It happened to me

Originally Posted By: kal52Travis, I think you and I are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Only if you agree with me.

Travis

I have no doubt youll try your best to make that happen
lol.gif

If you ever find yourself arguing in favor of a law enforcement officer taking a legally possessed firearm from a law abiding, United States citizen, you're probably wrong.

Travis

and I hope I never do

at the time the gun was taken the OP did not legally possess that firearm
it was still as far as we know still the tenants property

Originally Posted By: kal52and I hope I never do

Prove it.

Because now what you're implying, is that the property owner was breaking the law. Which is not how he explained the situation at all. He stated the state he resides in allows him to take keep the items, and assume full ownership after X amount of days.

So show me how he wasn't legally possessing that firearm.

Travis

prove what?

I never once implied he was breaking the law, in fact I don't know what the private property laws in his state are

Like I said earlier, im no lawyer or Leo, and I don't know the laws of his state, im basing my arguments on what little info the OP gave.

Up until that date the gun still belongs to the tenant, what I am saying is that the LEO may have thought it best to bring the gun in, and keep it at the station until the owner forfeits it. At which time the OP can come and get it, yes the cruddy ffl deal sucks.

remember, there were drug/para at the residence along with the gun, which also belonged to the ex tennants

Last edited:
ok I re read my previous post and can see where you may have gotten the whole implication thing.

I did not mean to imply that he did anything illegal.
apologies to the OP

Originally Posted By: kal52

Your words. Not mine.

And if you are going off the OP, the cop plainly stated he was entitled to the firearm.

Travis

Originally Posted By: kal52ok I re read my previous post and can see where you may have gotten the whole implication thing.

I did not mean to imply that he did anything illegal.
apologies to the OP

Forgiven.

Travis

deflave 1 - kal52 0

If you ever find yourself arguing in favor of a law enforcement officer taking a legally possessed firearm from a law abiding, United States citizen, you're probably wrong.

Travis

This sums it up nicely. Now everyone play nice.

Back