-------SHORTED by Hornady!?!?!---------

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 6 boxes of Hornady 60 grain V-max on my shelf, since that's what I used the most in my AR-15. I got so up-tight about this post I had to go count them all. I ended up with 101 in every box. I don't know when I'll get around to calling Hornady to complain about the mis-count. I think Hornady has been giving that extra bullet or two more often than most bullet companies. The 250 packs are usually 4-5 over quite often.

blopez50 send me your address and I'll send you the 2 that you were short. I don't shoot vary many hornady's anymore and have a small box of 60's left. I have never had any box come up short. Usually there is atleast 1or 2 extra's. I would give them a call and let them know that you were shorted. Their scale may have been off on that lot #. You will have to pay for the stamp though. LOL

After you get a few thousand on hand, you`ll quit counting, or should I say it wont seem like such a big deal.
Like others mentioned, give them a call, I`m sure they will make things right, and be glad you let them know.

Ridiculous thread. One bullet short or a couple extras, it can happen. Sure not worth making a big deal over. I'm wondering if people who get so upset about one less bullet are also sending back any extras when there are too many. It's only fair......

^ There wasnt a big deal made until people started making it that way!

And I just say.. Its not the same as getting one extra.. If you pay for 100 and get 101. Thats not your problem. If you pay for 100 and get 99 that is.

It was REALLY NO big deal to me! Just a simple "has this happened to anyone else?"

If I ran a company and found out my machinery was putting out something other than what it was supposed to, I would sure as [beeep] like to know. SO I sent them a email/message thing through their website just letting them know that two boxes in a row were short. Its NO biggie to me but like I said, if I was working at Coke and my 12packs were only coming out with 11 Cokes, id like to know!

Originally Posted By: blopez50^ There wasnt a big deal made until people started making it that way!

And I just say.. Its not the same as getting one extra.. If you pay for 100 and get 101. Thats not your problem. If you pay for 100 and get 99 that is.

It was REALLY NO big deal to me! Just a simple "has this happened to anyone else?"

If I ran a company and found out my machinery was putting out something other than what it was supposed to, I would sure as [beeep] like to know. SO I sent them a email/message thing through their website just letting them know that two boxes in a row were short. Its NO biggie to me but like I said, if I was working at Coke and my 12packs were only coming out with 11 Cokes, id like to know!

The use of the word 'screwed' sets the tone.....if you had titled your post differently I bet the thread would have taken a different direction.

FWIW you may be a great guy, but you come off sounding like a whiner.

Blopez, it's like walking on eggshells around here! Maybe before your next post(if you dare to make another) you should ask everyone first how they want you to headline it!
lol.gif
Don't sweat the negative comments, after all, they are just opinions!

haha no joke man!

Did you read my thread about those 110s? I had some sub MOAs that first day.. went out last week and shot freakin 2" groups!

I have more loaded up and im just waiting on a calm day to go out and make the final decision!

I did read your thread. I'm anxious to see if I can get some good results on the 110's, also! I have heard guys mentioning that they have had better results shooting the 125's than the 110's out of their '06, but I'm always a little stubborn about things and would love to come up with a good load for the 110's. My '06 has had alot of safe time over the last few years, but now that I'm getting into the whole reloading thing I think it will be coming out alot more! If I can get them to shoot, the coyotes in my area will not be so lucky anymore!

I feel ya man! My problem is that I just dont have the patience/time/facilities to do much testing... I like being able to load a couple charges and have one shoot!

I am not sure how they are packaged but I would guess it is by box weight. Wouldn't take much of a scale error to end up a few extra or short, for the money I wouldn't even think anything of it. If I did however notice it I would send a quick e-mail or phone call, if they respond and send a few out cool if not oh well.

just be glad you didnt post this over on snupershide... they'd prob ban ya! lol

i agree with ya [beeep]! and id like to know what happens for ya

Originally Posted By: blopez50

When a clerk doesn't give back enough change you say something......it's only right to tell them when they give back too much. With bullets there's no clerk and obviously you can't give one back. So you don't worry about it and sure don't get on the internet whining to the world about being screwed.

Originally Posted By: blopez50It was REALLY NO big deal to me! Just a simple "has this happened to anyone else?"

Well, big enough deal to start a thread telling how nasty ol' Hornady did you wrong.

If you deposited $100,000 in the bank and then your statement said $99,000 would you be upset? It's still only a 1% mistake the same as 99 instead of 100 bullets.

It all comes down to when do you want to take a stand.

Quote:If you deposited $100,000 in the bank and then your statement said $99,000 would you be upset? It's still only a 1% mistake the same as 99 instead of 100 bullets. While I understand your analogy,,, If you get an extra bullet in a box of 100,,,,and you e-mailed for instructions to send it back, the rep would probably be sent home from choking due to excessive laughter...We're discussing an item that costs more to mail than it's actually worth...

Certainly, no one likes to get shorted in any transaction, but that's where the term "Baker's Dozen" came from... Bakeries used to give an extra donut out of good will, until one day a clerk forgot to include it, for whatever reason, and it upset a bunch of customers...even though they were actually getting exactly what they were paying for originally...So bakeries ceased the practice to prevent recurrences ....

Originally Posted By: CoverDogIf you deposited $100,000 in the bank and then your statement said $99,000 would you be upset? It's still only a 1% mistake the same as 99 instead of 100 bullets.

It all comes down to when do you want to take a stand.

You're absolutely right.....only a 1% mistake. No difference at all between $1,000 and a .$14 bullet. Raise h#ll about a $.14 bullet. Tell the world. Nevermind common sense, it's the principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back