Palmetto State Armory

It is a 1/7 twist and they call it an A2 profile. Pretty light for sure.

Complete rifle is 6.2# without scope and mounts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Yellowhammer

With some swap outs,how light could it be? And when you going to give a range report on it?

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerWhat kind of swap out?

I have the scope and Venatic has my mounts. As soon as we can get together, I will see how it shoots.

Tube and stock and maybe a lighter gas block. I would like to have a lightweight SHTF but dont want to go the route I took for the 204 build I am working on. But then I again I shouldnt go cheap on survival rifle either. A 1/7 is good for what weight bullets?

Quote:Tube and stock and maybe a lighter gas block.

I don't think any of those could be much lighter unless the tube was carbon fiber.

1/7 should shoot everything even the 77 grains I would think.

I still have not had an opportunity to meet up with Venatic and pick up my scope mounts from him. He was headed to Alabama today so I don't know when we will get together.

Will mount the scope and do some shooting as soon as I can.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerI still have not had an opportunity to meet up with Venatic and pick up my scope mounts from him. He was headed to Alabama today so I don't know when we will get together.

Will mount the scope and do some shooting as soon as I can.

Was there alot of tornados that went through there the other day and expecting more? Alabama that is. I think I would avoid that place for awhile.

Storms are done here. More flooding than tornadoes, though there were some tornadoes & some deaths from them.

Originally Posted By: dan158Originally Posted By: Yellowhammer

With some swap outs,how light could it be? And when you going to give a range report on it?

6.2 lbs. is pretty dang light. I have the same MI handguard and they are probably the lightest on the market without going carbon fiber. Might be able to lose a little with an ace stock or something but I don't think it would be a noticeable difference.

Originally Posted By: kpkieferOriginally Posted By: dan158Originally Posted By: Yellowhammer

6.2 lbs. is pretty dang light. I have the same MI handguard and they are probably the lightest on the market without going carbon fiber. Might be able to lose a little with an ace stock or something but I don't think it would be a noticeable difference.

That is kinda light when think about it.

Back