Light Mount Wish List

McDonald

I've developed a fully adjustable aluminum mount for the Predator Light and also a mount that is fully adjustable for the XLR 100/250 etc. I want to know what features you most want in a mount and what would be the order of importance. This mount will be able to handle any flashlight type light amongst others. I'm not trying to offer anything for sale at this time, just research and development to ensure I have all the wants met if possible. Thanks for you time guys and gals, looking forward too your responses. - Matt

I think that if you could adjust or tilt the light front to back or maybe right or left. So you could adjust the light so the halo is in your cross hairs and not the main beam. I'm new at this night hunting and what I have read you want the main beam above the eyes.

Last edited:
I got it so you can adjust it left and right up and down and any combination in between. Quick detach base and the mount is field adjustable with gloves on, no dropping a little wrench in the snow. It will take the recoil of a 300 win mag with no change in location of the light. Thanks for the response, I want to make sure I can get it as right as possible the first time.

I would want it Quik release from the scope to put gun in case.
smile.gif

Very quick release, like push button and pull off and goes back on just as easily, the mount that stays on the gun should be small and snagless when putting rifle in and removing from case. Easy adjustable aiming no tools required for anything. multiple mounting options and all included with the basic mount kit; scope mount, picatinny rail, shotgun barrel/magazine tube, as well as something very universal that can use zip ties, hose clamps, velcro etc. so that it can be easily mounted to just about anything.

Mikey's $.02

Laser Genetic has one for around $50.00. I'm not sure if it is quick release. Is yours like that, BUT cheaper?

The one I have is a lot easier to aim and use, at least as sturdy and has the quick release so you can jump the whole mount between guns with several bases. I should be a lot cheaper hopefully because I wouldn't want to spend $50 for a light mount...lol

Will the center of the beam be adjustable by minute of adjustment like on the cross hairs of a scope? What I mean, is the adjustment more precise and STAY where you adjust it? Of so, sounds excellent.

You can adjust it to any point you would like to. I put it on my 300 Win mag and fired 4 rounds in quick fashion and the light didn't move, I marked the mount to see if it would move at all. My .223 does not kick like that gun..lol I banged on the mount and it wouldn't move to the point I was worried I was going to damage the scope tube so normal wear and tear shouldn't be a problem, even a little abnormal wear like dropping your rifle etc. When I get a few machined I'll get a couple guys to test them out.

The ability to adjust the angle of the light is a good thing! Only other thing I'd like to see is the ability to attach it to the sccope, or on a pic rail. Reason being, I can't hunt at night with my R-15 here in WV, so I have to use my .22mag, which I mount the light on the scope. But when I go out of state hunting I attach the light to one of the pic rails on my R-15.

If you need a tester, let me know.

I think you may be onto something, better check with a patent lawyer. Don't give out to much info. the chinaman will beat you out.LOL

I hear you there, not trying to give too much away and not trying to get rich from it either. I look at what I would consider a deal on a good sturdy light mount and I incorporated all the items listed above. It uses a simple concept and should fulfill a wide variety of needs. Ultimately that is what I was looking for because there seems to be a lack of one now. I would like to move my headlamp or flashlight style light from my hand or hat to the gun with ease and quiet. Most importantly I do hunt and I am privvy to the needs of a night hunter. The light is mounted on a scope and easily changes to a pictany rail. I have to change between my .223 and my .22 mag during the open deer season here so I know what you mean. Keep the input comming guys and thanks- Matt

Originally Posted By: McDonaldOne of the mounts I have is for a 30mm tube, I'll put you first on the list for one when the machine shop gets done with them.

If it's good,I can bring to to the NYPHA hunt check-in and show it off for you.
thumbup1.gif

Back