-------SHORTED by Hornady!?!?!---------

Status
Not open for further replies.
This amazes me! Some get pretty riled up over a couple words...

If "screwed" really hurts your feelers that bad, Ive taken some [beeep] chewings that would send ya to the Dr. Phil show!

Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: CoverDogIf you deposited $100,000 in the bank and then your statement said $99,000 would you be upset? It's still only a 1% mistake the same as 99 instead of 100 bullets.

It all comes down to when do you want to take a stand.

You're absolutely right.....only a 1% mistake. No difference at all between $1,000 and a .$14 bullet. Raise h#ll about a $.14 bullet. Tell the world. Nevermind common sense, it's the principle.

Ackman is a tool I have seen his #$@@%&%* on many other threads. So blopez never mind him he just likes to listen to himself talk.

most of these companys use a scale to measure the exact wait of 100 brass or bullets or whatever. Its called scale counting and if the scale is always zero'd and a new and accurate tare weight is used its a good method. but if its off you either get shorted or a couple extra.

Originally Posted By: blopez50This amazes me! Some get pretty riled up over a couple words...

Heck, a bullet short isn't even worth mentioning. What amazes me is someone would start a thread about it and tell everyone how they were "screwed."

Hornady Nutswingers Club. Where do I join?

If you were shorted a bullet on 2 consecutive boxes, I would bet Hornady would want to know about it. Might have something off in processing, packaging, etc.

Wouldn't take long for everyone here who bought Hornady bullets to start crapping on them if all their boxes were 1 short. I can assure you that.

Hit 'em up and let them know what you experience. They'll probably want to know lot # so have that handy and see what they say. Can't hurt.

Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: blopez50This amazes me! Some get pretty riled up over a couple words...

Heck, a bullet short isn't even worth mentioning. What amazes me is someone would start a thread about it and tell everyone how they were "screwed."

What he said.

Jeeze - call them and tell them - you will get the replacements in the mail in no time. No company is perfect, and to suggest that Hornady "Screwed you" is paranoid childishness at best, and pure ignorance at worst.

Plus, if you call them, I guarantee that you will crack up laughing at their phone message. It is the best I have ever heard.

Get a life! The world is not out to "get you", you aren't that important!

Meow.

Originally Posted By: blopez50I dont think I was harsh at all! They'd have to be pretty thin skinned to get upset over that post!

Every bit of my reloading set up is hornady, all I shoot is hornady bullets (223 & 308). When I run out of these, Ill buy vmax again. Im a very faithful hornady customer and will continue to be. It just struck me as odd and I figured id post and see if I was alone.

If youre mass producing anything at quantities they are, youre gonna have a few mistakes here and there!

Edit: In retrospect, maybe "screwed" wasnt the right word but I through that one around pretty loosely!

if anyone read the whole thread they would have seen what blopez50 had said in the quote above. everyone says things at times that they know was a mistake,at least blopez50 admitted that and wrote on this thread that maybe it wasn't the right word to use. cut him some slack
thumbup1.gif

Blopez, I still can't figure why these guys are riding you so hard over this! Some people just can't handle constructive criticism! It must put their panties in a bunch! I will tell you, though, that when I first started frequenting this site I had a post that got alot of attention and somehow it turned into something I hadn't expected and it was eventually locked! I learned rather quickly to watch how I word things. SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE TRUTH!
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: Ricky BobbyBlopez, I still can't figure why these guys are riding you so hard over this! Some people just can't handle constructive criticism! It must put their panties in a bunch! I will tell you, though, that when I first started frequenting this site I had a post that got alot of attention and somehow it turned into something I hadn't expected and it was eventually locked! I learned rather quickly to watch how I word things. SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE TRUTH!
mad.gif

What truth?

The truth is that if the post had been titled.....anyone else noticed this....or....anyone else had this problem....things would not be where they are now.

