What was your First Gun?

my first gun was a nef 20 gauge shotgun. I bought it from my neighbor and love it. i still use it today and even use it for deer every now and then. It is my small game gun and it is probly still my faverite gun. i just love the little guy. I shot my first pheasant with it. I got it when i was 12 and will never get rid of it.

------------------
have fun and shoot straight
brad

My very first gun was when I was around 8 years old My dad bought a junky .22 at a pawn shop for 25$. he had it blued and sold it to me for 25$. I shot many animals with that gun. Untill it broke. Quit ejecting shells, I sold it off for fifty dollars and my dad baught me a weatherby .22 for my birthday that I use now.

My first gun was a FIE .410 shotgun my dad bought at a gun show. The barrel and stock had been shoened just right to fit a kid. I was 6. My second gun was a singleshot springfield .22 I got it about 15 minutes later
biggrin.gif
Got them both for christmas, just happened to unwrap the .410 first
biggrin.gif
I'd been using my dads .410 pump for abotu a year, and he figured I oughtta have one of my own to fit me. I still have them both, saving htem for my kids since I've moved on to semi-autos and 12 guages
biggrin.gif
I've never sold a gun.

Remington Model 870 12 Gauge. got her for christmas when i was 12.

------------------
" DON'T ruin a good deer by running your mouth "

Mine would be my dad's old ruger 10/22, got it when I was 10, me and my dad went shooting for the 3rd time and on the way back he said I could have it. That 10/22 is in my gun cabinet now. It has to be 20+yrs old.
Matt.
PS: Badmedicine, did you used to go to varminthunter.com forums, before it crashed?

------------------
Liberty Or Death-Don't Tread On Me
Molon Labe!
"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say goodbye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand.-- The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!"

I bought my first gun right after I turned 18. I went into the gun store looking for a 30-30 and came out w/ a Russian SKS, $139 plus tax.

Still have it, and won't ever sell it. Last used it coyote hunting during the Christmas holiday.

Redneckmatt270, yes, I was a Mod there.
smile.gif
Did you go by a diff handle there? I don't recall this one
confused.gif

Daisy cutter: Good deal, I'd take an SKS over a 30-30 anyday...I really hate that caliber
smile.gif

I was RedneckMatt, or SavageSniper, I think. Come over to www.huntchat.com to visit me, Skinny Shooter and Varmintsniper308. Try to find some of the other people that were there and we can all have a reunion! Grittr Gitter? Wasn't he at varminthunter.com? Used an CAR-15 and ussualy hunts yotes in the desert, Arizona?
Matt.
PS: I emailed varmintsniper308 and told him to get skinny shooter and bring him here.

------------------
Liberty Or Death-Don't Tread On Me
Molon Labe!
"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say goodbye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand.-- The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!"

I think it's great that you guys have started this forum for the younger guys. My oldest boy ought to be posting soon.
My first rifle was a Mod. 67 Winchester .22 that my Dad bought for me when I was one. He had me shooting seriously by the time was 3. I shot that old single shot til I was 10 when he bought me a Mod. 781A Marlin .22. I passed the Winchester on to my nephew when he was 3. He is now 21 and it is still his favorite rifle. I still have the Marlin and have dispatched packrats to deer with it over the years. I was considering refinishing the stock a while back, but could'nt bring myself to do it. Nearly every scratch and ding on it is a memory. From running around our old ranch back home in Montana to shooting ptarmigan in Alaska, sneaking up on prairie dogs in South Dakota, hunting gophers and blue grouse on the N. Fork of the Tongue river in Wyoming, to the present hunting Abbert Squirls with my boys here in Arizona. The stock on this rifle is a 30 year road map of some of the best times I've had in my life. My boys now shoot a Mod. 514 Rem. .22 single shot and a Davey Cricket .22. I was thinking of getting my oldest boy a CZ 452 Classic .22 for his next birthday, so he can start working on his own memories. Later Jeff

My first firearm was a Ruger 10/22, which I got when I graduated kindergarten (hey it only took 8 tries)
biggrin.gif

I still have this gun today, it's a bit tricked out from it's original factory configuration, and will alway's remain my favorite .22.

Ryan

My first was a Winchester model 37 single shot 20 ga. My dad gave it to me when I was 9 and he got it from his dad when he was 10. I have no idea how old it is but it's old enough there's no serial number on it that I can find.

I'd hate to try to count all the dove, quail, rabbits, ducks and turkeys I've killed with this little gun, or even the miles I've carried it over the years. I still use it just because I like the size, weight, and balance of it.

My first rifle was a old springfeild 30-06 that had been sporterized. When I was 14.

My dad started me on refinishing the stock and I thought that he was just making me do his dirty work again.

Christmas morning came a few months later and the unfinished stock was under the tree with my name on it. Needless to say the stock was refinished in just a matter of days.

I have yet to kill anything bigger than small furry critters with it, though everybody else has done it. My little brother shot his first elk with it last year, and a friend got a coyote with it this year. Someday I will get something bigger than a coyote, please god!?

My first gun was a .410 single shot. I got it from my dad one Christmas. The next day I went to the range to test it out. I stood on the traphouse and shot clays all day.And I have a Remington .308 for deer hunting. Red Tadpole

Mine was a .410 as well. The first animal I got with it was a rabbit and I can still see that rabbit jumping the log when BAM, I got em. Remmember it like it was yesterday. Great memory.

------------------
uta-flag1s.gif

Gun Control is hitting your target.
fdf4bb2e.gif

My first was for me and my brother, I was 4or5 and my brother was 7or8 and Santa Clause brought us a Rem Speedmaster 22 autoloader. That was probably the best Christmas I can remember having as a kid. My brother has that old gun and his 2 oldest boys are cutting there teeth on it now, man those were the days we use to go to the ranch and hunt rabbits till no end, wished i had a dollar for all the jackrabbits that gun has accounted for not to mention the memories. Geez! Topic like this tend to make a fella alittle teary eyed thinking about the memories.

------------------
It`s not the size of the weapon, It`s the force of attack.

David Neff

[This message has been edited by Neffquail (edited 03-06-2002).]

My first gun was a savage .22lr loved that gun shot many birds and squrial with it. Got it when I was 12, just recnetly traded it in for a remington 597 .22lr It was hard to part with but I love this gun as much as I did the old one.

Back