Light Mount Wish List

Originally Posted By: waterweasleI'd love to check one out when you get it finished, just tried mounting my new light on my burris rings above my sope but I dont have the clearance and placed it on the quad rail..................but would really like it above the scope

get 2 weaver 61 bases....screw them togethere and use 2 high mount weaver rings...it will clear your scope....put the first scope ring upside down on your scope then the 2 bases bolted together...then your light in the other scope ring...and its sturdy as a 1 piece mount....

Originally Posted By: happyyoterOriginally Posted By: waterweasleI'd love to check one out when you get it finished, just tried mounting my new light on my burris rings above my sope but I dont have the clearance and placed it on the quad rail..................but would really like it above the scope

get 2 weaver 61 bases....screw them togethere and use 2 high mount weaver rings...it will clear your scope....put the first scope ring upside down on your scope then the 2 bases bolted together...then your light in the other scope ring...and its sturdy as a 1 piece mount....

interesting, never thought to use two bases screwed together like that, I'll look and see if theres enough space left to mount a ring up side down between the rings that are holding the scope

It would be nice it had markings on it of some kind where you could return it to zero,so to speak,so you could switch weapons and adjust the light for that particular one.

Don't forget vent rib barrels,like my Super x2!

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

You won't have to worry about re-aiming the light, really easy and will take less time than trying to line up the markings, Shotgun barrel problem solved. My problem is getting the shop to get them into production...I guess I can't bump the other projects they have on line to get mine going...lol Like everything some people probably won't think it will do the job for them but I think it will perform well for the majority of people. As soon as the lawyer says so I will post up some pictures, actually getting a patent on it, I must be a sucker for punishment..lol Sorry about getting the talk going and having nothing I can show right now- don't want anyone being po'd about that just wanted to make sure I had most of the needs met. Thanks again guys and keep the suggestions going. - Matt

Matt,

You can only do what you can do. Working with others in a timely manner is difficult sometimes, as you know.

We are all anxious to see your new invention, and we all like talking about it, naturally. As the old saying goes, "it will all come out in the wash."

We will be waiting anxiously.

David

I hear you, the best bit of advice I've gotten through this all was from a wise person " Take your time and get it right before you release it. Even if its after season ends don't let potential customers rush something you want perfect." Looks like a lot of people here will watch out for you without even knowing you. Thanks for the help and advice guys. It will get done right.

PLEASE consider me for a test!

1" scope, with a KL 250 and also a pic rail and/or a 30mm mount for my DPMS LR308...

I'm doing night hunting for whitetails with a nuisance permit.

I will sign a confidentiality agreement, if you wish.

Last edited:
Would love to have something that would fit nicely over a vent rib on a shot gun. Please let me know when they become available.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan- Are you looking to mount the light under the barrel or off to the side? It can do either now and can align a straight light like the Kill light beside your barrel. I appreciate the request because I'm trying to make sure I have everything covered. Now the hurry up and wait again for the manufacturing still...

Yep, I know a patent attorney takes forever...lol Thats about it. I used my prototype at the Bark at the Moon hunt and it worked flawlessly, hope these get done sooner rather than later.

A friend of mine has invented several different things. He doesn't worry about the patent going through before he begins production any more. First thing he does is document the date of his prototype and date of final product, then get a registered trademark for it and begin production. The problem with a patent is someone else only has to change the design of the product a very little and begin producing a similar model their self.

I have worked with him on a couple of projects and I can tell you that he knows production and sales.

If you want to talk to my friend about manufacture and sales of new products I can give you his contact information.

EDIT to add that one thing you DO want to do is have your attorney check for existing patents and trademarks so that you are sure that your design doesn't infringe on any that are already in production.

Last edited:
Had the check done already, nothing like it around, if you could PM me his contact info I would very much like to talk to him. Any experience would help me a great deal. Once the provisional patent gets filed I should be good to go. I'm not too worried about sales but the manufacture of new products would be interesting to see as the machine shops here are very slow to get things done. Thanks for the info- Matt

Hey Matt, let me know when you have the final product, would love to test it out. My guess is you found the simple little idea that could make you rich. If not in dollars then in friends. I look forward to hearing from you in the future. If you run into production trouble let me know my son might be able to help, he is cnc programmer in tool shop. Good luck hunting & with new mount. Mick

Definitely won't make me rich, might get a little $ for my time but mostly hope the thing works for people. If you try to make a lot of money then you price it right out of everyones hands, rather get it out there if it is useful and give me a hobby of mailing them out...lol

Back