The truth is when you title your post with exclamation points and all CAPS it means to most that you are cursing and yelling. No one here was upset that the word 'screwed' was used.....I can handle any cursing with the best of them. But, when you see someone cursing and yelling at Hornady, then you open up the thread and read that the 'victim' was shorted 2 bullets, and had not even contacted the company yet....well I call overreaction.

The truth is that no one knows if the bullets were actually shorted by Hornady.....I have witnessed people pulling bullets from unopened boxes at the store....I have also personally had bullets arrive from Midway that some how fell into the shipping box from the unopened box of bullets. I have also found bullets under my loading bench that I dropped and never knew....so IMHO it is about a 25% chance that the 'victim' was actually 'SCREWED BY HORNADY'.

The truth is that there are things to get upset about, and things to never give another thought. When you scream and yell about one of the things that most would never give another thought, you should be prepared to take a little heat over it.

Originally Posted By: Double_DOriginally Posted By: Ricky BobbyBlopez, I still can't figure why these guys are riding you so hard over this! Some people just can't handle constructive criticism! It must put their panties in a bunch! I will tell you, though, that when I first started frequenting this site I had a post that got alot of attention and somehow it turned into something I hadn't expected and it was eventually locked! I learned rather quickly to watch how I word things. SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE TRUTH!
mad.gif

The truth is when you title your post with exclamation points and all CAPS it means to most that you are cursing and yelling.

The word SHORTED was in caps. Screwed was not. And the !!!!, I thought I was just trying to make it more visually "catching" so more people would read it AND answer my original question. But you're prob right. Look at my posts, I do that A LOT. I was prob yelling and cursing in them too!

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...478#Post1901478
That one should be read as: "Give me your [beeep] A2 upper [beeep]!!!!!

And to the 25%, the bullets were in bags. Sealed. There's always the chance that I lost em on the bench but I had just cleaned it and think the chances of only losing 1 bullet out of each bag is 4%.

As for contacting them: I hadn't because IT DIDN'T MATTER (that seems to be hard to grasp...)! I simply asked if it happened to others. It really was that simple!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: blopez50Originally Posted By: Double_DOriginally Posted By: Ricky BobbyBlopez, I still can't figure why these guys are riding you so hard over this! Some people just can't handle constructive criticism! It must put their panties in a bunch! I will tell you, though, that when I first started frequenting this site I had a post that got alot of attention and somehow it turned into something I hadn't expected and it was eventually locked! I learned rather quickly to watch how I word things. SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE TRUTH!
mad.gif

The truth is when you title your post with exclamation points and all CAPS it means to most that you are cursing and yelling.

The word SHORTED was in caps. Screwed was not. And the !!!!, I thought I was just trying to make it more visually "catching" so more people would read it AND answer my original question. But you're prob right. Look at my posts, I do that A LOT. I was prob yelling and cursing in them too!

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...478#Post1901478
That one should be read as: "Give me your [beeep] A2 upper [beeep]!!!!!

And to the 25%, the bullets were in bags. Sealed. There's always the chance that I lost em on the bench but I had just cleaned it and think the chances of only losing 1 bullet out of each bag is 4%.

As for contacting them: I hadn't because IT DIDN'T MATTER (that seems to be hard to grasp...)! I simply asked if it happened to others. It really was that simple!

NO...it has not happened to me.

Can you at least see why some would think that if all you were wanting to know is if it had happened to others, that maybe...just maybe.... there is a better way about it than how you approached it?

Absolutely!! That's a downside to online forums. With just text, there is a ton of "interpretation" for the reader. I can type one thing and you can read another...

Last edited:
Hi,
So blpoz is going to ring Hornady and tell them and I know they're good guys so they'll do the right thing.

The rest of you need a hobby 'cause you are ridding this issue way too hard.

I have thought about shutting this down a few times .... But we hardly ever have any excitement in the reloading forum so I hope everyone got their opinion expressed but its time to find something else to do. I recommend the Electronics forum as there's lots of disagreements's there.
wink.gif

This one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back