Thinking of getting a new shotgun.

I had a problem as you stated Tim. With an 1100. It really was only when it got to 20* or lower. Went home and replaced the o-ring and cleaned up the gas system. Have not had a problem since. I also have a friend that has an 11-87 ran fine for about 2yrs then he started to have trouble. I took it home cleaned the gas ports and cleaned the action. He's not had a problem since. I would talk to remington.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Only thing is it did it new and still does it. Trouble is it might do after 100 rounds it might do it after 2. It is worse on cold days , but also does it at 70*.
My 3" premier is 10+ years old and worked hard . It has never gave me troubles at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Maybe it's just got issues.
Kind of like me, has a fit once in awhile. lol! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim

I looked for months for a auto,most comments on all brands were negative untill you hit the $1500 mark.mossberg 935 was the worst.If I could of found a 3 1/2 in the legacy/camo I would have gotten that.It would be a real pain to carry out 100+goose decoys and have your gun screw up and your done for the day.I went ahead and got the 835 Waterfowler.No worries[I hope]

I have been watching some of the older Beretta 390s NIB going for the $450 mark if you trying to stay on a budget. I have a four 1100s and one 11-87 and can say I have had cylcing rpblems with all. My Beretta runs circles around them but is way cheaper than a Benelli. I plan on purchasing a Devinci model when available at the end of month. I dont duck hunt, just turkey and predators so I dont know if its going to benefit me that much. Benellis are great if your wing shooting and dont clean your gun for 100s of rounds. When I purchased my Beretta I shot a good 500 rounds with it before my action slowed down. As long as you clean them periodicaly, they work just fine.

I've heard those older Beretta were good stuff.

If it were not for geese I would not even worry about 3.5" guns. But ,I've got cases of steel shot and the more power the better on them tuff old birds.

Back