "B" Site 17 or 18 would put you around our cabin. ( I think )

Back